Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Jabs posted:

I'm actually really super pissed at the school my sweetie went to for her MSF here in Denver - especially when I compare the experience she described to the experience I had at a different school just up the road in Erie. She went in a little unprepared, having not been on a bicycle in perhaps 15 years, but totally stoked about getting a bike and riding with me. She was looking at a TW200, and the school was recommended as having a TON of TW200s. They put her on a TU250, said it was too tall. Put her on a TW200. It was shorter (narrower), but still "too tall" (she said she felt comfortable, but being honest was still on the balls of her feet, and not flat footed). Then they put her on an Eliminator 125. Which she dumped turning it around after the duckwalk. They cut her at that point, and recommended a reschedule.
She went back with enthusiasm to a smaller Wednesday course, where she dumped the E125 again, another unspecified bike, and the scooter. The instructor's parting shot was that she should probably get used to the idea of being the passenger on the back. :argh:

Now she can't even sit on a bike (motor or pedal) without nearly bursting into tears. I'm furious and heartbroken at the same time.

Any suggestions on stepping stones back to enthusiasm?

If its been 15 years since she's been on a bike why not purchase a cheap bicycle to practice balance while moving. Hell maybe even look for a non running clunker to practice just walking around on, dump it as many times as you like. That might help build confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread