Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Sithsaber posted:

Ps. By right of blood and skin palette I reserve the right to use the phrase "ethnic name". By my inpronunciable title, I claim "ethnic in perpetuity

Dude I appreciate that you want help with writing but I beg of you, please try to express yourself in a non-insane way so that people can help you better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Shageletic posted:

Quick question: I posted a thread for the first couple of chapters of a project I hope to make novel length someday, and it just got archived (Elysium). I've finally gotten around to writing a subsequent chapter and a half, and I'm slightly concerned about just posting too much drat words. My contributions from the past thread totaled together is about 10,000 words. The new stuff (a chapter and a half) is about 7,000. Maybe I'm thinking too much about this, but should I just link to the archived thread for my previous chapter, and just post the new stuff or just post the entire gut busting thing? Either way, I'd love to have the incredibly helpful feedback I got in the first thread.

Thanks.

To answer your next question, no we can't pull stuff back out of archives due to Reasons, nor can we recover anything but the plain rendered text (ie not the bbcode, etc).

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whalley posted:

How'd you pick it?

Just seek to a random location in this video and use whatever name they say next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Contrary to popular belief, neither "being sithsaber" nor "making a middlin-tier post" are actually against the rules, so please stick to reporting posts that are really bad and/or insane (I mean I'm sure there's still going to be some of those so don't worry too much).

• Locked thread