Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'll shoot a roll when the camera makes it to the Vancouver area!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, I was going to take the camera skiing when it got to Canada's west coast, but that's obviously not going to happen this year.

On the bright side, at the pace it's moving, there's still a chance that it won't get here until this time next year!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

ShotgunWillie posted:

What is the code on the lock for the pelican box? I have it all packed up but have no way to lock it.

It's 1-5-1, but hey, totally understandable that you didn't have time to read the OP during the entire month you had the camera.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
When it's done in the PNW if someone wants to send it north to Canada I'm not far from Vancouver.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I was in Europe for three months last year, including about a day in Cologne. I saw four car accidents in the city, the only four accidents I saw on the entire trip.

A month and a half of that trip was spent in Paris and Rome. You Kolnites really can't drive.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Those photos are pretty awesome.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah I'm sure someone here will have an old P&S they don't mind sending around.

I had a 6MP Kodak from like 2007 that still works fine and I totally would have used for this, but I left it in Australia :(

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
My mom until literally this year still used floppy disks to do all of her work.

I thought she'd give up when they stopped building computers with them built-in, but no, she just bought an external drive.

Finally she was forced to change when she began to use powerpoint, which made her files larger than 1.4 megabytes.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Canada always gets so screwed over.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
If you label things as a gift they shouldn't get hit with customs taxes.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

Much like when MrDespair sent me a N5005 declared as a gift, value $10. Customs opens it, declares it to be a digital camera, assesses the value at $300, and charges $45 in tax.

I mean, yeah I'll dispute it and get my money back, but this poo poo does happen. Goddamn though, thinking a N5005 is digital. What with the film spools and lack of LCD and all.

:stare:

Wow, Canada customs has never, ever done that to me. Usually in Canada there's only a 1/5 chance you get hit with the customs charge anyway, unless you're ordering like a snowboard or something.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

Once it ends up in the vaguely-western portion of North America again I'll take it for a spin myself.
You say that as if it ever ended up in the vaguely western part of North America in the first place in the last year and a half.

Let's face it, we're never getting the camera.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

it was the best of Finns, it was the worst of Finns

the best compromise

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

ExecuDork posted:

Panama would be great but the way this thing moves it's more realistic to start thinking of what you'd shoot the next time you're in Panama.

I offered to take the camera skiing with me one day.

Two seasons ago.

The offer still stands, hell, depending on when in the next 10 years it makes Whistler I might even be able to take it somewhere cool like New Zealand.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
They make 1GB xD cards?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It was just a joke about xd cards sucking

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm in all likelihood going to be in New Zealand and Australia (Gold Coast area) in late July/early August if no one else wants it.

I can then either send it on or take it back to Canada with me and get it back up to the PNW.

edit: I feel like such an American referring to Vancouver as the pacific north west.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Those are awesome.

Also it's obviously Gina Rinehart's house, the hands are protecting her land from her children.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm not in New Zealand until the end of July anyway, so that works (though at the rate the camera has been moving there's no way it'll be ready for me in a month).

If by some miracle it is done by then I could do some pictures in New Zealand, then when I'm in Australia for a week send it back to what the gently caress for antarctica photos instead of bringing it back to north america.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
god drat it deaders

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Last year I sent my Auspol secret santa via Canada post.

It got as far as Australia, obviously got lost in a box somewhere, came back completely crushed with a bunch of Australia post stickers on it, listed "undeliverable" (I had the right address) in June of the next year.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, my husband had to order a new driver's license from Canada once and it got from Sydney to Canada in literally two business days. Like we've mailed stuff within Australia that's taken multiple weeks before...

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I honestly forgot it went to Europe once already.

That was in what, 2013?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
If you want to send it up to Canada I can take it if we want to keep it in the PNW.

• Locked thread