Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I'm signed up for my BRC on May 9th. I'm pretty excited as I really want my license. I told my wife she should stop by and take a picture of my 6'6" rear end on those tiny bikes. I already picked up a bike and have done a little bit of practice on with my brother, a KLR650. That thing is so tall, it's going to be quite a shock to be on something so tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
Took and completed the MSF BRC this past weekend. Was stuck riding a lovely Kymco Venox. Holy crap it sucked. Wanted to stall just sitting with the clutch pulled in and shifting to second gear usually required me to kick the shifter a few times.

I blame the bike on my practical score of 10.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
This, exactly. Highway riding is actually pretty boring. Yeah, going 60-70 MPH is kinda neat, but just going straight forever while your head gets beat up with wind buffeting gets old. I was scared shitless to do it for the first time; it goes away quickly.

• Locked thread