Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Awkward Davies have you received it yet? I'm not quite worried yet, but I'm hoping you'll see it very soon if you aren't out shooting it already :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I got it! I've actually been out of town for like a week, and it showed up like the day after I left. I don't think you ever posted/sent me the code to open the combo lock tho?

Edit: nvm I'm a dummy

Awkward Davies fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 22, 2012

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I have access to free shipping through work! I'd love to participate after whoever is last in line. I have PM or zach.spradlin @gmail.com for address. I'm in Cincinnati and I'm cool with shipping it international.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to propose a dropoff date of Tues Sept 4th. Who is this going to next? Someone in the city right?

I need a hard date so I actually shoot this loving roll and don't hog this thing any longer.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
nonanone, time to chime in here. That was the plan, as I recall.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Ah yay, yes I can pick it up that evening! Wherever is fine, though preferably Manhattan or Brooklyn. Feel free to PM me or whatever so we can get it sorted out.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Sorry for the delay everyone. I've been really really busy and haven't had time to finish this roll. I'm slowly working on it and I'm in touch with nonanone about the handoff. Hopefully it'll happen in the next week.

Sorry again for the delay.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Your punishment should be one photo that embarrasses you completely.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

This is awesome, and despite my total lack of photographic skill, I'm in. I bring heart. Heart and beer.

Chicago (60629) for me.

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I'll be in NYC next weekend and can do a meetup/swap.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Any news from NY? Photos? Wild stories? Tales of debauchery? Clandestine hand-offs?

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
And I still want it in Cincinnati whenever a slot opens.

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
If it makes it out to Japan I'd love a go.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Lon Lon Rabbit posted:

If it makes it out to Japan I'd love a go.

After me that is. I asked first. :P

(We could arrange a handover if you're im the general Tokyo area.)

Lon Lon Rabbit
Mar 27, 2006
Here comes a special boy!
Yep, sounds good.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Any news from NY? Photos? Wild stories? Tales of debauchery? Clandestine hand-offs?

Haven't gotten it yet but I do have some great ideas for photos! Hopefully it wont be too long now :)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Starting to hope it doesn't hit the Chicago area until around January now. We're about to enter the ugliest part of the year.. fall isn't very colorful here, and once the leaves are gone you got nothing but EVERYTHING IS DEAD until there's snow.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I'm sure it'll all be fine but please do let me know if someone's being a shitlord.

EDIT: I can't really probate or ban for stuff like this if someone steals the camera, but hot drat do I have some custom title skillz.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

xzzy posted:

Starting to hope it doesn't hit the Chicago area until around January now. We're about to enter the ugliest part of the year.. fall isn't very colorful here, and once the leaves are gone you got nothing but EVERYTHING IS DEAD until there's snow.

That actually sounds way more interesting to me than OOOOOH AUTUMN COLORS :circlefap:.

EDIT:

Also, is anyone keeping track of who's signed up for Photog(oon) 'round the World?

VoodooXT fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 17, 2012

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Not sure how I missed this thread until now. If the camera makes it back to Ontario, I'd be down to shoot a roll.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

VoodooXT posted:

That actually sounds way more interesting to me than OOOOOH AUTUMN COLORS :circlefap:.

Maybe some people like it, not me. I grew up in the west where the hills are covered in evergreens, and the difference means late fall in the midwest feels pretty bland and depressing.

I like it just fine once the frosts start though.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'll shoot a roll when the camera makes it to the Vancouver area!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

VoodooXT posted:

Also, is anyone keeping track of who's signed up for Photog(oon) 'round the World?

I started this goonyness, I'll keep track of it. Basically, this thread serves as the big ol' list o' "I'm in". And I'll take SoundMonkey up on the custom titles offer should it become necessary. It's not necessary, as far as I can tell, yet. We had similar kinds of whoops-my-life-got-crazy-sorry-for-the-delays happen in the couple of print exchanges I've participated in. Judging from his avatar, my guess is Awkward Davies encountered some delays cleaning hipster blood off of the camera after he used it to bludgeon a few to death. Hopefully he got some pictures of the carnage.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

xzzy posted:

Maybe some people like it, not me. I grew up in the west where the hills are covered in evergreens, and the difference means late fall in the midwest feels pretty bland and depressing.

