Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

rockcity posted:

I did pretty well at most of the skills, but the one thing I'm still having the occasional problem with is stalling out when getting moving from a stop. I think I'm just coming off the clutch a bit too fast. At first it was because I wasn't giving enough throttle when letting off the clutch, but now I think I'm just coming off a bit quick. Aside from that I think my skills lessons went pretty well. In general I think I just need to get used to the clutch and gear shifting. I haven't driven a manual car in probably a decade so I'm still getting the touch for it.

I'm currently in the middle of my first day and having a similar problem with stalling out from a start, and I've been driving manual cars for close to 20 years, so it's definitely not just you. I'm starting to give it more throttle before I even start releasing the clutch at all and that seems to be helping with the stalling, but I still kill it every once in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

rockcity posted:

Oh I can attest to that as I just took it three weeks ago in Orlando. It was goddamn miserable, mostly given the fact that I don't have any jackets that breathe at all. A couple people had armored mesh jackets that they said help a lot.

:laugh: Jackets? Who said anything about jackets? Wear your thinnest, lightest, most breathable long sleeve shirt. I wore an old silk button up dress shirt that was missing a button when I took my class a few weeks ago. You don't need to wear a jacket for the BRC.

• Locked thread