Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

I can take it after Awkward Davies since I'm in the same area (11221) I figure you can't have too much NYC anyways, and I don't mind paying the shipping costs to send out from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Yay! I get it second :D I'll try to get a really different feel from Awkward Davies, to showcase some of the variety here.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Ah yay, yes I can pick it up that evening! Wherever is fine, though preferably Manhattan or Brooklyn. Feel free to PM me or whatever so we can get it sorted out.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Any news from NY? Photos? Wild stories? Tales of debauchery? Clandestine hand-offs?

Haven't gotten it yet but I do have some great ideas for photos! Hopefully it wont be too long now :)

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Awkward Davies still has it, I'm supposed to be getting it tomorrow (fingers crossed), we are currently working out a handoff time. I think maybe then I'll see if I can mail to AIIAZNSK8ER, though I guess Mannequin is closer (jersey?), so maybe I can just hand it off somewhere if he can come into the city.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I'd like to get it after Mannequin or AIIAZNSK8ER, if possible.

Aren't you in the city too? If so I can hand it off to you after, since you'd then be the most local. There's a million different ways to show off NYC anyways, I'm sure it will all look very different.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

I do have the camera now, so when I'm finished (should be pretty soon, since I've got a couple days just to shoot this weekend) I'll arrange a clandestine awkward handoff with Dorkasaurus. Awkward Davies is very nice and I'm sure he'll have photos up for everyone much more quickly than he shot them. (hint hint)

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

I've finished up my roll and am currently working out how best to hand it off to dorkasauras. So the camera will soon be off on its next stage in its journey!

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Hurray! Any estimates on when we can see some pics?

Well I'm getting them developed tomorrow, so very soon I hope!

Mr. Despair posted:

Yes, now the camera can go to wonderful New York instead of being stuck in wonderful New York!

:yayclod:

No such thing as too much New York :colbert: I was trying to a do a "day in the life of" thing, and with only one roll I had to leave out a lot of stuff, including a random police motorcycle parade, multitudes of interesting people, entire neighborhoods, etc.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Photos! User #3, I suppose, technically skipping forward a little. I also did kind of a "day in the life of," trying to show off the variety of environments I pass by every day. The whole string of photos kind of follows the trip from Brooklyn to Manhattan, with various stops on the way for various errands. I chose black and white because I couldn't find any color 35mm. Good reason as any I suppose. Plus it's gritty and real or something.

I also had some frame overlap issues as you can see.

nonanone fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 2, 2012

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

At first I was horrified, but they turned out alright :D Fixed the crosswalk too.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Awesome. I'm working on getting the tumblr up and running now. Thanks very much, nonanone!

Did the handoff to dorkasaurus_rex go down successfully / awkwardly?

EDIT: Re-iterating that the pictures are excellent, nonanone

Also, Tumblr is up:

http://dorkroom-ae1-world.tumblr.com/

"Dicpix.tumblr.com" was taken; I did not venture there to see. But our Tumblr is indeed titled "D.I.C.P.I.X."

Once I figure out the best way for other people to upload their pictures to it (first guess: email) I'll send out the relevent info to Awkward Davies and nonanone.

I'd like to have the pictures appear in both this thread, and the Tumblr.

Thanks! Still trying to arrange a handoff, hopefully it won't be too long now.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

Man, I still haven't developed my pictures yet but nonanones are so good I'm not sure I want to.

A nice excuse, but go develop them anyways!

I also added my pictures to the tumblr, hooray.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

The view from my workspace in Brooklyn:

16080035.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

Others indulging in storm watching at the same time as I was:

16080016.jpg by spikespikespike, on Flickr

These two are my favorite, great mood.

And the camera is officially in Dorkasaurus' hands, so hopefully everyone isn't too sick of seeing NYC yet :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

:( It's not that hard guys...

• Locked thread