Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Tajuh posted:

Just popping in to say I've been following the LPs for at least a year, and even if the challenges are bullshit I have enjoyed the thread.

Segue time!

This is super short notice, but I've been talking about going back through Amped 2 on stream, making my way through all those poo poo challenges once again, this time in real-time. Well, I'm going to do that tonight (Friday the 27th) starting around 5:30 Central time (soooo about 30 minutes from posting this). Like I said, short notice, but if you're interested, it will probably run a while. I won't be blitzing back through the game.

If you're interested, then my twitch page is http://www.twitch.tv/Insetik47.

EDIT: Done. And that's exactly why I'm not showing off any more of the Legend challenges. Because holy poo poo. Also, whoever recommended Links 2004, thanks man. blanktester and I had a lot of fun with it.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009
Hey guys, sorry for not posting much, but at least I've managed to catch up with the thread here and watched all the videos so far. Speaking of which, I'm okay whether you close this and open up a new one, or keep this one going, though I guess it'd be nice to see some new blood if you do decide to start up a new thread.

But yeah, Amped 2 looks to be a good game, if not for the majority of badly designed challenges. Also, what's the point of getting all those rank ups if finishing the last event automatically puts you in 1st place anyway?

blanktester posted:

In other news, I finally did something that I had been meaning to do ever since Daigerus made that totally SWAG art of me and Insetik: I tried to re-create it for my Minecraft skin.

I had to scrap the scarf unfortunately because every variation I tried looked completely terrible, and I had to scrap the dogtags because it mirrors the legs and it looked really stupid with dogtags on both sides. I think it looks pretty decent, if I may say so.

Thanks again, Daigerus! You rock!
No prob, and thank you blanktester for sharing your Minecraft skin; it looks really awesome and faithful to the design. :allears:

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Daigerus posted:

But yeah, Amped 2 looks to be a good game, if not for the majority of badly designed challenges. Also, what's the point of getting all those rank ups if finishing the last event automatically puts you in 1st place anyway?

No prob, and thank you blanktester for sharing your Minecraft skin; it looks really awesome and faithful to the design. :allears:

You still needed to get to Rank 8 to unlock the last event. So you still had to do a good bit of the game. Maybe you could have swapped some Pro 3's out for some Photoshoot 3's if you wanted to. Or maybe you could have got all the gap and explore challenges and skipped a couple of the later challenges. There isn't a ton of wiggle room.

So today will be the last update for Amped 2, featuring a bonus video and the piping-hot return of my attempts at riffing on bad kids. After that, I might put in a one-shot or two, but otherwise I think it is time for a new thread. Things will continue the absolute same, meaning I'll be moving right on with some weird game with very odd physics. We might just keep on snowboarding for a bit longer, mainly so I can run through one more Xbox only game that has its own weird system of balancing difficulty, or I could present the game that BioEnchanted is talking about with me. So yeah, maybe next week a new thread will go up.

Amped 2 Bonus: Chilling With Shiny (Cheat Codes, Hidden Characters, and Strange Glitches)

Text Link

Amped 2 retsupurae

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Also, uhh, I made those posts without really checking my list of "games to still play", and when I finally did, I came up short...real short. I think blanktester and I are just going to run this game out of this thread then call it a good experience.

But hey, if it's last, you know it's gotta be good, right? What game could possible be kept back as a swan song to all the flippin', flyin', trickin' and racin' we've been doing for almost three years now? I think you guy know.

The most extreme memes you'll ever see: Let's Play Petz Dogz 2!

What is this game?
Petz Dogz 2 is a Wii/PS2 game 'pup'lished by Ubisoft featuring some extreme dogs doing extremely cute things. At least, that's what you'd expect.

I'm not making GBS threads you guys when I tell you there's a dramatic story in here. You play as [A DOG], whose family is (doing a really bad job at) guarding the magic hat, a hat that lets you...I dunno, have superpowers. Unfortunately, the magic hat falls into the EVIL HANDS PAWS of the wolf Ivlet, who straight up, like, causes an apocalypse that you have to fix. But along with that, there are multiplayer minigames, which of course is what blanktester and I really want to do.

10 out of 10.

Petz Dogz 2 Episode 1: Intro and Tutorials (Part 1 of ??????)

Text Link

So yeah we'll be pushing new stuff out SOON<

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Ah man, could close things out with that, could I? Well, here is one more one-shot for a game I picked up and tried because I was curious about it. I will be starting a full-length game next (maybe even running another one as well), but here is one video for a game that only needed one. I'm not calling this a Let's Not Play because this game is actually pretty fun, or at least fun to watch.

Cars are your enemy (and so are the pedestrians) in Smashing Drive!

What is this game?

Smashing Drive is an arcade game ported to the Xbox and Gamecube in 2002. In it, you are a taxi driver trying to make your way to the destination without running out of time. That's all you care about. No amount of ambulances, firetrucks or schoolbuses will stop you from getting those powerups and blazing your way through New York City. There are three sets of tracks, an Easy, Medium, and Hard set, and then a bonus set if you do well enough. I didn't do well enough. Ahh, who cares about that, though?

Also, the music that plays over the three sets is so weird, but is mostly covered up by our talking. That is what, in the videos, I have annotations to the music when I reach the next set. I strongly encourage you to listen along. Now, let's get to it and smash this town.

Smashing Drive: The Full Saga

Text Link

Alright, this will be the final update for this thread. Look out for the next thread going up Wednesday probably, with a new title and new flair. Probably with the same PS2 tag.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Also I saw my hand on blood lying on the ground, and I saw someone with device's like pile bunker and grind with evil smile

Daigerus posted:

I actually also recreated Insetik's art as a skin, and his came out really good I think (I even got the 47 on the belt), but I don't have a screenshot of it.

About the thread: Maybe what we could do is have a link to a separately hosted page with links to the different LPs from this thread in the opening post of the second thread (or just copy/paste what's in the present opening posts there). We could then keep the first posts relatively clear of old stuff but still have access to all that good old poo poo. I don't know, I'm a big stupid head so you guys figure it out. It would be nice to get some new blood in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Alright, guys, head over to the second iteration of this thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712302

Insetik fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 8, 2015

• Locked thread