Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Great Horny Toads! posted:

I tried to do the Authentic, Painstakingly Constructed World, and it was only hindrance. I ended up with more notes than story by about 3:1.

I don't think that ratio is uncommon or undesirable, at least not when you're serious about worldbuilding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

anime was right posted:

do mechanical keyboards make a difference when typing words? does it increase my WPM (words per minute, thats like Actions Per minute)

Raised mine from 105 to 115. The clicky sounds are great, but if you live with other people it'll probably drive them batshit. More than that, though, typing on a mechanical keyboard FEELS wonderful.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Do you normally wait until you've finished a long work to edit it or do you go back every now and then and rework it?

The answer's going to be different for everyone. For me personally, if I stop before the first draft is finished to start tinkering with it, I'll never finish it at all. I have to get the whole story down, THEN edit and rewrite and distill and refine.

• Locked thread