Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Battler stop getting into arguments with 9 year olds please.

Someone needs to let him know that these arguments have no point...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

tiistai posted:

I forget, was this the first time goldenslaughterer played?

It's an amazing track nonetheless.

A certain scythe remix is my personal fav but yeah, Umineko has all the great music.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Bholder posted:

That's not how they acted here though...

Boxing Goat was a gentleman and a caring brother...

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Zack Ater posted:

Whew... found the thread a few days ago, finally caught up. I've read some of the manga quite a while back - episode 1, the beginning of episode 2 (not even as far as the thread's gotten), and, due to a mistake in titles, the very beginning of what I think I eventually established was episode 4 - but sadly never finished. Great LP so far, Shiny!

A couple of thoughts... First, 6x9=42 is true in base 13. I wonder how significant that is. Kinzo brought it up after mentioning that there would be 13 sacrifices. The 6 could go with the number of sacrifices in the first twilight, I suppose; I don't know what else it would be. 9 or 42? No clue. If I'm right about the 6, perhaps something to due with the ritual? Or I could be way off base, it could be something else entirely, or I could be reading too much into it and it's actually insignificant.

Second, can we really just... take Beatrice at her word when she says the red text is true? Maybe I'm just rather distrustful, but that seems like an easy way to cover lies as truth.

There's a point where character X tries to say an untrue statement in Red.
It...doesn't work so well.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

tiistai posted:

Beatrice is the one who wants them to keep playing her magical murder chess. If she were caught lying in red, Battler would no longer have any reason to trust her or the game.

Besides, she's obviously too classy for such low moves anyway :smug:

She does somethimes lack elegance.
Especially when ahaha.waving around.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Shiny777 posted:

Hey now. I may be slow, but I'm steady(ish). You have my Solemn Promise, someday, when you are all old* and infirm**, your great-great-grandchildren*** will be able to read you the last updates of Ep8****.

I'll only believe you if you repeat that in Red!

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

CottonWolf posted:

I found this over the weekend, and got pulled into a pretty deep hole. Has this LP died? If so, I think I'm going to get hold of the games myself.

If you're interested you probably should. Given the length of the whole thing and the average update speed it'll be quite a while to even get to where the bullshitterribleanime stops, let alone EP8.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Kaja Rainbow posted:

But I do like Gohda.

He is, after all, Magical Gohda Chef.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Hard to get more owned than being called incompetent in a language that only allows for true statements.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
BLAH BLAH SPOILERS REMOVED

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

She does have Kinzo's DNA in her. You really think Kinzo couldn't fight off an army of demonic goats if he felt like it?

I wouldn't put it past him.

Also, WorldEnd Dominator is always amazing.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Shiny777 posted:

Like, all that gold is super impressive and all, but what can you even do with it? You've pretty much gotta convert it all to bills or cards or whatever anyway, either by turning it over or using it as collateral to get actual money like Kinzo did.

Bah, what sort of crazy peson would choose a small plastic card over piles and piles of solid gold? One has this feeling of class and tangibility and the other is just good cause you can stick it in your pocket and move it easily. Also, it'd be a lot harder to beat demon goat butlers to death with credit cards than with gold bars. (Bills suffer from the failings of both, given how annoying it would be to transport that much wealth around in bills or gold and it lacks the shiny of gold. Also, sucks as a weapon)

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Artificer posted:

So does blue-hair actually feel sorry for Battler? Her face is...incredibly expressionless. Or is she bullshitting us like the rest?

Ah, don't think too hard about it (for now). It'll become pretty obvious later on.
And yeah, Bern has great expressions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Wanton Spoon posted:

Ryukishi07 may not have had the best childhood.

I'm not far into Rose Guns Days yet, but so far it just seems to be about a bunch of total badasses being total badasses together. Everyone certainly faces problems, but it has more to do with terrible economy and the ensuing high crime rates rather than being in an unloving environment. I'm not even to the end of the first season yet, though, so I fully expect a turnaround at some point. (Also it's worth pointing out that possibly the reason no one seems to be having family problems is because everyone's families have been wiped out by tornadoes.)

In RGD, family stuff becomes increasingly important and is one of the main reasons for a lot of the stuff in the later parts. Though it doesn't have as much of the whole "abusive/uncaring parent" stuff that's in the other stories.
Spoilers for later RGD:
The person who is the closest to the main villain is after revenge for stuff that happened to his family, for example.

• Locked thread