Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
I personally think the player GM divide should be encouraged more in traditional RPGS. Ideally there should be some overlap between GM and players in rules knowledge, but the idea that the GM needs to know all the player rules and all the special gm rules is stupid.

As for how books should come? Thats simple. It is the year of our lord 2012, they should come as properly indexed files with support for a variety of platforms. Since there is no printing cost, divide it into as many files as seems appropriate, maybe it is one with link spoilers, or two that share a combat rules section, IDGAF. But there are better formats than bigass bok with lovely index for conveying information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
I am 100% serious when I say a Razor/Blades or F2P model could work for a game like D&D.

Put out the equiv of the 4e Rules Compendium as a dirt cheap paperback, give it away online for free like an SRD. Let people download it for any device.

Then sell classes, adventures, monster packs. 2 bucks for a class, 1 buck for a race isn't going to break anyone's bank. Sell it online and as a physical product, poo poo sell it with minis. As a kid I'd have loved a shelf of minis of cool races and classes that were all "buy this mini, be this type of hero". Let the loving purists and grognards complain but get into department and toystores.

THIS HERO COMES WITH ALL THE RULES TO PLAY HIM. THE GAME RULES YOU WILL NEED ARE AVAILABLE IN PRINT HERE OR ONLINE HERE.

Edit: The grogs would complain a bit but they could sell bitchin box sets again. Everything you need for Greyhawk, a campaign booklet, an adventure, some maps, some minis, some monsters.

Red_Mage fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 19, 2012

• Locked thread