I like it just fine once the frosts start though.

I'm in the city city. I've always enjoyed the El during fall. Everything looks wistful. It's like living in a folk album that doesn't suck.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Yea I'm with Aliencowboy, us Canagoons want in on the fun too!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Santa is strapped posted:

Yea I'm with Aliencowboy, us Canagoons want in on the fun too!

The camera started in Canada. :colbert:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

If the camera ever reaches Europe, I'd like to take it for a spin. (Seconding "how did I miss this thread until now".) I'll probably be in Stockholm, Sweden, when it gets here.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

If this camera makes it's way by Wisconsin I'd shoot a roll.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

I am in Chicago and I would shoot a roll (sup chicagoons).

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003
I'm 10 minutes from Manhattan and also can get to many places throughout New Jersey. (Did you know we had countryside here?) I'm up for this if you want to include me! I'm very close to NYC otherwise, my local address in NJ would work fine as well.

I'll do some cool things! I have a few rolls of 35mm that are still good that I can use up!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Is there a list of where it's been and where it needs to go? Or is it a surprise when it shows up in the mail?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Well it's been sitting in new york for four weeks now and with no updates for a week and a half, so I'd say "surprise".

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Travels of the camera to date:
Start: Saskatoon, Canada
1st destination: New York

Next in line is nonanone, also in New York.

It will be up to whoever is holding the camera to make the final decision on where to send it, but I'd like it to make a complete lap around the globe at least once, and not endlessly circle within one country or region.

Several people have chimed in with generous offers to send it long distances, so lobbing it across an ocean fairly often shouldn't be a problem. Having said that, AIIAZNSK8ER, in Virginia (right?) has expressed the most enthusiasm for it, so I'm hoping it can go that way, after NY.

edit: four weeks isn't up to my annoyance threshold, but I have been able to determine Awkward Davies is still active on the forums, so apparently he's not dead.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I think it'd be cool to have a tumblr or something for people who have had the camera to post their images to. Maybe send the account/password info along with the camera?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'd be down with that. I'll put it out there: do we want a tumblr with an uninterrupted series of photos from this one camera, or do we want to keep the photos in this thread, where they will form islands of images surrounded by text-only posts?

The idea of critique in this thread, which was pivotal in the SAD vs. PAD mess from a few months ago, has only occurred to me now.

I invite your opinions on both issues.

\/\/\/ Good point. Showing off to friends is an enjoyable pasttime. Now we need a name for the tumblr (and several backup names in case the first choice is taken).

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 19, 2012

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Why not both? I just thought a tumblr would be cool so we could show our friends and say "hey look at this cool project I was a part of" and then our friends can say "cool man."

edit: AEround the Wor1d :angel:

burzum karaoke fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Sep 19, 2012

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Mannequin posted:

I'm 10 minutes from Manhattan and also can get to many places throughout New Jersey. (Did you know we had countryside here?) I'm up for this if you want to include me! I'm very close to NYC otherwise, my local address in NJ would work fine as well.

I'll do some cool things! I have a few rolls of 35mm that are still good that I can use up!

If it is heading to NJ I would love to contribute. I am in Hopewell Township and am about 30 minutes from Philly as well so have a few options in terms of a physical handoff. I promise I will not keep the camera for a long time as well - I have been shooting film more often lately on my own AE-1, so it would be cool to use someone else's.

nervana
Dec 9, 2010
koreagoon here. i dont have enough money lying around to spend on expensive international shipping, but i know some japangoons posted in here and my aunt goes to japan often for work, so if somebody could send the camera over just before the japangoons i could make it work :clint:

only in 2013 though :( i dont think i will have enough time before the year ends

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Sign me up for the european leg should it ever get here. Rotterdam, Netherlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

aliencowboy posted:

Why not both? I just thought a tumblr would be cool so we could show our friends and say "hey look at this cool project I was a part of" and then our friends can say "cool man."

edit: AEround the Wor1d :angel:

Yea I like the Tumblr idea. Maybe we can have a sister thread going on here, its own dedicated thread.

• Locked thread