Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just watched the Razor playlist. That was something....special. Now I have to follow the rest of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Star Man posted:

I just watched the Razor playlist. That was something....special. Now I have to follow the rest of the thread.

More or less.

Gotta say, Crusty Demons is makin' me surprisingly angry with just how edgy it is. Like, it's clearly been designed by a focus group looking to appeal to the edgy 14 to 17 year old male demographic that don't want to tidy their rooms and don't care who knows it!

mattroks101
Aug 5, 2013

Sion posted:

Gotta say, Crusty Demons is makin' me surprisingly angry with just how edgy it is. Like, it's clearly been designed by a focus group looking to appeal to the edgy 14 to 17 year old male demographic that don't want to tidy their rooms and don't care who knows it!

You know man, it's like I said in the video if you look under "trying too hard" in the dictionary, this game comes up. Because holy poo poo, was this game trying waaaay too hard to be "adult".

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Hey! Nice of mattroks to post in this thread again, especially considering we grabbed him for the next level as well. On this episode of Crusty Demons, we head to the land of the rising sun to get a mashup of big air, big crashes, and ALL. DAY. ANIMAY.

However, when we go to do the race, we get a little surprise. What is it? Well, let's just say things are progressing faster than you think.

Crusty Demons Part 6: Tokyo and Arizona

Text Link

Also, in case you were wondering, we have, in fact, figured out the timing issue seen in earlier levels. What is the reason? Well, the flaws of this game go deeper than you may think. We'll have a hell of a bonus video, let's just say that.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 22, 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
brb going to anime.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The hell? It's over already?

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Also I saw my hand on blood lying on the ground, and I saw someone with device's like pile bunker and grind with evil smile

SelenicMartian posted:

The hell? It's over already?

Sadly, (sadly?) yes. The game's campaign is over. We still have at least 2 good bonus vids coming, and after that we move on to bigger (ish) and better (ish) things.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Alright, so here's how it's going to go:

I recorded part 6 and this next part with no intentions of recording anything more. The commentary reflects that. However, after recording this video, I played around in the game some more and blanktester and I actually figure out how the awful timing system works. Well, it works fine, up until it hits a very easy-to-cause glitch. You guys will see that in the first bonus. But for now, since we have finished story mode, it's time to check out Devil Rush!

Crusty Demons Part 7: Devil Rush Mode

Text Link

Devil Rush has a very familiar layout: Small courses, two minute time limit, multiple goals to complete. Sound like a winning formula, right? Well, you can watch and see if you want to.

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009
Well, at least Crusty Demons was certainly true to its name given all the loading is bound to make anyone feel crusty in an old way. Also, apparently the Devil is horrible at being smashable according the skill ratings. Can't wait to see how you guys will do the speedrun thing.

Also, remember that special thing I was gonna do a few months back? I'm finally done with it, but it only took a long time because I've accidentally uncovered a conspiracy behind this very thread and its infamous LPing duo, and I had to fact-check and cross-reference every single detail to ensure authenticity.

For the record, it all began with this innocuous image I found in the depths of the interweb:

What I didn't know was that this image was linked to a website, which had long been shut down by the time I've compiled this post, so what you're about to see is the best of what I've recollected together and assembled after several incidents of being chloroform'd and fighting off cyborg ninjas down uneventful mountain bike trails, which may or may not be related to me uncovering said conspiracy.

People of the internet, I present to you the true(ish?) story behind Insetik47 and blanktester:

Okay, my mind is still a bit hazy, but seriously, you guys are the best and hope you guys can keep trucking on with your LPs!

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
poo poo, I've been found out!

