Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Some of my friends worship Devin. I have a few of his albums and they're enjoyable but I feel like SYL's City is the best thing he's ever done. It's got his signature style without all the goofy monkeycheese bullshit that's on stuff like Deconstruction. Addicted and Ghost are both pretty sweet though, I'll give him that. I'm going to see him on that September tour but I admit I'm mostly going for Katatonia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

:stare:

How does anyone keep all this poo poo straight? Devin fans scare me.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

AzureSkys posted:

I was hoping for an SYL song, too. I wonder how he feels about that side of his music. If I had the chance to go to a VIP deal again I would like to ask if he wants to put that music to rest, or if he'll ever play any of the songs again. It seems like something he's wanted to separate himself from.

I didn't care much for it until a few years ago and now SYL or Alien are very frequently on my playlist. I regret being so clueless when I saw him for the first time in SYL.

I saw him last week and someone shouted for Wrong Side in between songs and he said something to the effect of "I love Strapping, but I don't want to do that anymore! I wanna do this now!"

He was good but I was more interested in Katatonia who killed it.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Accelerated Evolution is also good in that vein, and is my favorite Devin thing, next to City and parts of Alien.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

jonathan posted:

Question: Where the hell is that bass tone coming from on the Alien album ? Seems to hit too low to be a real instrument but perhaps it's from the bass guitar ? Then again I've heard it also on Fear Factory's "Tyrant" song. Don't they share a bass player ?

Combination of the bass tuned down past the point of coherence, Devin not really giving a poo poo about bass in his productions and Devin discovering the magic of the bass drop on that record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

Revol posted:

Aw, gently caress, I didn't realize he's sharing the headline again? This happened on the last tour, when I saw him in St. Pete, I left early because Gojira was the headline. I love Animals As Leaders (already saw them one with Meshuggah), but I really want that Devin headline.

Just found this link, it notes each date that DTP headlines. Which includes Atlanta. Booyah! Driving up from Tampa, took Monday and Tuesday off, booked hotel for Monday night, let's do this poo poo.

You left before Gojira? You dumb, son.

• Locked thread