Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Mike Works posted:

The problem is that I've already found that detail, that spark, that encapsulating image... and it's a drat zombie. It has to be a zombie.

Honestly, this is the one aspect of writing that I feel I'm really, really good at. Almost every title I've come up with at least touches on the theme, creates a concrete image, is catchy... and is often a combination of the three.

I guess I'm less asking for help on finding a different focal point for the title and more asking any goons who happened to be raised in a family of zombies if they have a specialty thesaurus handy.

just do what everyone else does n' grab a couple of words from Shakespeare

Something After Death (Hamlet)

That Flesh is Heir (Hamlet)

Death Will Have His Day (Richard II)

Another Room in Hell (Richard II)

Die All, Die Merrily (Henry IV)

We Owe God a Death (Henry IV)

Of Perpetual Night (Richard III)

A Dry Death (The Tempest)

I really like That Flesh is Heir :o: and as an aside someone needs to use "Nothing in his life became him like the leaving it" as the hook in a zombie story

e: I really really really like That Flesh is Heir you better use it fellow hockey poster Mike Works

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Aug 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I would think past tense would be enough (definitely don't do italics). Will it not be evident within the text that it's a flashback? What's the length/tone/genre?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Two flashbacks within a 3,500 word story? I'm guessing they're pretty small?

You could try writing them in a dramatically different style than the main text. Is the story third or first person?

• Locked thread