Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Missed him last time as Devin is one of the band's both the wife and i love and since we have a baby, i had babysitting duty (so i got to go to anthrax and testament). I won the coin toss this time! Man i remember seeing Devin a decade or so ago with children of Bodom and black label society...great times! I will definitely be getting Devin a coffee at this show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Coming to earth

Coming to earth

Coming to earth ah-ah!

Overproduced and muddy but still...it's Ziltoid man!

So happy even if its underwhelming me compared to the original!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

So guess who had to give away Devin tickets to take care of a sick child and sick wife?

<------------ this guy

:(

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Whats sad about Sickfest 2014 in the stab household, is that my wife is probably a bigger Devin fan that I. I introduced her to S.Y.L (while she was trying to convince me that Hypocrisy was a good band), and one of our first concerts/dates (memory is a little fuzzy, somebody confirm for me) was Devin/ children of bodom and B.L.S at the famous montreal shithole, Foufounes Electriques.

My brother sent me some videos of the show he took (he was the lucky recipient of the tickets, which i havent seen yet since I've been cleaning toddler puke all night :(

Did i mention this show sold out on the first day of sales too?

Sure, I've seen Devin six or seven times, but missing this one hurts :(

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Varg posted:

I'm going to the show in NYC on Saturday.. the printable tickets have Animals As Leaders as the larger headline text.. please say this isn't true

It is. :(

stab
Feb 12, 2003

axleblaze posted:

Oh wait so Devin is playing first on the tour our is that just in some dates?

He opened in montreal. Dont know for the other dates tbh

stab
Feb 12, 2003

why can't I find regular tickets for the tour, why is every ticket 140 bucks ffs. is regular tickets even available yet?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Chewybiteems posted:

general admission goes on sale 5/20. I would like to add that I can barely put into words how stoked I am about it.

Lets aee if my wife and kid can stay out of the hospital this time!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

il_cornuto posted:

Guys I think Devin got the discs the wrong way round.

Disc 1 has some great songs but sounds like an unreleased song collection bonus disc, disc 2 is a cohesive album I'd say sounds like if SYL recorded Addicted 2 - snarlier, heavier but still full of energetic pop hooks and fun electronics. Disc 2 is a straight up return to form, top tier Devin Townsend album.

Been listening to the "demos" on Disc 2.

They are miles better than some of the stuff on Disc 1 idgi

stab
Feb 12, 2003

So yeah im front row for devin

No live posting sorry krew

Im back i survived

Hell of a lot happier than he was in new york

Wife got a pick so shes happy

So for the 8th or 9th time I've seen Devin (first time i saw him was for the Infinity tour shut up and get off my lawn), he delivered..but yeah song selection made me slightly sad

stab fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm at the Columbus show. I am not metal enough to get into Fallujah. No idea if I'll be into Between the Buried and Me. I'm just here for Devy.

First act started an hour late. About 10 minutes after I got here with my buddy.

Btbam is essentially dream theater, savatage and a generic death metal singer appearing once and a while.

Take it for what it may

• Locked thread