Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goobish
May 31, 2011

Hammer Floyd posted:

I didn't know it was possible to hate Ih-Ah.

In other news: Grace is probably the best song off Epicloud. If somebody wants to know what Epicloud is, I'll get them to listen to Grace. Goddamn that song is loving awesome.

I have a new habit of listening to Stand and then Grace. Goddamnit they are so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Livestream was awesome. Anyone know who that black metal dude was singing planet smasher? It's driving me crazy not knowing.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Olibu posted:

I'm extremely happy to hear this song was played, and I'd guess Devin would save on number of guests if possible and since they played Juular I'd wager another guess that it was Ihsahn singing on both.

Turns out it was some dude named Dom Lawson. He has a band called Metal Hammer, I think. I've never heard of him but goddamn did he do a good job at Planet Smasher. Soooo good.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Drunk Canuck posted:

Gentlemen, stop what you're doing and watch the finally released FAN-CONTENT music video for Lucky Animals!
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/devin-townsend-lucky-animals-video-premiere/

It's everything I expected. Minus the furries, did not cross my mind that they'd latch on but alas.

Oh GOD the furries :cry: I've been trying to get my boyfriend to enjoy Devin as much as I do, but now he has even more freakin' ammunition to make fun of Devin. It used to just be, "All of Devin's fans are insane," and now it's, "All of Devin's fans are furries and insane." :doh:

Goobish
May 31, 2011

henpod posted:

It depends what he is dressing up as I guess. I think he would made a good turtle.

His head definitely looks retractable.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

My favorite SYL has always been The New Black. It just seems more audible than all their other albums to me. It's what really got me started on Devin. Am I correct in that he starts his opera-like singing in that album, or am I missing it showing up in one of the previous albums? I admittedly can only listen to a few songs from Alien and City without my brain hemorrhaging.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Niiiiice! I can't wait! Ziltoid 2 being recorded is better than christmas. Ziltoid is my favorite album, and I was so worried he wasn't going to expand on it. I forget where I read it, but I recall him saying something like he'd never do another ziltoid album because comedy and heavy metal don't mix. I couldn't disagree more. It's pretty much the best combination. And I'm so glad he changed his mind.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

spookygonk posted:

Can't believe I forgot to buy a ticket for his Royal Albert Hall show, it's 2 days before my birthday. Would have been such a treat for myself. :mad:

If you want to feel better or compete with sob stories, I missed a loving VIP meet and greet with Devin when he played in Chicago. Thanks to my dad having medical emergencies (that could have been prevented if he gave a poo poo about his health), and I got to play nurse 24/7 for god knows how long. I live like 5 hours away from Chicago, so yeah I was pretty loving pissed for awhile. And I'm like 80% positive I was going to be proposed to by my bf at that show. Just to add more anger and resentment.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

spookygonk posted:

This wasn't meant to be a contest, but you win.

Haha, yeah "winning" that contest sucks. I was so upset I couldn't even listen to Dark Matters until just recently. I'm starting to be less emo about it. :emo: And holy poo poo Z2 is loving amazing and all y'all saying Casualties of Cool is better, well, I wish Queen Blattaria's wrath upon you, ya Poozers.

Sky Blue has some great tracks too, but I am obsessed with the War Princess and hope to loving god that there will be a Z3 with Queen Blattaria and Ziltoid squaring off. Or I just hope Devin works more with whoever did Blattaria's vocals. Has he worked with her before? I used to love Anneke but if Dev has or does more material with the war princess chick (too lazy to look up her name) then I'll have my new favorite female vocalist for Devin.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

AzureSkys posted:

He toured with her band, Stolen Babies, back in 2012, I think? She filled in a few songs, notably Colonial Boy and I imagine he built Queen B the War P for her. I love her part, too, and Devin has a great knack for finding unique talent and fitting it in to an interesting place. I think Decon was a testing ground for both orchestra work and guest roles into what he seems to be enjoying the most these days for writing more beyond guitars and playing less.

I haven't caught up in the thread, but I want to thank you, goon to goon, for giving me my new favorite band, Stolen Babies. I mean, she still doesn't top Dev for me, but holy poo poo I'm listening to one of her albums and my mind is being blown. Which I enjoy.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Always glad to see a new Stolen Babies fan. I've been listening to them for years now. They're also super nice people.

The woman is insane and I love it. I definitely hope Devin works with her more. Is Z3 wishful thinking? I mean Ziltoid and the War Princess were sucked through a hairy wormhole and ended up on a desolate planet together... with only one bag of coffee!!! So I just really hope it's happening. After Devin takes a break for awhile, though, gently caress the man never stops going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Yannos posted:

Is your girlfriend or wife called Jane?
Does she have a birthday on the 27th of January?

If so, then feel free to use my totally rad "Custom Devin Townsend Birthday Song" next time she has a birthday :)
https://soundcloud.com/yannick-janssens-6/devin-townsend-happy-birthday-jane

Had to sit for a loooong time on that one before I could reveal my surprise...

Well that is my mom's birthday, and her name happens to be Jane. So That is pretty crazy man. No one cares but Devin.

• Locked thread