Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant
A very good film let down by certain aspects.

The upps:
Nolan's film seems to build on the previous good/evil human nature themes with a discussion of negative and positive liberty set against soviet russia/revolutionary france visuals and i found it very interesting - A kind of pastiche that seems to work very well.
Characters were done very well. Bane was excellent.

The downs:
Flow of the film struggles with how epic it tries to be. Characters seem to zip around.
Some exposition on how characters show up in the nick of time would have helped.
There seem to be problems related to thematic imagery being too intrusive and conflicting with age rating - as other people have mentioned the ww1 style battle scenes seem a little jaring(very few onscreen deaths.
No joker cameo(difficult to pull off without being too insensitive i guess)

I'd give it a 4/5. Not quite up to dark knight, and certainly not a flop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU