Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've been on a big Devin kick lately. I've got Deconstruct, Addicted, Ziltoid, and Epicloud. What should I pick up next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Thanks for the replies! From what I've heard I may check out Ocean Machine. Also I haven't heard anyone mention Synchestra. What is the consensus on that album?

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

That's going to be amazing! Any word on a release date?

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Optimum Gulps posted:

I don't know how many of you are on Dime-a-Dozen, but a couple members have started to upload audience recordings of Steve Vai shows from the Sex & Religion tour (some FLAC, some PAL DVDs)...definitely worth checking out to hear/see Devin in his earliest days, the disillusionment of which led to Strapping Young Lad.

So what exactly was the story behind Devin starting Strapping Young Lad? Did he have some kind of falling out with Steve Vai? Or was it just the music industry as a whole?

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Cool! Devin has the same headphones as me.

Sounds like it was in the same vein as Epicloud, which is always a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

I've been enjoying listening to both albums this week, but if I had to choose one I'd probably go with Dark Matters.

One little gripe: Is it just me or does it sound like the vocals could have been turned up just a notch on both albums? I'm having a real hard time hearing the lyrics through all of the stuff that's going on in the tracks.

• Locked thread