Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Goddamn that is a ton of text. Also a lot of ellipses. Is this common in visual novels (although this is more of a 'kinetic' novel?) or is this just normal for Japanese literature?

Are you going to transcribe every single thing said in this game? I hope not, that sounds like a really tiring thing to do :ohdear: I am interested in seeing if the infamous Umineko really deserves its fame for allegedly trolling its readers.

Shiny777 posted:

A brief explanation of the titles. Umineko's translates to When The Seacats Cry, and Higurashi was When The Cicadas Cry. Generally, the titular animal crying is an indication of Bad poo poo.
Wait, Seacats :confused: I thought it was "seagulls".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Good god, this is beyond abuse.

I really like the kind relationship between the cousins, but I feel like there's something wrong with Maria. She just felt off, to me. Maybe I just suspicious towards young girls with that kind of clothes.

Natsuhi's face when she admonished Shannon was just great. I imagine if she broke down later in the game (if this game had people breaking down) she would have plenty of that expression.

Just to confirm, there is no choice at all for this game, right? There is only one path?

• Locked thread