Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Excellent thread. I asked this in the gear thread a few days back, might as well ask here—what do I wear for a top during the classes? People said they pretty much just wore longsleeve shirts. I was thinking a denim jacket. How about gloves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Can anyone around the sf/bay area recommend an msf place they had a good experience with?

I think I'm going to have a bit of trouble getting all the hand and foot operations in order properly. I mean, clutch, shift, throttle, brake, all in well timed sequence sounds difficult to me. Did anyone else have this problem?

An observer fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 20, 2012

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

It's all muscle memory once you've been riding more than about 30 minutes. The MSF instructors and exercises, in my experience, are really good at introducing new things in very small steps, so you're only really conscious of adding one or two new actions at a time.

That's a relief! Thanks.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

Here is my Ridiculous MSF Getup

The only thing that I feel is iffy are the jeans, they're not very heavy duty (straight up everyday skinny jeans). What are my chances of getting turned away if I wear those? Fuckin Dickies don't even make jeans in my size man

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

Thanks for the replies peeps! :toot:

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I'm sure they've seen worse than a Canadian tuxedo.

A canadian tux is only when both the pieces are the same color.

• Locked thread