Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
:siren: Trade Offer: :siren:

Tigres de San Juan receive:
2004 Armando Benitez
2004 A.J. Burnett
2011 Dan Runzler

Oxbridge Mathematicians receive:
1943 Joe Gordon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
The Oxbridge Mathematicians confirm the Benitez/Burnett/Runzler for Gordon deal.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Your terrible trade is approved and I hate you for making me do more work.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

The Fingers Lake Phoenixes are willing to accept the risk of rookie Barry Bonds, '02 Earl Moore, whose nickname I like, '02 Bill Bradley, '86 Bobby Bonilla, '86 Tony Pena and '85 Andy Van Slyke from the Polyarny Postmodernists, apparent pursuers of the Doppel legacy, in exchange for the proven commodity of '89 Rickey Henderson, '04 or '05 Jimmy Rollins, and '64 Richie Allen, in the hope that he will roll better for you.

A chance at greatness or despair with Barrold, plus young Bobby Bo, and a couple guys that probably wouldn't make your final 28. In exchange, you get Rickey, who you need; Rollins, in case Ozzie gets hurt or doesn't hit; and Allen, who's on the Macho Men not once, but twice, and just got nailed with a young, bad roll for me.

This favors you a good deal, but I admire you picking up the reins, and I want to help! If the Phoenixes survive, and you want to throw me your third round dispersal pick as a tip, I won't complain. Just saying.

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 10, 2012

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
The St. Paul Bearers wish to trade '71 Dick Dietz, catcher to the Oxbridge Mathematicians in exchange for journeyman reliever '99 Roberto Hernandez .

kw0134 and I approve with our one-sixth shares.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Viscount Slim posted:

The St. Paul Bearers wish to trade '71 Dick Dietz, catcher to the Oxbridge Mathematicians in exchange for journeyman reliever '99 Roberto Hernandez .

kw0134 and I approve with our one-sixth shares.
Dietz for Hernandez trade confirmed on my end, pending other team getting all their owners together.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Trade!
Saints offer:
First and Second Round Super-Draft picks, and Second Round Expansion Draft Pick.
Mooglies offer:
1911 Harry Krause

I figure this is ripping him off a bit, but he was fine with it.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Confirming the St Paul Bearer's trade.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Senerio posted:

Trade!
Saints offer:
First and Second Round Super-Draft picks, and Second Round Expansion Draft Pick.
Mooglies offer:
1911 Harry Krause

I figure this is ripping him off a bit, but he was fine with it.

Approved. Guy on my feeders who I had no intention of using for three draft picks seems like a fine trade to me.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
The Saints-Mooglies trade is approved.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

kw0134 posted:

Confirming the St Paul Bearer's trade.

Also confirming.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Edit: Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 11, 2012

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
1)A
2)C
3)A
4)D
5)D
6)D
7)D
8)C
9)A
10)D
11)C
12)C
13)A
14)A
15)B

Essay Question:
Make a Rocket and then use the Rocket to destroy raiders while using my Hover-Mazda to take NeoCanada and kidnap Cardinal Severn and sell him to the Marxist commutants in order to teach them the ways of capitalism.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Oh yeah, this thing!

Question 1

I want my team... C. To not completely suck.

Question 2

The core of a successful Super-League team is... B. Its pitching

Question 3

Your team is middling. But, if you take a certain risk, it may become a contender, or may be relegated after the season. If you do nothing, your team will probably survive, but certainly won't win a championship. Do you...

B. Hold off on the risk! They'll be time enough to perfect the team in the offseason!

Question 4

Is Marauder evil?

A. 'Good' and 'evil' are moral constructs that have little meaning inside the world of the Super-League, where cooperation is effectively impossible and one team's survival requires the death of another. To be 'good' in such a world is to be suicidal, to be 'evil' to merely desire to continue to live, and so the words lose all meaning. Yes, Marauder is 'evil', and we should all aspire to be so.

Question 5

The thesis of Moneyball is that it is incumbent on ballclubs to forever seek out market inefficiencies in order to give their team the best return on investment. What is the greatest market inefficiency in the Super-League today?

D. If I know what it is, wouldn't it be important for me not to publicize that information?

Question 6

My team sucks. What the gently caress went wrong? A. I hosed up.

Question 7

The best player of all time was... E. Barry Bonds

Question 8

My ideal castle is... D. Inside a mountain, mostly hidden from view and wholly impregnable for any would wish to take it from me.

Question 9

The biggest Hall of Fame Snub is... C. Jeff Bagwell

Question 10

The best sci-fi franchise is... A. Star Trek

Question 11

Should Chicago forgive Steve Bartman? C. You're totally going to kill all of teams that picked 'yes', aren't you?

