Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
While I generally agree with your sentiments, the man said he didn't want to participate. Lay off your little strongarming double-team posting combo supreme before I give you an ikari/psychicattack-style punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
The trick, I think, is to separate your ego from your work. True criticism (and, to a certain extent, criticsm from this forum in specific) is intrinsically harsh. It is meant to improve the quality of your work, not make you feel better about yourself. To quote the rules:

The Rules posted:

Critiques serve to help improve a piece of work - this doesn't necessary mean that the critiques have to be nice. This is, after all, Something Awful. If you're looking for quick, meaningless ego-padding, there are plenty of other sites out there that can help you out.

Nobody cares if you post something what you perceive as weak (mitigated by fanfiction and the like), so long as you stick to it and work to improve it. We all have to start somewhere and we're all here to make each other's stuff better. I can't even begin to list all the amateurish poo poo I've posted here over the years, but where I am now I do, in fact, owe somewhat to having honest, real, constructive feedback.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
Hello writers! If you could take a moment to read this sticky, I'd very much appreciate it:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501699

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

SkySteak posted:

Thanks for that. I was going to mention that if we do have a weapon thread, it should be more of a Technical Thread so you leave room for general machinery, certain systems etc.

This is a way less creepy/goony take on the idea, I like it.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
Hey there! I've just posted a new version of the rules for review, and I'd appreciate it if you all could take a moment to give it a read.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
Don't talk more about boobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost
:siren: Chickencheese is here! :siren:

Advice and discussion about the rarely-discussed Chickencheese fiction genre would be appreciated in the thread, thank you.

• Locked thread