Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The instructor I had told us a story of a Japanese house wife some navy guy came home with. He, essentially, ordered her to take the course so she could ride a scooter and get groceries. Her first time on the scooter, she got up to about 10mph, decided "gently caress this poo poo" and just stepped off. The scooter went off the tarmac and down a hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Depending on where the course is, you might be able to go back and do a lot of the stuff solo, too. My course took place next to a fly-in community on a big slab of tarmac that folks formerly parked their planes on. The guy who ran the entire course said we could come back any time and use it. "It might piss off the people who live here, but I own it, so screw 'em." The real upside was that he had painted a bunch of the maneuvers on the tarmac.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
As usual, I'm going to suggest the V-Star 250 as a beginning bike for tall riders. I'm barely 6' and loved the fit. Plenty of power for highway speeds and acceleration. They finally but better bars on it too.

• Locked thread