Question 12

If the Sun is one, and the Moon is two, then what is the Earth? D. Thursday

Question 13

Will the new season of Community suck? C. Hey, Community already had something like 70 episodes! Where I come from, that's an insanely long run for a show!

Question 14

Out of all of the idiotic characters Smasher has created, the one I'd want most on my team is... D. Is death an option? It is? Then I'll choose death.

Question 15

What was the point of this? C. Smasher's trying to get inside our heads! Don't you understand, this is all part of his evil plan! We must stop him!

Bonus Essay Question

You are John Constitution. The year is 2687 and the world is once again in crisis. The raiders of New Dakota have stolen the Master Infosphere of Third Milwaukee. With the city only five days away from crashing into Lake Huron-Michigan, it is up to you to retrieve the Infosphere.

Making matters worse, one raider captured in the attack has revealed that he and his associates were working for Cardinal Severn, the sovereign lord of NeoCanada. Clearly, by destroying Milwaukee he hopes that the passes of Sault Ste. Marie will be left unguarded and his robo-legions will easily be able invade and occupy the entire region.

To the best of your knowledge, the raiders are currently making their way across the rad plains of Iowa, inhabited solely by commutants, a vicious breed of degenerates who have adopted Marxism in order to cope with the harsh realities of living in such a blasted land.

What do you do? What do you do?

For the purposes of this question, assume that your Hover-Mazda has been fully repaired after the Rockford incident.

Call upon RANCE!(ah ah!) SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The Goog posted:

I'm just going to put this here...

Just as confirmation, that's for the Second City Saints, and not the Rated-R Superstars.

The Saints are a team with a terrible owner who's never won a single gauntlet round.

The Superstars, on the other hand, have 80% not-terrible owners who can overrule my terrible ideas.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
1. C
2. B
3. B
4. D
5. D
6. A
7. A
8. C
9. B
10. B
11. C
12. C
13. B
14. A
15. B

Bonus Essay Question:

Let them have the sphere. There's nothing worth protecting in Wisconsin anyway

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Up-to-the-minute roster of the Great Googly-Mooglies!

25-Man Roster:

C 2009 Yadier Molina
1B 2001 Jeff Bagwell
2B 1997 Chuck Knoblauch
SS 1984 Cal Ripken, Jr.
3B 2001 Chipper Jones
RF 2009 Shin-Soo Choo
CF 1934 Earl Averill
LF 2003 Vladimir Guerrero
DH 1939 Hank Greenberg

BN 1911 Stuffy McInnis
BN 1912 Chief Meyers
BN 2009 Mark DeRosa
BN 2004 Andruw Jones
BN 2009 Grady Sizemore

SP 1911 Chief Bender
SP 2009 Cliff Lee
SP 2001 Mike Mussina
SP 1998 David Cone
SP 2011 Justin Verlander

RP 1978 Tug McGraw
RP 2009 Kerry Wood
RP 2009 Chris Perez
RP 2009 Kerry Wood
RP 2009 Justin Masterson
RP 1990 Dan Plesac

Minors:

1911 "Lightning" Amos Strunk
1934 Joe Vosmik
1985 Joe Carter
1934 Lloyd Brown
1978 Bill Lee
2009 Joe Smith

Lineups:

vs RHP

1. Earl Averill CF
2. Vladimir Guerrero LF
3. Jeff Bagwell 1B
4. Hank Greenberg DH
5. Chipper Jones 3B
6. Shin-Soo Choo RF
7. Cal Ripken, Jr. SS
8. Yadier Molina C
9. Chuck Knoblauch 2B

vs LHP

1. Cal Ripken, Jr. SS
2. Vladimir Guerrero LF
3. Jeff Bagwell 1B
4. Hank Greenberg DH
5. Chipper Jones 3B
6. Earl Averill RF
7. Andruw Jones CF
8. Yadier Molina C
9. Chuck Knoblauch 2B

Pitching Rotation:

SP1. Justin Verlander
SP2. Mike Mussina
SP3. Chief Bender
SP4. David Cone
SP5. Cliff Lee

LR Justin Masterson
MR Dan Plesac
SR Chris Perez
SR Tug McGraw
SU Kerry Wood
CL Kerry Wood

