Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Always glad to see a new Stolen Babies fan. I've been listening to them for years now. They're also super nice people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I really actually don't want Devin to do anything for awhile. I love his work but I also don't want the dude to burn the gently caress out. He's seemed so thoroughly run down and exhausted lately. I think that he might keep working because it is, to put it in the lamest way possible, his anti-drug, and he fears doing nothing will lead him back to old habits, but this route seems to just be leading towards trouble as well really.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I still really can't get into Sky Blue honestly :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I pity the fool that don't like War Princess :colbert:

I do agree that CoC is way better than either part of Z2 though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I've seen him three times (four if you include SYL) and I also really wish he'd bring Anneke over. Ah well, at least I got to see The Gathering before she left.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sweet. I've been wanting to see BtB&M

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You take that back :colbert:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Devin Townsend Thread: Bars Closed Boys! I'm an Artist!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I keep putting off buying mine and no one else will go with me but I'll probably hopefully get my poo poo together and see him. I've always wanted to se BtBaM as well.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I hate you. The only time I've ever seen Anneke is when I saw The Gathering years back.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, I was so gonna go see him tonight but yesterday I was sick as hell and I'm feeling sort of better today but I'm not sure my body could actually handle this experience tonight. I didn't buy my ticket ahead if time so I wouldn't lose out in that way but I've been arguing the pros and cons all day and if I liked the new album more this would be an easier decision but as it is and looking at the set list he's been playing it would be awesome but not really anything I haven't seen.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That video is pretty okay, but it's no this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMe8dUDgJ8c

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

quote:

"[Vai] had - I think he would admit that as well - certain aspects of controlling that ended up backfiring on him.

"And there were certain aspects of my inability to articulate my discontent that resulted in me taking a dump in his guitar case. I had a hard time articulating myself! So you gotta go... I was like, 'I... you... you... aaahhhhh'"

Devy added: "Here's the best example of that: we did The Tonight Show. Management at this time was this really famous dude who did not get me. So we did The Tonight Show and the day before they put me in this thing where I'm supposed to rehearse all these moves, the whole lead singer poo poo.

"They had me looking at pictures of Axl Rose and I'm going, '... I hate this.' They spent a bunch of money to give me these big fake dreadlocks and whatever was hip at the time.

"So the day before The Tonight Show, me and my buddy Mark who's still one of my best friends - we shaved all of my hair. I shaved my eyebrows, I went to Walmart and got a pair of gray shorts and wrote my buddies' names all over myself - arms and everything."

Focusing on how he got to the backstage with the band and his buddy Mark, Devin added: "We were like, 'These guys suck. This sucks.' And Steve's in a lovely mood and Jay Leno's like, *funny voice* 'How you doin' kid?' So Mark's like, 'We should gently caress with them.'

"So we went into the backroom, there's an office there, a green room, a phone and all this stuff. So we locked the door, I took all my clothes off and started doing all these poses and Mark's like, 'You should stick that phone up your rear end.' So I did and we took a photo and it's online.

"If you look up online 'Devin Townsend phone in rear end,' it's a picture of me in the back room of The Tonight Show with a phone up my rear end. //it's not there, unfortunately :( // We thought it was funny!

"So we left, thinking nothing of it. We went to Jay Leno's desk, taking pictures mooning... Anyway, next morning, phone rings, management was like, 'What, in the gently caress, were you guys doing?!'

"And I was like, 'We played the show? What?' He's like, 'I can't believe you did that! Did you stick the phone up your rear end? Why would you do that?' I was like, 'No, I didn't,' but they had it on camera. 'They've got all these images of you with a phone up your rear end and now we can't come back!'

"So we went on tour after that, Steve by this point was thoroughly confused with my guitar pick saying, 'Don't use Jay's phone.'"

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new..._up_my_ass.html

• Locked thread