Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Schizotek posted:

A good metal show in Florida? The world really is ending in December.

Finally, it's been far too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Diet Poison posted:

God fuckin gently caress yes. Devin's Canadian enough to not skip over Saskatoon.

I hope he plays Ih-Ah. Don't even give a poo poo if he's here with The Heaviest Band In The Universe. He should still play Ih-Ah.

I'm pretty excited that he's coming to Saskatoon, even if it is on a Wednesday and I have to drive there from Regina!

Can't wait to see Retinal Circus - bought the streaming "ticket" already!

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

^ ^ ^ ^ Hey there fellow Regina Devin Townsend fan who's pumped for Retinal Circus!

Just bought a ticket to the online stream.. so excited!! It'd be nice to see it in blu-ray quality the first time instead of stream quality, but on the other hand being able to experience it as it happens probably something I'll never forget.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
15 minute break, show rocks. Totally worth 10bux

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
SIKE! :stare:

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I am very sad that I had to miss this... I hope they sell high quality digital versions of the stream soon.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Livestream was awesome. Anyone know who that black metal dude was singing planet smasher? It's driving me crazy not knowing.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Holy poo poo, just got home from the show; I never thought I would ever see Detox and Love from SYL live, it was awesome. Planet Smasher was a treat, as was Vampira.

I don't know if you stream guys noticed, but the Steve Vrai vids were way out of sync, and all vocals were quite drowned out; It was still awesome. Out of all the shows I have seen from him, Devin was the most subdued I've ever seen him, he barely spoke to the crowd, spouting his usual hilarity but it was still fun.

There were loads of monkey people and a giant vagina, not to mention fire jugglers and aliens. An awesome metal-musical.

henpod fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 28, 2012

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
The livestream was incredible. That was an amazing concert, holy poo poo! Anneke was fantastic, we got to hear Planet Smasher, Vampira, Juular, Detox, and Love. Wow! Definitely going to get the blu-ray when it comes out.

The giant vagina was hilarious. I love how they worked Babysong into the act using it :) also those pole dancing chicks were...very limber indeed.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

I can't believe I completely forgot and missed this. Glad to hear he's rotating in the odd SYL song every now and then and his choice of songs (Detox specifically) means that a blu-ray copy is going to be pre-ordered as soon as I can do so.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Goobish posted:

Livestream was awesome. Anyone know who that black metal dude was singing planet smasher? It's driving me crazy not knowing.

I'm extremely happy to hear this song was played, and I'd guess Devin would save on number of guests if possible and since they played Juular I'd wager another guess that it was Ihsahn singing on both.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Missed him last time as Devin is one of the band's both the wife and i love and since we have a baby, i had babysitting duty (so i got to go to anthrax and testament). I won the coin toss this time! Man i remember seeing Devin a decade or so ago with children of Bodom and black label society...great times! I will definitely be getting Devin a coffee at this show!

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I couldn't get the website to load around the time of the concert, so I didn't get to see it. Looking forward to the DVD release. Glad to hear some SYL made it out again.

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009
Yeah, last night was pretty drat special in person. Here's hoping he does more shows like this in the future!

Fluffy the Cat
Jun 1, 2000
Got to see the show in person while visiting London, despite the technical difficulties and out of sync videos it was still an awesome show, really great to hear him perform some of his SYL material as well.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
ARRG! I can't believe I forgot the livestream! Is there a recorded version available to buy?

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Revol posted:

ARRG! I can't believe I forgot the livestream! Is there a recorded version available to buy?

DVD/Blu ray coming in 2013

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Olibu posted:

I'm extremely happy to hear this song was played, and I'd guess Devin would save on number of guests if possible and since they played Juular I'd wager another guess that it was Ihsahn singing on both.

Turns out it was some dude named Dom Lawson. He has a band called Metal Hammer, I think. I've never heard of him but goddamn did he do a good job at Planet Smasher. Soooo good.

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Goobish posted:

Turns out it was some dude named Dom Lawson. He has a band called Metal Hammer, I think. I've never heard of him but goddamn did he do a good job at Planet Smasher. Soooo good.

Metal Hammer's a (terrible) magazine, he's the editor. He was pretty loving good on Planet Smasher though, I'll give him that.

Retinal Circus was amazing, as lame as it sounds I've been walking around in a happy little cloud ever since. Basically the perfect gig.

