Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Prison Warden posted:

Ditto.

I'm starting to suspect some form of drugging or hypnosis is now happening here. Natshui blew her own head off, and when Battler had the gun there were one or two lines mentioning him looking down the barrel of the gun which I choose to take in the "looking at the exit-hole" manner and not the "aiming the gun" manner as it supports my ridiculous hypothesis.

Remember when they were all going into Kinzo's private study, at first they didn't want to because there was a funny smell?

Ha ha, the fourth-wall breaking tea party thing is great. What a real tension-breaker after all that death... and then it got strange again. :stare:

Glad to have finally caught up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
So is this LP going to keep going or what?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I lost my patience with the pace when I heard that it was 80 pages until Battler appeared, but it's been ages, so I decided to try and catch up. This is a real gem:

"Jessica put her brass knuckles in her pocket before Kanon opened his eyes."

Beatrice can walk around openly and be seen? Huh? The really odd thing is that she's wearing Jessica's outfit. And her portrait changed to have blonder hair. :tinfoil:

Interesting "moves" by Beatrice. You can't prove that there WASN'T a 19th person, so fine, let's say there was and everyone knows it, and the bodies are recognizable now.

Still, this first scenario is pretty easy. It's not obvious how the 6 died, so it could have been poison, lots of time to pose the bodies. The key in the sealed envelope is also easy. How did Rose get the key for the chapel? She went into Maria's bag while she was sleeping and got the envelope. Someone could easily have locked the chapel after staging the scene, put the key into another envelope and switched it for the one Maria had.

The Kanon and Jessica death scene was... strange. It amused me to see Kanon bring out a laser blade, but it sort-of made sense in a way, if she's going to just go outright using obvious cheaty magic, then two can play at that game.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Autumncomet posted:

:stare: So why didn't he take that out earlier and go for the hatchet instead??

I keep forgetting the whole point of this exercise is to prove to Beatrice that witches don't exist, and the death of the original 6 is pretty easy to do that with. Depending on the details of how Kanon and Jessica died, their deaths could be easily done by non-magical means, since I don't think anything with Beatrice in it is trustworthy.

We'll have to see the crime scene, but I agree. Anything we just saw in that magical murder scene was not witnessed by Battler - therefore, it may as well didn't happen as far as he was concerned - so as far as we're concerned, it also didn't happen. One killer could easily have stabbed Jessica in the back with a stake, then into Kanon's front as he was reacting from surprise.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
It seems Battler has found the same loophole in the sealed key thing that I spotted, although Beatrice's red answers means it was tricker than I used. Still, I expected no less from Battler. Finally, the game is starting for real.

Shiny777 posted:

The flipside of this is that anything we don't see through Battler's eyes, and that isn't stated in red, may or may not be complete horseshit.

Example: Kanon having a light-blade fencing match, then him and Jessica getting killed by girl-demons.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 12, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Battler's given up already with his spirit broken? I'm not sure how he'll continue from there. Even if they restart the game again, this is still an obstacle.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Beatrice flipping out was pretty funny.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
:stare: Since when was Rosa able to fight like a professional assassin?

KamikazePotato posted:

This scene is so great. There's a reason it burned World End Dominator into the minds of everyone playing it.

Instantly added to my playlist. It's nice and long, too.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Wait, we're supposed to be trying to figure out whodunit and howdunit this early? It's kinda hard when reality changes what events happen between episodes.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Dr Pepper posted:

Well, everything that happens before the family gets on the island is the same in each recursion. Battler meeting his family, the drama with Shannon, Kanon, Jessica and George, Rosa beating her child on the train, and so on. What's different is the events that happen once they get there, so what changes?

Uh, the murder locations and murder victims?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Dr Pepper posted:

Yes but why do they change? :)

Because the mysterious "Beatrice" is moving openly and is seen by the guests.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Fates End posted:

Hey, Battler never said the safe word.

He was trying to, but thought "ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH" had 7 G's, not 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
That was actually pretty interesting and a clever bit of logic-battling.

• Locked thread