Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Finally got time off work and signed up for the MSF course this weekend at my local college. Paid the $200 and got everything I was told I'll need (boots that cover ankles, gloves, etc). Nervous but excited. Main purpose is to see whether motorcycles are for me; hoping they're as fun as they look.

Had three dumb questions:
1. If you drop your motorcycle even once, you fail, right? Are there other automatic fails? I'm terrified of dropping it through I don't really think I will (I'm small and weak!).
2. I assume you learn how to shift and whatnot, but do you ever go fast enough to need to during the two-days? Also do you ever leave the parking lot? I doubt it cause insurance reasons but figure I'd ask.
3. It's 6-8 hours over two days right? Do we break for lunch or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Just got back a couple hours ago. Got pulled aside after a few riding exercises because I can't balance well enough. Disappointed in myself but not terribly down. I just learned how to ride a bicycle earlier this year and had to take a ton of extra gym classes when I was little cause I couldn't walk right. Basically I'm an autistic gently caress, but I don't think this is the end. Just gonna have to get a car for now and work on balancing in the meantime. What I'm most upset about is how fun it is when you've got some speed but what can you do. Thanks everyone for the info and whatnot.

• Locked thread