Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Jabrosky, enter the Thunderdome next week. You might just find a new muse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Overwined posted:

Footnote Fiction is an odd genre and I think I have one more for the pile. Flann O'Brien's The Third Policeman is a fantastic example of footnotes loving with your mind, much as the entire book. They are used sparingly (with a couple remarkable exceptions) but to great effect.

I thought of The Mezzanine when I saw Footnote fiction. Unlike your rec though, if I remember it right, the footnotes are likely longer than the actual book. It's an easy read, if jumpy, and I liked it a lot. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who doesn't especially like post-modern literature though.

e: Seconding Dorian Grey. It's a really good book. One other book I really liked when I read it, though I suppose it might be considered YA (I'm still part of that demographic I think), was the Book Thief.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 21, 2012

• Locked thread