Change log:
August 12: Removed 2009 Matt Herges from roster; selected 2009 Kerry Wood from feeders
August 12: Traded 1902 Chick Stahl to Mathematicians for 2011 Santiago Casilla; sent 2009 Joe Smith to minors; called up 1911 "Lightning" Amos Strunk
August 16: Sent 1911 Jack Lapp to minors; called up 2011 Alex Avila
August 17: Traded 2009 Asdrubal Cabrera and the Saints' second-round dispersal draft pick to Eazy Ws for 2009 Cliff Lee and 1968 Dick McAuliffe; sent 2006 Brandon League to minors
August 26: Traded a second-round Super Draft Pick to Cultists for 2003 Jose Valverde; sent 2009 Ted Lilly to minors
August 30: Traded 1934 Monte Pearson and 1911 Cy Morgan to the Bengals for 1911 Chief Bender
September 3: Traded 2009 Chris Perez and 2006 Brandon League to the Superstars for 2009 Kerry Wood
September 17: Traded first and third round picks in the Dispersal Draft, 2009 Cliff Lee, 2003 Jose Valverde and 1911 Home Run Baker to the Unspecifieds for a first round pick in the Dispersal Draft
September 18: Removed 1934 Hal Trosky from roster; selected 2009 Mark DeRosa from feeders
September 18: Awarded 1939 Ted Williams as a presumptive selection in the Dispersal Draft; sent 1934 Joe Vosmik to minors
September 19: Awarded 1966 Brooks Robinson from the Dispersal Draft; sent 2009 Mark DeRosa to minors
September 25: Won 1989 Ozzie Smith in challenge; sent 1911 Stuffy McInnis to minors
September 26: Won 1987 Jimmy Key in challenge; sent 2009 Ted Lilly to minors
September 26: Traded 1911 Eddie Collins and a ratings challenge to the Landers for 1984 Cal Ripken, Jr. and a second-round Super Draft pick
September 27: Forfeited 2011 Santiago Casilla and the Saints' first round Super Draft pick in a failed challenge; called up 1934 Lloyd Brown from minors
September 27: Sent 2009 Ted Lilly to the Cultists in exchange for the Cultists taking on a *** challenge
September 28: Traded 1987 Jimmy Key to the Splinter Cells for 1910 Jim Delahanty and a second-round Super Draft pick
September 28: Forfeited 1989 Ozzie Smith and a second round Super Draft pick in a failed challenge; called up 1911 Stuffy McInnis from minors
September 29: Won 2001 Mike Mussina in a challenge; sent 1911 Stuffy McInnis to minors
October 2: Won 1939 Hank Greenberg in a challenge; sent 1911 "Lightning" Amos Strunk to the minors
October 14: Traded 1911 Jack Lapp and 1910 Jim Delahanty to the Superstars for 2009 Yadier Molina; sent 2011 Alex Avila to the minors; called up 2009 Mark DeRosa
October 14: Awarded 2001 Chipper Jones and 2009 Grady Sizemore in the Super Draft; sent 2009 Grady Sizemore to the minors
October 18: Traded 1934 Mel Harder to some expansion owner for 2004 Andruw Jones; sent 1985 Joe Carter to the minors; called up 1934 Lloyd Brown
November 8: Traded 2009 Travis Hafner and 1968 Dick McAuliffe to the Superstars for 1997 Chuck Knoblauch and 2009 Chris Perez
November 14: Traded 1939 Ted Williams, 1911 Chief Bender, 1966 Brooks Robinson and 1998 Bernie Williams to the Superstars for 2003 Vladimir Guerrero, 1978 Tug McGraw, 1998 David Cone and 1990 Dan Plesac

The Goog fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 14, 2012

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Ted Sox

C: Ivan Rodriguez 93 Rangers
1B: Rafael Palmerio 93 Rangers
2B: Julio Franco 93 Rangers
SS: Ray Chapman 17 Indians
3B: Bob Elliot 48 Braves
CF: Tris Speaker 17 Inidans
LF: Juan Gonzalez 93 Rangers
RF: Johnny Damon 04 Red Sox

Bench OF Tommy Holmes 48 Braves
Bench IF: Eddie Stanky 48 Braves
Bench OF: Buddy Lewis 46 Senators
Bench IF: Al Dark 48 Braves
Bench C: Al Evans 46 Senators (personal catcher for Sain)

SP1: Warren Sphan 48 Braves
SP2: Stan Coveleski 17 Inidans
SP3: Johnny Sain 48 Braves
SP4: Kevin Brown 93 Rangers
SP5: Early Wynn 46 Senators

Closer: Tom Henke 93 Rangers
Short: Joaquín Benoit 2011 Tigers
Short: Darren Oliver 93 Rangers
Middle: Red Barrett 48 Braves
Middle: Rob Nenn 93 Rangers
Long: Nolan Ryan 93 Rangers

AAA: Elmer Smith 17 Indians
AAA: Jose Canseco 93 Rangers
AAA: Kenny Rodgers 93 Rangers
AAA : Stan Spence 46 Senators

Line up:

1. SS Ray Chapman R
2. 2B Julio Franco R
3. 1B Palmerio L
4. LF Juan Gonzales R
5. CF Tris Speaker L
6. C Ivan Rodrigues R
7. RF Jonny Damon L
8. 3B Bob Elliot R
9. Pitcher

Evans Catching:

1. SS Ray Chapman R
2. 2B Julio Franco R
3. 1B Palmerio L
4. OF Juan Gonzales R
5. CF Tris Speaker L
6. 3B Bob Elliot R
7. RF Johnny Damon L
8. C Al Evans R
9. Pitcher

Sliders:

Hit and Run: 0
Sacrifice Bunt: +1
Squeeze Play: -2
Trying for extra bases: +1
Stealing Bases: +2
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): +1
Giving Intentional Walks: 0
Pitching Around Good Hitters: 0
Bringing the Infield In: +1
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +2
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -4
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +1

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Here we go.

Roster:
Starting 9

Cobb RF
Rice LF
Boggs 3B
Cabrera 1B
Piazza C
Griffey Jr DH
Crawford CF
Bush SS
Delahanty 2B

Bench

Suzuki OF
Guillen IF
Olerud 1B
Bellhorn IF
Ross C

Pitching:

Clemens SP
Summers SP
Donovan SP
Hurst SP
Seaver SP

Benitez CL
Sasaki SU
Soriano SR
LaRoche SR
Hasegawa MR
Mullin LR

Bullpen Bench

Boyd SP
Putz RP

Sliders
Hit and Run and Bunt/Squeeze sliders up to +4
Defensive Replacement slider down to -3

Trade Bait
I need pitching of all types. I have a boatload of hitting. I've got John Olerud with a career OPS+ of 129. I've got the Saint of Bellhorn. I've got Jim Rice, Hall of Famer LF with an OPS+ of 137. Mike Greenwell, with a career BA over 300 and a career OPS+ of 121. Just tell me what you're interested in.

Outrunner
Aug 5, 2012
Looks like I posted this in the wrong thread. Here are the new look Portland Bulldogs

Posting the new roster for the Bulldogs after the auction

C: Ernie Lombardi (1941 Reds)
1B: Willie Stargell (1978 Pirates)
2B: Charlie Gehringer (1931 Tigers)
3B: Paul Molitor (1985 Brewers)
SS: Alan Trammell (1984 Tigers)
LF: Kirk Gibson (1984 Tigers)
CF: Chet Lemon (1984 Tigers)
RF: Bobby Murcer (1973 Yankees)
DH: Mark McGuire (1996 Athletics)

C: Terry Steinbach (1996 Athletics)
SS: Eddie Joost (1941 Reds)
3B: Jimmy Collins (1902 Americans)
OF: Dave Parker (1978 Pirates)
OF: Gee Walker (1931 Tigers)

SP: Bert Blyleven (1978 Pirates)
SP: Jack Morris (1984 Tigers)
SP: George Uhle (1931 Tigers)
SP: Bucky Walters (1941 Reds)
SP: Paul Derringer (1941 Reds)

CL: Kent Tekulve (1978 Pirates)
SU: Willie Hernandez (1984 Tigers)
SR: Jim Corsi (1996 Athletics)
SR: Grant Jackson (1978 Pirates)
MR: Doug Bair (1984 Tigers)
LR: Jim Bibby (1978 Pirates)

AAA: Howard Johnson (1984 Tigers)
AAA: Lance Parrish (1984 Tigers)
AAA: John Candelaria (1978 Pirates)

Lineup
2B Charlie Gehringer
CF Chet Lemon
1B Willie Stargell
DH Mark McGwire
LF Kurt Gibson
SS Alan Trammell
RF Bobby Murcer
3B Paul Molitor
C Ernie Lombardi

Trades/Auctions

- Got 1985 Paul Molitor from the Motor City Bengals for 1984 Lou Whitaker

- Got 1902 Jimmy Collins from the Super-Auction for 1931 Waite Hoyt and 1978 Phil Garner

- Got 1973 Bobby Murcer from the Super-Auction for 1996 Jason Giambi, 1931 John Stone, and 1931 Tommy Bridges

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Ordius posted:

Trade Bait
I need pitching of all types. I have a boatload of hitting. I've got John Olerud with a career OPS+ of 129. I've got the Saint of Bellhorn. I've got Jim Rice, Hall of Famer LF with an OPS+ of 137. Mike Greenwell, with a career BA over 300 and a career OPS+ of 121. Just tell me what you're interested in.

