Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

God drat that setlist. With the sheer volume of material he has, it's good to see that he's still willing to play the older stuff. Gonna have to play with the budget and see if I can get to either the Philly or NYC show in two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Drunk Canuck posted:

Gojira, Devin Townsend, and The Atlas Moth Announce North American Tour
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/10/22/gojira-devin-townsend-and-the-atlas-moth-announce-north-american-tour/

:stare:

Holy moley, this is pretty much the best news.

Good god yes. Definitely makes up for missing Devin on his last round of touring since I've been wanting to see Gojira for a few years now.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

I can't believe I completely forgot and missed this. Glad to hear he's rotating in the odd SYL song every now and then and his choice of songs (Detox specifically) means that a blu-ray copy is going to be pre-ordered as soon as I can do so.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Consider Ki, as well, if you want to hear something different but not the complete opposite of Deconstruction that Ghost is. Also City or Alien (followed by just about any of the other three SYL discs). Gonna have to second Ocean Machine as a good pick that's also consistent from start to finish.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

So... Monday. Maybe. I know he's given a bunch of dates before, but I don't recall any of them being "next week-ish". Here's to hoping it's at least sometime this month.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

The Retinal Circus pre-order is finally up on CMDistro. CONSUME.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

spamman posted:

Having said this, my favourite SYL tracks are actually the two bonus tracks on Heavy as a really heavy thing. Japan and Monday. Really awesome if you can track them down.

They're available on iTunes, Amazon MP3, and through Spotify, so they're not too hard to find anymore if you're in the US. Glad someone pointed this out, because these two songs (and Centipede from the City re-release) were missing from my SYL playlist.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Devin Townsend is putting out a book. "This book is part manual and part diary. It’s a travelogue, a songbook, a celebration, elucidation and condemnation; it’s my story, told by me, for you."

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

AzureSkys posted:

Is the preorder only through the Omerch site or is there a North America option? I don't know if it would save much on shipping or make a difference. Tried searching a bit and checked the HD forum, but haven't had any luck.

Devin said on Twitter that there will be a North America pre-order starting "soon." I kinda want to say that Omerch almost always has a Devin pre-order available a few weeks before the NA pre-order.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

I will say this, though, so far in Sky Blue I have heard some musical nods/influences/coincidences to Faith No More and Killing Joke as well as some directions feeling like Peter Gabriel in scope and execution, some middle-eastern ideas also. SO far, to my mind that CD reminds me of Addicted crossed with Ocean Machine.

This CD cannot come soon enough. For what I'm into, this is looking like a good year for music releases and from what I'm hearing, this release is going to cement that fact.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

NA pre-order is up here. Give the crazy man your money.

Also:

a big fat bunny fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Jericho did a goddamn fine job as Captain Spectacular and it was starting to drive me nuts trying to figure out who that was. Of course, I should have been able to read the liner notes and figure it out myself (theoretically) if they bothered shipping my pre-order instead of me having to just grabbing a digital copy off of Amazon.

• Locked thread