Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Once this gets to Vancouver, all someone has to do is get it to the South Terminal at YVR for me and I'll have it freighted up here on the cheap.

V8A 4K7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I'm sure it'll all be fine but please do let me know if someone's being a shitlord.

EDIT: I can't really probate or ban for stuff like this if someone steals the camera, but hot drat do I have some custom title skillz.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

nonanone posted:

I've finished up my roll and am currently working out how best to hand it off to dorkasauras. So the camera will soon be off on its next stage in its journey!

Thread title amended accordingly.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

...is what she said.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ShotgunWillie posted:

I've been bugging him and tried to get it before my Thanksgiving drive to Ohio.

Guess who flaaaaaaaaaaked?

Ok I guess time to change the thread title back.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mannequin posted:

This thread was started in July. It is now going to go to a couple other people in New York? Somebody explain this to me. I don't care who it goes to next, but just let's move to other places at least. Skip my state, New Jersey, if necessary. Send it to some of the goons in the mid-west. East coast has lost its privileges.

I agree with this post more than I've ever agreed with any post you've made.

I don't want to like come in here and dickwave (although that's exactly what I'm doing), but does anyone have a problem with me (or ExecuDork) just decreeing that after the next person finishes with it, it's leaving the East coast?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

rio posted:

I would have loved to take the camera out for the roll. I know exactly where I would go with it to give a view of this part of NJ to everyone, but if it has to skip the east coast then whatever and I will just say a silent "gently caress you" to those who had the camera too long.

Let's not get harsh or anything, but after the next person receives it from dorkasaurus and (under penalty of thread title shame) shoots their roll quickly, it's going to go at least as far away as the midwest.

Sorry NJ folks, but it's just been in that area for a bit long.

I'd like to extend an invitation to NJ people to post maybe one pic of the place you were thinking of taking the camera, just so we can get an idea of how awesome it might have been.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Also after it leaves the midwest, it should leave the USA. Camera around the world, and all that.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

yeah gently caress the midwest

Maybe it should go to SD next, Mr. Smart Guy :colbert:.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

I'm not willing to get into a dickwaving contest with a mod. Can't win - even if my wang is more doodle, I'll get slapped upside my helmet by a charge of mod sass.
:flaccid::pwn:

Having said that, getting it moving again is the priority. Either Virginia, the Midwest, Texas, or the Pacific Northwest, then across an ocean. Mannequin bowed out for this lap around the planet, so it's definately moving away from the New England area.

Virginians, Midwesterners, Texans, PWCers: convince us it should go to your region. You have until ShotgunWillie burns halfway through his roll to do so, or I will choose haphazardously and capriciously (and possibly ironically - don't make me get all hipster on your asses!).

I agree entirely. I'm sure Mannequin would do good by this camera, but send it wherever you see fit.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Trevor Hale posted:

I support this method.

Nope.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

How do I give it to you?

If I may suggest a course of action, one party might perhaps PM the other, so as to exchange some personal information enabling off-forums contact to facilitate the handing off of the camera from one person to the other.

Alternatively, "work it out".

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

I'm not sure you get how dogs work.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

As a side note, buy a 50-pack of LR44/AG13/etc batteries off DealExtreme, and have batteries for a lot of old cameras forever for like six dollars.

Of course it won't get to you for a month, but for the future...

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ShotgunWillie posted:

Email me at Popcorncaveman at gmail?

Ain't got them fancy pants PMs.

I found a place with 2 LR44s. They were 6 bucks a piece. Uhh....

Sunny 16 or go home :colbert:.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

No pressure indeed.

Attn ShotgunWillie: :catstare:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

rio posted:

Goon project, is anyone surprised?

E: Camera around the world; The Zybourne Camera

The problem is that nobody offered to buy the domain and/or set up the WordPress.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Hey ShotgunWillie I see you have time to buy cameras but not to shoot pictures with them.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

Wait waitwaitwait.

Does this mean the camera is leaving New York?

In theory.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Updated thread title to remove ShotgunWillie's shaming :v:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Happy now, Mr. Whineypants?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bob Socko posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I'm happy to take some photos, but I never said they'd be decent.

You're an honest man, Bob Socko.

At least I'm like 30% sure that you'll actually shoot a roll of ANYTHING and post the results and send the camera to its next deadbeat :v:

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 17, 2013

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork come make an Executive Dorkcision on this.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bob Socko posted:

I just want to make sure whomever I send it to is going to use it quickly and pass it on. I'd prefer that they're in the US so I can take advantage of USPS's flat rate box. But speed is more important, I want to reignite the spirit of this little experiment.

