Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

elgarbo posted:

I will take it in April.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Send it to me afterwards and I promise to take nothing but a roll of me pissing, one frame per event

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
piss in the camera

develop the film in piss

archival piss rinse

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

what the gently caress posted:

piss in the camera

develop the film in piss

archival piss rinse

someone please make a zine entitled "2 years in Australia" with the ~15 pictures that will come out of the camera in that time

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

someone please make a zine entitled "2 years in Australia" with the ~15 pictures that will come out of the camera in that time

Two Years in Australia - A study in liver damage and ute burnouts.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

camera has arrived at my house.

:toot:

8th-snype posted:

Two Years in Australia - A study in liver damage and ute burnouts.

Circle Work 1 by Martin Brummell, on Flickr

Combine the two at a state fair with a Circle Work competition and you can complete that little project in an afternoon.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I mean I could do it in an afternoon outside my front door if its wet enough for the commodores to come out.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

M8

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

not vb, 0/10

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

SoundMonkey posted:

not vb, 0/10

He's not from the mainland, thats best/worst he can do down there.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
as if you'd drink vb when 4x exists

both are really bad tho

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Emu Export is the rabbit piss equivalent from WA, easily worse than VB/XXXX.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Nuke Queensland

Nuke WA

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
http://jalopnik.com/australian-guy-fights-for-right-to-use-penis-doodle-as-1751570405?rev=1452182890109

:australia:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

probably the only accurate license in the whole country

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

how dare he impersonate our prime minister like this

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

as if you'd drink vb when 4x exists

both are really bad tho

Do Australians really drink 4X? I thought it was only produced as a practical joke on the rest of the world.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
A lot of Queenslanders drink it. Which speaks volumes about the kind of people they are.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yes

My dad used to employ a guy whod finish off 3 cans of it on the way to the bottle shop from his house, a kilometer away.

"Get on the piss" is literal.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

ship the auscam

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I think WTF has it down in Tassie and will shoot it when he's back, then send it off immediately.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I have it with me down in Antarctica atm. I'll forward it when I get home mid-late April m8

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

I have it with me down in Antarctica atm. I'll forward it when I get home mid-late April m8

MY AE-1 IS IN ANTARCTICA!?!?

I am pleased. Ecstatic, even.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Yeah... I ruined the first roll of film because I either spooled too much on when I loaded it or took too many snaps on it and pulled it out of the canister. Got plenty of rolls to shoot (it came with like 10 rolls of all sorts of weird films from deaders) so hopefully I'll get the hang of it soon It's actually really fun. I haven't used a 35mm film camera since high school.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Good turn of events imo.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Good!

don't get eaten by a penguin while you're down there

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Just noticed the new title. I like it, but I hope it's a lie.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
It will be a relief from the desolate scorched hellscape it's currently accustomed to

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

feigning interest posted:

It will be a relief from the desolate scorched hellscape it's currently accustomed to

a goon's house?

k-zed
Dec 1, 2008

Fallen Rib
i'd like to sign up for the queue (i'm in the netherlands - super boring compared to antarctica)

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
It will eventually return to Europe. Possibly this decade, but no promises.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I honestly forgot it went to Europe once already.

That was in what, 2013?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Yeah I had it in Scotland April/May 2013. I've moved country twice since, about on par with the camera.

Klogdor
Jul 17, 2007
I had it in Norway some time in.. 2013? I actually felt bad for having it so long here (two weeks, I think)

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to be added to the queue for the camera when it moves on again please. I'm in Kyiv but plan to travel around Ukraine a bit in the summer. I probably won't go near places where there are actual wars being fought, but places like Chornobyl and Lviv are very likely.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Helen Highwater posted:

I'd like to be added to the queue for the camera when it moves on again please. I'm in Kyiv but plan to travel around Ukraine a bit in the summer. I probably won't go near places where there are actual wars being fought, but places like Chornobyl and Lviv are very likely.

It's so cute you think it will be moving on by your summer travel.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Seriously. If you're going to make plans for this camera (don't make plans for this camera), make them for, like, summer 2018 or something. Unless you're physically standing next to WTF, doing unmentionable things to penguins, you're not going to see this camera for a looooooong time.

\/\/\/ I was worried you'd dropped out! Yes, please send it to Singapore!

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 13, 2016

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I'm still open to this if anyone wants to send it to SG after OZ.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
ill send it on to you, shippings probably not that bad from brisbane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
loving battery died on me after I ran one roll of film through it. Managed to get one roll off of us getting shipwrecked (literally) at Mawson station but didn't get a chance to get off the ship because we got loving shipwrecked so totes soz but there should be a couple of interesting shots no doubt from the blizzard/blizzard aftermath. Getting home early and we're not doing macquarie island because of this, so should be able to send the cam off to the next person in a couple of weeks. Maybe I could try again next summer.

• Locked thread