Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smokewagon
Jul 3, 2012

Skreemer posted:

The worst for me was one guy going through the course did everything just about textbook perfect. Followed my instructions, asked good questions, and steadily improved the entire weekend. During the "skills evaluation" (the test) he did the double u-turn spot on and came out of the "box" switched up to second and proceeded towards the swerve area at about 25mph, way too fast. He actually made the swerve but when he straightened out he locked the rear brake and dropped the bike. I was stunned and drat near heart broken. Picked him up, cleaned him up and he was able to take the test again a few days later and pass.

There was a woman in my class who had about the thing happen to her. She was very intelligent, asked good question learned quick and did very well in practice (Better than most of us). She went into that curve too fast but made it through and ended up locking the bike up and dropping it in the straight. I think the instructor was more shocked than any of us. I know she was going to re-take, but I never heard if she made it or not, I'm fairly sure she did though.

Also, I can't reccomend the MSF course enough. I took it after an 8 year hiatus from riding, before which I had been riding over 15+ years. I learned plenty, and plan on taking the advanced class next year.

Smokewagon fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread