Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008
I ended up having to attempt my MOD1 (off road portion of the UK test) twice due to my own stupidity.

I got stuck in some horrific traffic in my car on the way to the place I was doing the training (2wheelskool in Bradford) so instead of riding the bike I'd been practicing on to the test centre I'd had to bomb down there in the car.

Arriving barely in time for my test I hopped on to another guys bike he'd kindly lent me and not had chance to feel the clutch out. The first part of the MOD1 is the slalom between a bunch of cones. Needless to say I dumped the clutch like an idiot and screwed up my entry to the first set of cones forcing me to turn tighter and tighter until I eventually ended up losing my balance and had to put a foot down - instant fail but they make you finish :(

For the rest of the test I didn't pick up a single fault and set the fastest speed they'd seen through the speed trap during the avoidance, 94kph!

Next time I passed without a single fault :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

If it's safe. I don't wave if the traffic situation is complex, and I don't feel snubbed when a guy on a bike in traffic fails to wave back, because I know that he also is dealing with at most a second or two of buffer zone and needs all the reaction time he has.

People tend to nod rather than wave over here for some reason. I almost learnt the valuable lesson of not doing this when turning the hard way. Poor guy coming the other way probably thought I was actively trying to take him out!

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008
Me three. For some odd reason it was reading the crash thread that made me want to try my hand at it.

Mainly because it made me realise that falling off a bike isn't actually a death sentence :)

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008

Z3n posted:

Sounds like you guys were caught in some bureaucratic fallout during a changeover and the guys failed you all to prove the system needed to change.

This sounds a lot like the truth. I can't imagine the instructors not having any leeway in explaining sections of the test.

• Locked thread