Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm not sure if the "have our own personal island" factor is as relevant to the probable extent of the Ushiromiya family wealth as it would ordinarily be, since Kinzo is a bit of a nutjob who might well spend a large chunk of his wealth to get that thing he really wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Confused Llama posted:

I haven't seen any of the game before this LP, but I did watch the anime, and this scene firmly convinced me that, whatever else Maria's deal may be (and there's plenty of 'deal' to be had there), she's at least mildly autistic. That, and Rosa is the worst parent.
I got a similar impression, but also a bit of sympathy for Rosa; if she has to deal with the "uu~, uu~" nonstop for years, she might simply be so strung out that she can't really think straight anymore on the subject. Everyone has their breaking point, and voice acting makes it a lot worse than it comes across in the text.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Dr Pepper posted:

They could have been shot and then smashed up to hide the bullet wound.

Or maybe they were killed with magggiccccc. :unsmigghh:
Or a magic bullet.

Regarding the list, as I understand it the "no Chinamen" rule had to do with villains who could avoid normal physical limitations like locked rooms due to their ~mysterious oriental ways~. Of course, the ~mysterious~ character here is the conspicuously occidental one.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Anastasiya posted:

Bernkastel has a cat tail with a ribbon on it.
Ni-paaa~!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I tried Splinter Cell, only to find out that there had been full fan-made games of that.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Why would Maria call this theoretical Rosa-Beatrice a "bad witch" when she usually won't shut up about how awesome Beatrice is, though?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

tiistai posted:

She doesn't live there all year round, though. Rokkenjima has plenty of chairs, most of whom aren't even present during this conference since it's not their work shift.

But those chairs are an eyesore.

Those chairs. Those chairs. Those chairs. Those chairs. Those chairs. Those chairs. Etc.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Jeek posted:

Shannon's position in the murder scene is weird as well. According to the picture, she died facing the dresser, which would be awkward for someone to stake her in the face. Not sure what to make of that observation though.
Unless the stake shot out of the mirror. :lost:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I think the old saw about gold was that you put 10% of your investment resources in it, and hoped you never profited from that. It's basically a hedge position.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Hideyoshi might be the closest thing to a decent, well-functioning human being on the island, even if he can't quite pull off the double-breasted suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Jeek posted:

In the family anyway. Nanjo seems like a decent guy too.
On the other hand, Nanjo is something like friends with Kinzo. That requires a certain amount of crazy to override the self-preservation instincts that would ordinarily prevent such a thing from happening.

• Locked thread