Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015
The thing I remember most from reading his book is the story of how his babysitter was abusive and how it was framed as like 'oh how whimsical and normal'. Maybe I'm just a weirdo, but the whole time I was reading it I was like 'Jesus I'm never trusting my kids with a babysitter'.

Also his writing book is frontloaded with good basic writing advice and then after about, one page worth of practical advice the rest is waffling anecdotes. Which was kind of fun too I guess.

The story about him getting ran over by one of his own characters was pretty great.

It's also the only Stephen King book I've ever read.

I did see the version of the shining he wrote though. So don't read his advice if you're gonna write for TV.

cosmically_cosmic fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread