Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the funny thing is 1080 on the n64 seemed to try and get very distinct looks to each track by the lighting of the courses. Weirdly from memory it seems that the courses on avalanche are about the same length, or shorter, which seems very silly.

I have a feeling that the team that did 1080 is the same one that did waverace 64, and certainly on the n64 they used the same engine, and one of the key coders was a british dude who stayed in kyoto with nintendo after the old argonaught super fx chip days.

no idea if it was the same team who made avalanche though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for clarifying Ovues. You weren't kidding, NST really are the Z-Listers!

I was really disappoint by Blue Storm, it almost seemed as if it was developed by people who were not massive fans of the original (which I was and am) and just went in a different direction. It looked fantastic for the time, but none of the courses seemed as memorable or as well constructed as the originals and they had an actual turbo button, which felt real odd. I know the original had a 5 stage speed up thing for passing buoys but it's not the same. The storms were mighty impressive though, just felt very disappointing compared to WaveRace 64 which is really tight, and relatively realistic.

Are you guys going to be tackling this classic at any point?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
55DSL

Appears to be a clothing brand owned by Diesel

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you do end up with a DC there's this one as well:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Airblade because I have a feeling that it's a repurposing of what Criterion did for the dreamcast launch title Trickstyle!

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think sega extreme sports does just that

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
When are you guys doing multi-player California Games on the Genesis ?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
this game is so loving bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think you sound like Jason Mewes blanktester

• Locked thread