Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Wandering Knitter posted:

Shiny, can you post some examples of the voice acting? I'm curious to see how it compares to the anime. Do they use the same voice actors?

I'm pretty sure they do use all the same voice actors, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Anastasiya posted:

About Natsuhi not being able to wear the eagle -- none of the spouses do. Hideyoshi and Kyrie don't have it either. Apparently, if you marry in and aren't related by blood, you're not a true Ushiromiya.

Probably, the reason the servants can wear it is because they don't count as people. It's the difference between putting your name on your things and allowing someone to sign for you (basically).

Of course, he only puts his names on the ones he really likes; Gohda doesn't get to wear it, you'll notice.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Shiny777 posted:

"...My first impression was that the design resembled a German swastika..."

Uh. What? I'm...not really seeing the resemblance. At all.

That might just be a mistranslation for the Iron Cross, there's similarity there at least.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Guys, stop it.

Shiny777 posted:

No spoilers for things that haven't been covered in the updates, please.

It doesn't have to be a plot element to be a spoiler.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Autumncomet posted:

But there's a Umineko translation, right? Part of the Dangan Ronpa LP's popularity came from that you couldn't really get a translation anywhere else on the Internet.

Just a fan translation, there's never been an official US release, but yeah, Umineko's pretty well-known amongst VN fans.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

redsoxism posted:

My point is that I have no problem with other people providing all the red herrings or theories that they want to the discussion as long as they aren't pretending to be someone that they're not. People who have already read the series have no obligation to provide any hints regarding the subtext of their statements as long as they don't pretend to be a fellow reader. This kind of dishonesty is what ruins perfectly good discussions.

Since this thread seems to be your first time posting in SA, just to make things clear: The rule here is that if your speculation is based in what hasn't been seen yet, you either don't give it or you give it in spoiler tags. No matter what other people have done, including calling people out. There is no hinting at what's going to come or saying outright you know what's next and giving red herrings, and if you think someone else speculating is actually someone that knows for a fact what's to come, you don't say anything because whether or not you're right, that kind of callout is itself a spoiler even if you happen to be wrong about them. Just don't say anything, so people that are unspoiled can stay unspoiled.

Agree with it or not, but those are the spoiler rules on SA, in LP, at least: if it hasn't happened/been revealed yet and you know what's going to happen/be revealed, and we know that you know, don't say anything about it, true or false. There is no guiding discussion, or even sly "oh really? Just wait and see" type comments.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Zack Ater posted:

A couple of thoughts... First, 6x9=42 is true in base 13. I wonder how significant that is. Kinzo brought it up after mentioning that there would be 13 sacrifices. The 6 could go with the number of sacrifices in the first twilight, I suppose; I don't know what else it would be. 9 or 42? No clue. If I'm right about the 6, perhaps something to due with the ritual? Or I could be way off base, it could be something else entirely, or I could be reading too much into it and it's actually insignificant.

That's just part of the Hitchhiker's Guide reference. At the end of Restaurant at the End of the Universe, they try and get the remnants of the Ultimate Question that the Earth was calculating from Arthur's brain by having him pull Scrabble tiles at random from a bag, and he comes up with "What do you get if you multiply six by nine?"

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Just one correction: lambda is the 11th letter, but it stands for 30 in the Greek number system, so Lambdadelta does mean 34.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Jeek posted:

On the other hand, Miyo's last name is 三四 (three four), not 三十四 (thirty-four), and the Japanese for saying three is different from that for thirty just like English.

Case in point: 山本五十六/Isoroku Yamamoto (whose last name is basically "fifty-six") would probably be called something like Goroku if his name is meant to be "five six".

Caveat: I don't know Japanese but I can read most kanji with ease.

One means "three four" and the other means "thirty four", yeah, but they both mean "34". It's just an alternate way of expressing that. I guess it might be a mistake and his properly-written intent would've given "Gammadelta" instead, but that seems such a simple thing to double-check that it might've just been trying to obscure it a little through cleverness.

• Locked thread