Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The other day I was wondering if it would be less tedious and harder for me to get burnt out reading an LP of the game rather than playing it. I didn't even know this thread existed.

I might jump back into this thread when it hits episode 3 because somewhere in there is where I got burnt out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The thing with this game is that it's more a deconstruction of classic mystery. It takes the usual setups (locked room, isolated island mansion) and has Beatrice make a joke of them.

e:

Mercury Hat posted:

But of course a witch turning into butterflies and entering through the keyhole doesn't contradict any of those things :).

This is what I mean by Beatrix making a joke of everything.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 2, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Szurumbur posted:

Beatrice clearly doesn't give a gently caress anymore, with Battler she deigned to play mind games and try to convince him with at least a bit of effort, but now she's just "Say I'm a witch or I'll make you eat your daughter". For shame, Beatrice.

She just wants subjugation. To Rosa, Maria is the most precious part of her life, so just forcing her to eat Maria would undoubtedly show that Beatrice owns her for good. But with Battler, he's like a drat roach that keeps coming back, which he can only do because of the strength of his beliefs. The only way Beatrice can own him would be to break down all of his beliefs, which is why she needs the "game".

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Battler.

Maybe.

• Locked thread