Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Shiny777 posted:

Perhaps someone once opened the window for some air and scattered important documents and other stuff? Is that what made him so nasty?

Should that be in Italics? It sounds like one of your comments.

Kinzo is such an awesome character. There are just so many facets to his personality, it's downright fascinating. The characterization is one of Umineko's best aspects in my opinion, and Kinzo is already a good example, even though this is only his second appearance. Trust me, it gets even better :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Shiny, in the scene with Kanon and Kinzo, you forgot Kanon's portraits.

Ah, the epitaph. Hope you all like its text, 'cause you'll be reading it a lot. I can't wait for the theories to sprout :allears:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Omniphile posted:

Wow, Eva and Natsuhi do not look their ages at all.

Thus are the ups and downs of being an anime woman: You always look like a gourgeous young beauty until you hit 60 at which point you immediately turn into a wrinkled old crone. But at least you still have it better than JRPG women for whom 30 is already ancient.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Hm, did you notice that around the time Maria presents the letter (looking it up, it's precisely at the point when she calls herself Beatrice's 'Messenger'), the narrated segments switch from Battler's first-person narration to a third-person narration which, up to this point, was only used in scenes where Battler was not present? That most certainly means something, although I'm not quite sure what. But I hope we'll get more of that, I love this kind of stylistic experimentation. I've only read the Umineko mangas, so experiencing the original work is going to be a treat, I just know it :allears:

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Okay, now I understand why everyone made such a big fuzz about the music :aaaaa:
And the Battler scenes are going completely crazy with that switching between first-person and third-person narration. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I found that incredibly unsettling.

To end on a positive note, that scene with Kinzo and Natsuhi is wonderful. Finally someone is nice to her doesnt't treat her like dirt. And it's just about the last person you'd expect it from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Artificer posted:

A weaponized pipe, mind you... At least she used it to whack Natsuhi up the head.

Wasn't it mentioned in the first episode that Natsuhi is constantly suffering from migraines? I guess that thing is more dangerous than it looks...

...and now I have the mental image of Beatrice using that pipe to gouge out the faces of the First Twilight victims which is a strange mixture of horrifying and hilarious.

• Locked thread