Unless there's some kind of pre-defined list of who gets it when that ExecuDork has, I'd just arbitrarily select Impact Damage. Unless he doesn't think he can move it along reasonably fast.

EDIT: He seems capable of shipping gear that he's selling, at least.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

This thread is moving too fast for my decision making. That's got to be ironic or suggestive of my mental deterioration, or something.

Yes, Impact Damage gets it next, unless he announces he doesn't want the heady responsibility. Or he's blown all his money from selling gear on cocaine and prostitutes (no other "I ran out of money" excuse will count, only hookers and blow).

And any claim of that will require photographic Scarface-style evidence of the use of massive quantities of cocaine, and also receipts from the prostitutes. Yes. Get a receipt.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

TheLastManStanding posted:

I will keep it speeding along

Qualifications:
- I'm in SF, which is on the west coast
- I have lots of film ready
- I accept private messages.
- I live near multiple post offices

Well you seem like a nice person so would you like to have it begin its West Coast adventure with you after Impact Damage has his way with it? The next person who feels like spending an extra buck or two could send it to me for some PNW(sorta) action :v:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Just wanted to point out that this is a pretty pro-tier snype.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

7. I think of photography as a way for people to show each other something of their world. Show me your world.
7a. Don't show me your dick.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-samurai posted:

I am sorry that you live in the scrub tier part of the Seattle metro (ei; anywhere outside the city limits). Too bad you are planning on sending the camera out in a timely fashion otherwise I would offer to meet you some where and hand off a roll of Arista Premium.

Why would be there any issue with a local trade instead of mailing? I know someone else is up next, but if it can save someone fifteen bucks on shipping...

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-samurai posted:

Nah I don't want the camera I just meant I would have donated a roll of B&W to the project. It takes me like a month to shoot a roll of 35mm no need to have that hanging over my head.

Okay good, we've had enough deadbeats :v:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-samurai posted:

The saddest of all snypes.

Sad, but not shameful.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ShotgunWillie posted:

Anyone in NYC have a 35mm dev tank and a scanner? I've been practicing my b&w processing, but only have 120 steel reels and no scanner.

I'd need them for, lets say, a few months to do the roll I shot?

I really hope this is some elaborate mea-culpa joke about how long you had the camera. If it's gonna take months, take it to the lab.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mannequin posted:

You sound awfully bitter. I don't think anyone should hoard it. The New York folks hosed up and I was the one who advocated its expedition out of that territory, without the benefit of using it myself. We should really let it travel. That was the whole point.

He doesn't really sound bitter? I'm not sure how else to read that post but it sounds like he's offering to take the camera on an awesome trip from and to virtually anywhere in the summer.

I mean provided he doesn't keep it for the entire month long roadtrip.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

loving. AWESOME.

PM sent.

Is everyone else paying attention? THAT is how it's goddam done, folks - 36 hours complete turnaround time is epic.

I think this just surpassed Zybourne Clock on the Goon-Project-O-Meter.

God, the bar is so loving low.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Camera will probably arrive tomorrow.

Uhh.. haha. My lab takes a full day to process so no way I'm I getting it back out in 36 hours. I was planning to keep it exactly a week, but Mondays and Tuesdays are a bit hectic, so if it gets here tomorrow I'll have it shipped out Saturday.

I don't think anybody expects you to get it back out in 36 hours like Goon Project Hero Bob Socko, but 7-10 days would be ideal if you can manage that :)

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Akward Davies and nonanone signed their names and locations. ShotgunWillie and BobSocko wrote quotes. I'm not sure what I'll put yet.

Dickbutt.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

echobucket posted:

You should load the same film in both and take simultaneous shots of everything and post them here so we can have a proper Canon vs Pentax fight.

Unlike a *digital* Canon vs. Pentax fight, which ends in people just rolling around laughing uncontrollably and one guy with a really colourful camera off in the corner looking sad.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-samurai posted:

Sounds like Kodak's MO.

The future is basement K14 processing. And inkjet printers. Mostly inkjet printers.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Frost posted:

So when the camera comes to central Europe, I'd love to show you goons what Cologne, Germany looks like.

What I want to know is how it smells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

BY DECREE OF THE HIGH COUNCIL OF REALLY BAD POSTERS, SQUIDFLAKES GETS IT NEXT

pm mrdespair your address scrub

• Locked thread