Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
God I love Umineko. The art of the unpatched game is bad, but it could always be worse. It could be Higurashi's unpatched art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
I read the first episode of Higurashi without the art patch and was starting to somewhat adjust to the art by the end. To its credit, the crazyfaces were goddamn terrifying on the first read in the original art.

Then I patched it at the start of episode 2 and could never, ever go back.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Don't really get the complaints of doing an LP on this when Tsukihime and FSN were done here and I'd argue they're less interactive then Umineko. Umineko actively tries to get the reader to discuss it with others.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
The first novel is the slowest one and spends quite a long time on the build up.

It also has a different approach and style from every other novel.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Kinzo is without question the most hilarious character Ryukishi has ever written, and that says a ton. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Scratch that, Kinzo's facial expressions are the most wonderful part of all of Umineko.

• Locked thread