Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
We definitely need a Monobear for this thread, I suspect the despair will be particularly heavy by the end.

Speculation Time:

First step in any murder mystery is this: figure out what is fact, what is fiction, and what is conjecture. We know the 6 people were murdered in the night, during a severe storm. I have no idea how loud such a storm would be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was loud enough to cover the sound of a scream or fight, but I doubt a gunshot wouldn't stand out. I could be very very wrong though, if anyone knows please let me know.

Now, how do you kill 6 people? I must of been when their defenses were down. Shannon would of been easy, as well as Gohda, as they were isolated. I would of taken them out first just to eliminate any variables. As for the other four, some sort of lure would be required, or a way to neutralize all four at once. Unless we're going to accept someone has crazy ninja knock-out gas, I'm going to have to guess that they were lured away one at a time, or in pairs. Attempting to kill 4 people at once without showing any scratches or getting hurt yourself is something I don't think anyone could really do in close-quarter combat. Sadly our friendly local doc can't be used to check for defensive wounds. But he's also a suspect, so his evidence is very lightly trusted.

You would think this means that we could rule out someone based on physical size, and I can't think of how to counter that idea at the moment. But I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

Moving past all the physical evidence, it's obvious the killer is going to follow "the rules" set up in the Witch's Poem. We've lost the first 6 at the first twilight, so looking at our second verse:
"At The Second Twilight, Those Who Remain Shall Tear Apart The Two Who Are Close"
I suspect our next murder victim will be either:
A)George, to tear apart his mother and father over who did it.
B)Kinzo via gunshot wound, that little scene with him not being a complete dick for once is way too suspicious!

Unfortunately, I think no one will take a closer look ath the riddle until the third night. "all praise my honorable name on high" and all that.

Random baseless speculation: It's all George, Shannon was forced into rejecting the offer by all four of the family members and told to go serve Gohda, which drove him into a rage.

Comedy Option:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Fightest posted:

Proceeding with the stated assumption, we can speculate that the culprit has a list of targets and an order for them. For some reason he also has an escape clause for a few targets as chosen by Maria. In other words, the culprit must have had time to brief Maria. Was she ever out of sight once they arrived on the island? If not, we are forced to conclude that the briefing occurred on the boat ride in.

I'm assuming that due to the length of time Maria was out there in the flower garden alone, that would of been the time for the briefing as well as giving the envelope and umbrella.

They would also have to know about Maria's fascination with the occult, which doesn't help narrow down the list of suspects but I don't think it would of been information readily available to anyone outside the family.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think that Natsuhi/Scorpion charm is a red herring. She was never in danger.

If I were the killer, I'd of taken the 6 easiest targets. After that, the mark would of been put on anyone's door who could come up with the charm excuse. I'm sure most of the family would of known about the mirror charm, or at least the servants from some ordered snooping. And the headache issue is an obvious fact about her, probably something to be counted on to make her take to bed early.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can't think of a summary of this entire scene without thinking about the hiimdaisy comics: "Who wants to talk about murders?!" "yaaaaaaay!"

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I kinda hope that at the end, none of them get the money. All these kids are just terrible people!

Or it comes out that it's solid gold bars, but it's only gold foil and nothing but chocolate inside.

• Locked thread