Also, the crowd reaction to Jed coming out and the start of Detox was jaw dropping. I've never seen a whole crowd go from standing still to full-on moshpit so quickly, it was like flipping a switch.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Reading about that amazing Retinal Circus gig almost makes me sad that Devin only played 11 songs in Hamburg yesterday. No dancers, no choirs, no Anneke. Still one of the best gigs I've ever seen, amazing setlist, I hope there is a proper concert in Germany in the near future.
Now I wait for Meshuggah. Three weeks. gently caress yeah.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

sicDaniel posted:

Reading about that amazing Retinal Circus gig almost makes me sad that Devin only played 11 songs in Hamburg yesterday. No dancers, no choirs, no Anneke. Still one of the best gigs I've ever seen, amazing setlist, I hope there is a proper concert in Germany in the near future.
Now I wait for Meshuggah. Three weeks. gently caress yeah.

Aw, you poor thing, with your Devin and Meshuggah shows in the span of less than a month. I've yet to see Meshuggah. :(

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Revol posted:

I've yet to see Meshuggah. :(

Technically you have since everyone has ripped them off. =]

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Revol posted:

Aw, you poor thing, with your Devin and Meshuggah shows in the span of less than a month. I've yet to see Meshuggah. :(

Meshuggah supported Devin Townsend in Australia.

T'was pretty sweet :)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I caught Meshuggah opening for Tool way back when---acoustics were horrible in the venue, so it just came off as a wall of noise to my friends to whom I was trying to explain how awesome these guys were.

Sadly, I don't think I'm going to be able to make this next leg of Dev's tour, though it'd be massive to see Gojira.

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

He͔̻̖͕ ͕͈̺͕̜c̯̜͇̲o̜͖̦m͙es͔̞̬̗͙.̥

Allen Wren posted:

I caught Meshuggah opening for Tool way back when---acoustics were horrible in the venue, so it just came off as a wall of noise to my friends to whom I was trying to explain how awesome these guys were.

Sadly, I don't think I'm going to be able to make this next leg of Dev's tour, though it'd be massive to see Gojira.

I saw the same concert (In a different venue most likely), was a pretty stellar show... aside from Tool's guitarist getting sick halfway through the set.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Daaaang. Sick and on stage is no way to go through life.

Upon further recollection, I appear to have zero luck with Tool shows in terms of acoustics. My friends all hated me after I talked up the opener the time we saw them before that---Fantomas. Giant concrete box arena, wall of noise, displeased friends.

(Meshuggah + Fantomas = band not quite entirely unlike Devy? Back on topic!)

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Gentlemen, stop what you're doing and watch the finally released FAN-CONTENT music video for Lucky Animals!
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/devin-townsend-lucky-animals-video-premiere/

It's everything I expected. Minus the furries, did not cross my mind that they'd latch on but alas.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Drunk Canuck posted:

Gentlemen, stop what you're doing and watch the finally released FAN-CONTENT music video for Lucky Animals!

It's everything I expected. Minus the furries, did not cross my mind that they'd latch on but alas.

Holy poo poo I'm like the most normal Devin fan in the world?!

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Drunk Canuck posted:

Oh GOD the furries :cry: I've been trying to get my boyfriend to enjoy Devin as much as I do, but now he has even more freakin' ammunition to make fun of Devin. It used to just be, "All of Devin's fans are insane," and now it's, "All of Devin's fans are furries and insane." :doh:

Maute
Jan 15, 2009

Drunk Canuck posted:

Did anyone else submit something for this? My piece is the cat/mouse pixel movie at around 2:37 (the colors weren't all inverted when I submitted it, but hey, still looks good to me).

Wartooth
May 31, 2011

Drunk Canuck posted:

The red mask dude is loving rad. Could be the official video all by himself. His submission is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMxBYz97DL4

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That was art.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That is loving badass.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Mask guy loving owns

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I'm going to cling on to the hope that Devin doesn't know what furries are and thought that people were just being goofy.

Here is an awesome rendition of New York New York from Mr. Townsend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4KTO6S0tg

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

henpod posted:

I'm going to cling on to the hope that Devin doesn't know what furries are and thought that people were just being goofy.

Here is an awesome rendition of New York New York from Mr. Townsend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN4KTO6S0tg

Devin is a furry. How does that make you feel?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
It depends what he is dressing up as I guess. I think he would made a good turtle.

Edit - or worm.

henpod fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 17, 2012

Goobish
May 31, 2011

henpod posted:

It depends what he is dressing up as I guess. I think he would made a good turtle.

His head definitely looks retractable.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For some reason they are selling Epicloud Glassware. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I do want to support The Dev, but a beer glass for £32...

• Locked thread