(You're the best, man)

mattroks101
Aug 5, 2013

This is literally, the best thing in this thread.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Since it got asked, I was going to say the worst game so far was this one. Then I realized I can't remember Mountain Bike Adrenaline Hill Bike Boredom really. Every time I try to think of it I think of Downhill Domination, which seemed kinda fun.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I got to the final level in the Free Running game that I had been playing and now consider myself done. If you find it it is worth a go, the first three levels are a good intro, the middle three levels re fairly interesting to explore and fun to run around in, the final three are a mess of too many obstacles in potentially interesting areas that are just too frustrating. EG the final level, the Highrise has a "do a lot of tricks and get a billion points" sub-objective in a tiny platform, that trying to get away from is just going to waste time that could be spent getting points so stay on the ledge and pray you don't fall off like 9 times like I did. You guys are much better at these games than I am though, so you may enjoy it.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

BioEnchanted posted:

I got to the final level in the Free Running game that I had been playing and now consider myself done. If you find it it is worth a go, the first three levels are a good intro, the middle three levels re fairly interesting to explore and fun to run around in, the final three are a mess of too many obstacles in potentially interesting areas that are just too frustrating. EG the final level, the Highrise has a "do a lot of tricks and get a billion points" sub-objective in a tiny platform, that trying to get away from is just going to waste time that could be spent getting points so stay on the ledge and pray you don't fall off like 9 times like I did. You guys are much better at these games than I am though, so you may enjoy it.

I keep forgetting about this game! Like, you guys keep bringing it up, and I keep ignoring it. I can't say I'm that much better, but I can still try, whenever I actually remember that it exists. It may be a while, since I am a full game into the Xbox block now.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

Also I saw my hand on blood lying on the ground, and I saw someone with device's like pile bunker and grind with evil smile

Daigerus posted:

Well, at least Crusty Demons was certainly true to its name given all the loading is bound to make anyone feel crusty in an old way. Also, apparently the Devil is horrible at being smashable according the skill ratings. Can't wait to see how you guys will do the speedrun thing.

Also, remember that special thing I was gonna do a few months back? I'm finally done with it, but it only took a long time because I've accidentally uncovered a conspiracy behind this very thread and its infamous LPing duo, and I had to fact-check and cross-reference every single detail to ensure authenticity.

For the record, it all began with this innocuous image I found in the depths of the interweb:

What I didn't know was that this image was linked to a website, which had long been shut down by the time I've compiled this post, so what you're about to see is the best of what I've recollected together and assembled after several incidents of being chloroform'd and fighting off cyborg ninjas down uneventful mountain bike trails, which may or may not be related to me uncovering said conspiracy.

People of the internet, I present to you the true(ish?) story behind Insetik47 and blanktester:

Okay, my mind is still a bit hazy, but seriously, you guys are the best and hope you guys can keep trucking on with your LPs!

You said Insetik's IQ was 4200. You were off by 4153. 0/10 too realistic.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

blanktester posted:

You said Insetik's IQ was 4200. You were off by 4153 4053. 0/10 too realistic.

I figured the IQ should have between 147. Am I misremembering the channel name?

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

PSWII60 posted:

It's probably from my propensity to smoke big weed. And 147 just wouldn't be good enough.

Daiger, you probably didn't know this but I had a guy on my Xbox Live friends list who'd keep calling me Insect all the time, so it's nice to see someone else make that connection. And honestly, I should probably just switch this username out and start up version 2 of the megathread. This thing is getting OOOOOLD.

blanktester
Aug 28, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

Excuse me, his IQ is 8353

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Alright, so in the main LP, I went through a tutorial and two whole levels in nine and a half minutes. Something has to be off, right? And if so, maybe we can find out what causes it and push that game timer as low as it can go...

Well, we figured it out. blanktester and I figured out why the game timer can mess up so badly. And we decided to see how quickly we could 'speedrun' the game, using the game's logic. And thus, a speedrun was created. We describe what causes the problem in the video, but you can scroll down to below the picture to get a text explanation.

5 levels. 5 races. Let's do this. The video is a montage of the full run, but you will still see the final time at the end. Does anyone care to make a guess on the final time before they watch the video?

Crusty Demons Bonus 1: One Crusty Speedrun (Montage)

Text Link

EXPLANATION BELOW

Crusty Demons stores the time you spent in a level in a temporary variable before moving it over and finalizing it. It only 'locks the time in' if you play a level then load a different level or exit career mode. Also, the game considers the goal-based part of a location and the race part as one level.

When you enter the goal-based part, time just counts up as you do things no problem. But in the races, naturally, if you have to restart, it resets the time you spent on the race back to 0:00 so you can give it another try. However, this means that if you spend time in a level, go to that level's race, and restart, it also erases the time spent playing the game since the last time it saved. You can spend an hour in a level, doing nothing until you go to the race. But if you go to that level's race and restart even once, you lose that hour.

The only level that saves the time in it no matter what is Tokyo, since the Arizona race is considered a different location, and restarting in Arizona does not affect Tokyo. And so, to speedrun this, beat the first four levels as fast or slow as you want, then restart their race once and then complete those. Once you hit Tokyo, actually try to do that level fast, then just beat Arizona and you have your final time - Tokyo plus the five races.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 30, 2014

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
And if that wasn't enough, we have one more bonus video for you. As we mentioned in the Tokyo video, we had a very confusing glitch happen while on the minibike. Well, we went back to get it to happen again, and we got it...sort of. I guess the glitch comes in multiple parts.

But along with that, we grabbed a bunch more glitches and mashed em up into another bonus video! Watch as we are able to switch bikes at any time, fall through the floor into the black void, and cut half an hour off the game clock. You already saw how to do that last video, but here you'll get a bit more footage of it.

Now that Crusty Demons is actually done, I hope you guys can still get amped for the next game. What was its name again? Ugh, I can't remember...

Crusty Demons Bonus 2: Extra Clips of Extra Glitches

Text Link

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

This is the game that never ends.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Well, if it makes you feel better, it ended.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Whoo Amped.
Played so much of 1 and 2. Never finished 2, couldn't beat the final competition. :(

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Ovues posted:

Well, if it makes you feel better, it ended.

Guess I should've posted after watching.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Alright, buckle up people, because we're about to get... crusty

I ain't never gonna stop making Amped puns: Let's Play Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding!

What is this game?

Amped is a snowboarding game, and was launch title game for the original Xbox. Afterwards, it was released separately in 2002 and has become a Platinum Hit game for the console. It spawned a minor series with two sequels, though the third one is probably the most popular due to it being really really wacky.

Meanwhile, the first Amped game is much more grounded in reality. The tricks are standard grabs and flips, the riding feels pretty normal, and...yeah. Don't expect to get monster air by falling down whole cliff faces or grinding in loop de loops, except for when you do so on accident.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good is this game?

The second thing Amped is known for, at least from what I've seen, is its difficulty. It asks a lot of you, and it asks you to get a lot of points in its events and play fairly well when doing the challenges. Along with this, the game feels pretty clunky. Rails sometimes toss you off without warning at all. Flips seem to start immediately - so quickly, in fact, that you'll hit your head on the ramp before you get off it if you're not careful. A lot of minor things add up to slow things down and make you restart a challenge more than you'd like. You need to know what you're doing to do it well, and that might take longer than you'd like. Still, I beat the game and I will be showing off all the levels and all the challenges. Except for the 'find all the snowmen' ones. Screw those.

Oh yeah, it needs a score. Breddy good, 6 out of 5.

After creating a guy, we have only one level to go to. Well, I guess we might as well go then!

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 1: Brighton 1

Text Link

Now, I do want to mention something. I played halfway through the game, went back, recorded a few levels, then went home for break and recorded two episodes. My opinion of things has slightly changed since recording these. I stand by most of what I said, but I have annotations that explain my view on the stats or on corkscrews and rodeos. Sorry for that, but I have figured some things out in between. Still, it shouldn't take several hours of playing to get those down.

Insetik fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 4, 2014

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013
I actually picked up Amped a couple of months ago because after playing SSX3 for the first time and looking for more snowboarding games. I remember liking Amped 2 so I picked this up for like 3 bucks. I got a little more than halfway through the game before completely giving up it. This game can get difficult later on and the controls and physics really don't help in that regard.
They did fix a lot Amped's problems in the sequel, but it does retain some of this games quirks, namely that it's controller throwingly difficult.
Can't wait to see more!

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Pengu! posted:

I actually picked up Amped a couple of months ago because after playing SSX3 for the first time and looking for more snowboarding games. I remember liking Amped 2 so I picked this up for like 3 bucks. I got a little more than halfway through the game before completely giving up it. This game can get difficult later on and the controls and physics really don't help in that regard.
They did fix a lot Amped's problems in the sequel, but it does retain some of this games quirks, namely that it's controller throwingly difficult.
Can't wait to see more!

Oh, good! Sounds like they left the worst problem in!

I know I JUST posted episode 1 but I'm probably going to post, like, episode 9 tomorrow which is like 50 minutes of raw uncommentated footage to beat three challenges. Admittedly, they're the hardest challenges in the game, but still, gently caress! We can double back later, it's an experimental LP.

fifty f*cking minutes...

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Double post to get Amped pumpin'! In the second episode, we go to Snow Summit 1, a mountain set in eternal sunset with some long rails to grind along with the fairly good jumps. If you like rails, you'll like this level. If you like getting a ton of points by grinding rails, you'll REALLY like this level.

On the back of the game manual is a list of the top 10 reasons to play Amped all day. I do not have easy access to a scanner now, but trust us that the ten reasons we list are all printed there for the player to see.

Also, for the videos, I have decided to post the length of recorded footage vs. length of footage used in the video. This is so you guys can see how much I have to restart things and edit out failures. The beginning, like I said, is fairly easy once you get the hang of it, though I got a bit lucky with passing some of the sponsor challenges here as quickly as I do. Also, every video will have a little bit edited out of the beginning and end to trim the footage a bit.

Level 1: Brighton 1:
Raw footage: 14:11
Footage used: 14:00
Percent used: 98.7%

Level 2: Snow Summit 1:
Raw footage: 11:05
Footage used: 10:52
Percent used: 98.0%

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 2: Snow Summit 1

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
On the next level, we try to move up in the world! We're sick of getting half-priced gear and free food, so we're going to become a shop rider over at Gunny's Gulch! Once we get sponsored here, we unlock the first level of Pro challenges across all levels. In these, you ride behind a pro snowboarder as he/she does tricks down the mountain and you need to beat their scores. Four misses, and you're out! (The four-miss things is a strange amount of forgiveness from this game).

Level 3: Gunny's Gulch
Raw footage length: 11:42
Footage used: 11:40
Percent used: 99.7%

(Again, next level is when the real editing and cuts start)

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 3: Gunny's Gulch

Text Link

So what are you guys thinking of Amped? It seems like a few of you have played it before. What do you think about the points system? Are there multipliers, or is it adding a ton of bonus points sometime? And when it is, why is it? Because these are some of the things that blanktester and I are having a hard time figuring out. It seems like we can go off a jump and get 5 different scores from one trick. Does anyone have some insight on what's going on?

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Ovues posted:

So what are you guys thinking of Amped? It seems like a few of you have played it before. What do you think about the points system? Are there multipliers, or is it adding a ton of bonus points sometime? And when it is, why is it? Because these are some of the things that blanktester and I are having a hard time figuring out. It seems like we can go off a jump and get 5 different scores from one trick. Does anyone have some insight on what's going on?

What I want to say is going on is that the game is trying to do what Tony Hawk does and will give you less points for each duplicate trick, so doing the same or similar tricks multiple times in a row will result in less and less points. The problem with this though, is that the Tony Hawk games at least had the combo system where duplicate tricks in a combo were worth less and less as long as you were in that combo. As you said, it also doesn't help that there is no indication what is multiplied and how multipliers are applied. This is another one of the problems that is ironed out in Amped 2 when they introduce Butters and Stylish tricks, where it's a lot easier to see exactly what you're doing and how you are earning points.
As for the LP, I love it. It brings me at least some satisfaction to know that I'm not the only one who finds this game frustrating.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm pretty sure it has a hidden landing multiplier too (Eg. Bad/Ok/Perfect). Or you'll get a points boost once you land because the game will decide to chalk the spin up as a Rodeo. 1 has a real problem of just not giving you feedback which 2 fixes mostly (I think).
2 is overall better, 1 does have the Slope Style level though and I remember that being pretty cool. Amped 2 has snowskating too which is actually a thing and not just made up to my surprise when I played it.

You should put the Surf Rock music on too :colbert:

Daigerus
Nov 5, 2009

Ovues posted:

It looks like a decently fun game if you know what you're doing. As for my take on the points system, I think the way the score fluctuates (blanktester said it earlier in the video how sometimes it decreases randomly before landing and getting a huge point boost) is probably determined by how long you keep tricking in the air. Because of how the game works, you don't know how long some tricks last, so near the end of a jump, you tend to play it safe and just do nothing for a few seconds to ensure you land properly and not fall on your face. So maybe you get more points if you time your tricks and make the most out of your jumps, but that sounds a lot harder to do.

And thanks for the unexpected shoutout; I was really surprised about that.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Croccers posted:

I'm pretty sure it has a hidden landing multiplier too (Eg. Bad/Ok/Perfect). Or you'll get a points boost once you land because the game will decide to chalk the spin up as a Rodeo. 1 has a real problem of just not giving you feedback which 2 fixes mostly (I think).
2 is overall better, 1 does have the Slope Style level though and I remember that being pretty cool. Amped 2 has snowskating too which is actually a thing and not just made up to my surprise when I played it.

You should put the Surf Rock music on too :colbert:

Pengu! posted:

As you said, it also doesn't help that there is no indication what is multiplied and how multipliers are applied. This is another one of the problems that is ironed out in Amped 2 when they introduce Butters and Stylish tricks, where it's a lot easier to see exactly what you're doing and how you are earning points.
As for the LP, I love it. It brings me at least some satisfaction to know that I'm not the only one who finds this game frustrating.

I have recorded the rest of Amped 1 and I've moved on to Amped 2, so I can see what you all are getting at. Yeah, that game does a better job of telling you why it cut your points in half at the last second. hosed up doing your style bonus? Get good. What's that? You're busy focusing on holding both thumbsticks and a trigger button at different levels of pressure? Get good. But in the sequel, it does show its systems more obviously. And...umm...we may have a problem about that Surf Rock playlist.

Daigerus posted:

As for my take on the points system, I think the way the score fluctuates (blanktester said it earlier in the video how sometimes it decreases randomly before landing and getting a huge point boost) is probably determined by how long you keep tricking in the air. Because of how the game works, you don't know how long some tricks last, so near the end of a jump, you tend to play it safe and just do nothing for a few seconds to ensure you land properly and not fall on your face. So maybe you get more points if you time your tricks and make the most out of your jumps, but that sounds a lot harder to do.

And thanks for the unexpected shoutout; I was really surprised about that.

There's definitely a "close call" multiplier or bonus point addon. Still, it feels like there's certain jumps and landing where I get way more points than in other similar situations. I can sort of tell when I'm going to get a huge increase in points, but sometimes it catches me off guard. And especially in the pro challenges, where I need to beat a bunch of point totals and I'm trying to work with the hidden bonuses.

And it's no problem, man. The people who aren't in the thread also need to see those great pictures.

And now that we're sponsored, let's head back to Brighton and go further up the mountain! That's right, we're already hitting the 'expanded' levels, which are really just repeats. Still, we can keep going forward, so let's go forward!

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 4: Brighton 2

Text Link

Insetik fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 12, 2014

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Posting in the morning because I might not have a better time to do it in the next few days. On this episode of Amped, we visit Stratton for the first time. This level has way too much fog, which is just straight up an issue, and this level is all about the rails as well. Some people might like that, but for me, this just means everything slows down as I try to max the rails for all the points they're worth rather than getting big jumps to go off. I dunno, out of like, the FOUR non-competition areas, this is my least favorite. Maybe you guys have a different opinion.

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 5: Stratton 1

Text Link

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Hey, so someone on deviantart whipped up another sick album from our Splashdown boy Amman Ra! Man, some of those diss track look intense!

Fanart done by JacobTaylor13, in case you were interested in seeing the rest of his page.

And also, it figures that I would forget to post the whole percentage-of-footage-used thing right when the big disparities started taking place. Well, quite a bit of it in level 5 and was from cuts and fades, but still, a few things also took me way too many tries. I hope it doesn't look like I'm low-balling things, and certain challenges do start taking more time and retries than I'd like as i go along.

Level 4: Brighton 2
Raw footage length: 20:40
Footage used: 15:57
Percent used: 77.2%

Level 5: Stratton 1
Raw footage length: 24:54
Footage used: 12:43
Percent used: 51.1%

Level 6: Altibahn 1
Raw footage length: 21:56
Footage used: 11:15
Percent used: 51.2%

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 6: Altibahn 1

Text Link

Insetik fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 21, 2014

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh hey, a mountain that looks different, and the drawing distance to actually see that.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh hey, a mountain that looks different, and the drawing distance to actually see that.

You could compliment the game on putting forward effort to make its areas stand out. Snow Summit is set during sunset, Stratton is very foggy, etc. And then you realize that outside of the competition levels, there are only four areas in the game. You are going to see Snow Summit 2, Stratton 2, and Altibahn 2 at some point. Obviously.

It's a trick the sequel does as well, differentiating levels with certain times of day. The only problem there is the time of day switches from version 1 to version 2, turning a couple levels much more boring.

Gaiza
Aug 19, 2013

You talk about redefining my identity. I want a guarantee that I can still be myself.
I've been going back and looking at your playlist of "Crusty Demons" (plus following your Amped LP) and I still can't see how that game saw the light of day. I was wondering do you have any plans on doing Acclaim's 2002 raunchy entry in the bike gaming series, "BMX XXX" sometime next year.

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS

Gaiza posted:

I've been going back and looking at your playlist of "Crusty Demons" (plus following your Amped LP) and I still can't see how that game saw the light of day. I was wondering do you have any plans on doing Acclaim's 2002 raunchy entry in the bike gaming series, "BMX XXX" sometime next year.

Glad you asked! I have owned a copy of BMX XXX since the very beginning, yet I have been saving it, as my LP of it will officially mark the end of the thread, as there is no other game that would be as...as...EXTREEEEEME as that game. Basically, I'm doing it last. Also, remember that Crusty Demons is technically a licensed game, so that probably helped it somewhat.

Now, it's time to return to Amped, but we decided to do something special for the holiday season. Yes, this is a shorter video, but for this level, we got our boy Tinker back to spread some cheer. In the Slopestyle event, we're sick of being a shop rider - it's time to go pro. And also, this level's sponsor challenge, like, super sucks, and this is probably the biggest disparity between raw footage length and footage used after cutting out most of the restarts.

I mentioned that the middle part of the game is just unforgiving, and then it gets a bit easier near the end. This is the height of that unforgiving part, at least for me. Because once we go pro, we get a ton of stat-boosting gear, and we can go back to do the Pro 2 challenges, which get you more stat points. Next video will be me doing the Pro 2 challenges up through Slopestyle, so over seven levels, that is 14 more stat points to boost your rider for the endgame.

Level 7: Slopestyle
Raw footage length: 22:36
Footage used: 8:51
Percent used: 39.2%

(In a word, gently caress this level)

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Level 7: Slopestyle

Text Link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
Last video, we became a Pro Rider, and we unlocked the Pro 2 challenge on every level. We've been through seven levels by this point. That's seven challenges, all of which get you two more stat points. I think we need to go back and complete them all.

Pro 2 Challenges (Levels 1-7)
Raw footage length: 23:58
Footage used: 17:18
Percent used: 72.2%

Overall, these weren't too bad. The footage cut out includes the loading and stuff I removed, but there were a few failed attempts. Especially on the Slopestyle level, it feels like that one is harder than it should be. It feels like you have to miss a couple, like HAVE TO miss one trick to make sure you complete the ones before and after. Otherwise, you extend beyond your reach and miss two tricks, which you wouldn't be able to afford. This is where you need to understand how to get higher multipliers or work the trick points for all they're worth. When I played the game, I tried to throw a bunch of different tweaks into a single jump because I thought that got me more points. In the sequel, it's preferred to do one grab in a jump. Maybe that's the same case in the first game and I was really making things harder on myself. In that case, well, poo poo, maybe that should be something the player is told. Maybe the Pro 3 challenges wouldn't have been so bad.

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding Part 8: Pro Challenges (Levels 1-7)

Text Link

• Locked thread