Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
There's just so much going on in those tracks. Going to be an interesting one, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Maybe it's because I only heard the youtube version of Lucky Animals, but I really like it. The production on this album is loving massive. My favorite of the Quadrilogy was Addicted, and this is like Deconstruction and Addicted had a baby, so I'm way into it. The title is very very apt. I don't have time to listen to all of it right now, but I'm loving it so far. You've done it again, Devy. :)

Edit: Okay, finally listened to the whole album. Amazing. Kingdom is unbelievable. I think my favorites are Where We Belong, Kingdom, Grace, More!, and Angel. Really great stuff all around.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Sep 7, 2012

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I'm considering driving to Denver for the show tomorrow. Never seen Devin live, but it seems like just about the greatest time. I'm just not really that keen on most Katatonia stuff and they're headlining. Still, it's probably worth it. I can always leave after Devin's set.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Epiclouder is definitely a different animal, but I think it's got plenty of merit. There are a couple of not so great tracks, but as a whole I think it's really good. It's made even more awesome to think that these tracks are just leftovers. Quietus, The Mind Wasp, Whoa No!, Love and Marriage, and Socialization all kick rear end, and having five totally kickass songs on a ten track bonus album is good enough for me. The other five songs aren't even bad, they're just not as kickass as the five kickass ones. I think Happy Birthday and Love Tonight* are the only ones I don't really like.

Granted, it probably won't get as many listens as Epicloud, but for just being some demos, it's really impressive.

*Edit: Actually, gently caress that, Love Tonight is fantastic.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 20, 2012

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
drat. I'd have to drive like 400 miles for that, but it might be worth it.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That is loving badass.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That's pretty rad. "Crystal-clear colored vinyl" made me laugh. Clear is my favorite color.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Jesus, that is absolutely beautiful. Gives me a whole new appreciation of that song.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Zalgo posted:

Side note though: Anybody else notice the vein on the right side of Devin's head that's basically looks like it's about to burst?

I was wondering what was up with that. Looks too dark to be a vein, though. I thought maybe it was some makeup or something.

Ziltoid TV show could be really great.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Zalgo posted:

Retinal Circus pre-orders are live on the EU store.
http://www.omerch.eu/shop/devintownsend/products.php?cat=2288
The discs already confirmed as region free too.

Hah! Their website interpreted the CO in my address as Cornwall, not Colorado. It also says my zip code and country, so I'm sure they'll be able to figure it out. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to this sooo much.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Oh my, this is amazing.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Kumbamontu posted:

I absolutely lost it at his voiceovers during Mambo #5. Holy poo poo I am listening to every episode of this. That was a blast of an hour.

Seriously. Probably the most fun I've ever had listening to a radio show. I was a little skeptical of the idea when I first heard about it, but that's all gone now. It was also a perfect soundtrack for Saint's Row 4.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

GORDON posted:

Hey, so which, if any, Sirius/XM stations play Devin? I've never heard one.

Liquid Metal does it on occasion. I've heard More! on there a few times, and Deconstruction once.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
So loving awesome. Devy is a total goofball. Love it.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Yeah this album is fantastic. It's got a really interesting mix of very traditional sounds with that ethereal Devy reverb wash going on. Very cool stuff.

Edit: My god, Moon/Pier is so good. Love that cool subdivision thing in Pier.

Edit again: Ugh, it just keeps getting better. Only halfway through, and I have to leave now, but this is probably up there with my favorites of his work. Amazing.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 14, 2014

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Going to be so awesome. Goddamn.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Oh I'm so going to do that. Such a cool idea.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
UGH, I so badly want to go to that, but the closest show to me is in Seattle and it's on a Monday. Maybe I can get the following Tuesday off work...

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

jonathan posted:

https://imgur.com/uN1Q7kE

From the YT comments... who would have thought!

That is amazing.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
These albums are loving fantastic. Sky Blue is gorgeous and a great follow-up to Epicloud, and Dark Matters is just the right kind of crazy. I wasn't into Deathray when it was previewed, but it works great in context. Gonna be playing these a lot.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Zalgo posted:

drat the no dialogue version of Dark Matters is pretty much amazing.

Wandering Eye all loving day. Definitely my favorite track on the album.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Joining in on the love for the no dialogue version of Dark Matters. Have a feeling this is going to be my default way to listen to the album, so good.

Yeah, I really love it with the dialogue, but it would definitely get old to listen to it like that again and again, especially the narration. No dialogue is the way to go for repeat listens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Gojira loving own live. It's ridiculous.

• Locked thread