Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fates End
Oct 17, 2009
Ahh, memories. The soundtrack didn't strike me as very out of the ordinary at first until I heard system0. But when I did, I fell in love with this game's music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Shiny777 posted:

: "Shannon, you won't stop liking me if I get fat, will you...? After all, I wouldn't stop liking you if you did."

I supposed that this would be a good time for this. George's original sprite is slightly pudgy, and it's become a joke that George is incredibly fat.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

lotus circle posted:

Man seeing the old sprite art brings back memories. I know some people hate it, but I think it has a little bit of charm to it personally. But I understand why people prefer the PS3 sprites above all else.

And yeah George is kind of creepy toward Shannon just a little. Mostly because he's 23 or 24 if I'm remembering right and she's 16. George's outfit in this is actually supposed to be a slight reference to a character from Higurashi, who he shares some similarities with.

I'm pretty sure he's not that old. Jessica, Battler, and Shannon are all in the 16-18 range, in fact I'm pretty sure they're all 17. George is only a year or two older than Battler, so he's 20 at most, leaving an age gap of only 1 to 4 years, if my memories are right. Regardless, none of them are independent, so seeing how George has a reputation of maturity, him living with his parents in his mid-20s is a little farfetched.

edit:Okay, according to the wiki, they're all 18 and George is 23. Still only a 5 year gap.

Fates End fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 4, 2013

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Don't ruin the surprise, drat it!

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009
I'll say this: I refuse to believe the obvious answer pushed at us in the final episodes, even if it means I have to go full Watsonian.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009
PLOT TWIST:
This whole story was just an elaborate S&M session between Battler and a dominatrix. When you're from a rich family, you can afford to have really elaborate fetishes.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Umineko ends when Battler and Maria accidentally capture Beatrice in a hilarious chase scene, unmasking her and revealing her to be Captain Kuwabata

And then everyone dies anyway, at least if Higurashi taught me anything.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

InfiniteJesters posted:

Beato isn't big on Safe, Sane and Consensual, is she? :gonk:

Hey, Battler never said the safe word.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Ah, here we go, the first really memorable line in the series and the scene that cements DotG as Battler's theme. This scene is what really made me fall in love with Umineko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

RedMagus posted:

I kinda hope that at the end, none of them get the money. All these kids are just terrible people!

Or it comes out that it's solid gold bars, but it's only gold foil and nothing but chocolate inside.

That's the real reason everybody died. Death by chocolate.

• Locked thread