I'm interested in Bellhorn and Rice, what years are they? I've got a lot of pitching to offer, I'd be willing to offer a #4 or #5 guy for Bellhorn, and obviously a lot more pieces for Rice.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The following survey is submitted on behalf of the Rated R Superstars.

quote:

Question 1

I want my team...

B. To be remembered.

We have a chance to do what was said could not be done. Can five men , each of different backgrounds, and each with a Super League team of their own to manage, come together to make another Super League team that is equal to all the rest? It seems preposterous. And yet, here we stand, on the brink of the expansion cup, with a roster and a plan and a DREAM. The Rated R Superstars, in all honestly, will probably never be champions of the Super League. But we WILL go down in history! We WILL BE REMEMBERED.

Question 2

The core of a successful Super-League team is...

C. Its owner's owners' cunning

We five minds are capable of feats that one alone simply cannot match.

Question 3

Your team is middling. But, if you take a certain risk, it may become a contender, or may be relegated after the season. If you do nothing, your team will probably survive, but certainly won't win a championship. Do you...

D. Oh, God! What do I do? Tell me what to do!

Seeking counsel from others is natural. It is wise. But in the Super League, it can create vulnerability. Asking another owner for advice is akin to putting up a sign that says “Exploit me! Get me to do what you want me to do!” But what the Superstars have is unique. When one of us is indecisive, he needs not turn outward; he can turn inward. We can be our own advisers. We can be our own counsel. We can come together and decide the best course of action without letting anyone else in on the fact that we were indecisive in the first place.

Question 4

Is Marauder evil?

D. Yeah, man, dude's totally evil.

It should be noted, though, that he looks more evil than he is because everyone else around him is a bunch of idiots.

Question 5

The thesis of Moneyball is that it is incumbent on ballclubs to forever seek out market inefficiencies in order to give their team the best return on investment. What is the greatest market inefficiency in the Super-League today?

A. Defense. Too many teams have put absolutely brutal defenders in the field and then been shocked when their pitching falters as a result.

Question 6

My team sucks. What the gently caress went wrong?

A. I We hosed up.

Let's be honest: There’s every chance that having five guys try to run one team will end in misery, torment, failure and, ultimately, relegation. If that happens, we will have only ourselves to blame.

Question 7

The best player of all time was...

E. Barry Lamar Bonds

Question 8

My ideal castle is...

D. Inside a mountain, mostly hidden from view and wholly impregnable for any would wish to take it from me.

We keep our thought processes hidden. We keep our strategies hidden. We keep our debates hidden. So, too, should we keep our castle hidden.

Question 9

The biggest Hall of Fame Snub is...

C. Jeff Bagwell

Question 10

The best sci-fi franchise is...

E. Galaxy Quest

That's the one with Sigourney Weaver's chest, right? Yeah, that.

Question 11

Should Chicago forgive Steve Bartman?

C. You're totally going to kill all of teams that picked 'yes', aren't you?

Question 12

If the Sun is one, and the Moon is two, then what is the Earth?

A. Zero

When humankind breathed its first breath, it looked to the skies. Man saw first the sun, then, at night, the moon. The sun is one, the moon is two, but Earth--the place where it all began--is zero.

Question 13

Will the new season of Community suck?

A. 'Suck' is a strong word, it probably won't be quite as good, as it depended a lot on the sensibilities of Dan Harmon to work properly, but it will still be competent enough. It'll still be canceled, though.

Question 14

Out of all of the idiotic characters Smasher has created, the one I'd want most on my team is...

C. Eri Yoshida

We were going to choose death, but then we saw Yoshida's stats.

Question 15

What was the point of this?

E. All of the above

Bonus Essay Question

John Constitution turned toward the setting sun, taking a long drag off of his cigarette. If he had more, he would have tossed this one away ages ago; however, this being the last one he'd smoke before reaching Iowa, he wanted to make it last as long as he could. As his thoughts drifted toward the Infosphere, Constitution lowered himself onto the Hover-MaSPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR!

Edge is cashing in his Money in the Bank!

Edge is the World Heavyweight Champion!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dyu50SCxc

This survey is approved by The Goog, 20% owner.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 11, 2012

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Approving the St. Paul Bearers - Mathematicians trade.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
: Okay, with the acquisition of Jose Valverde..

: A mighty fine acquisition if you ask me.

: Yeah, well, he sucked in the Super-League.

: Everyone sucked on the Bronies, little dude.

: True. Of course, some of our competition used a lot of their resources and got better, while we ran into some complications when preparing our offers.

: All your offers were going to include me, and RANCE! (ah ah!) SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE! can't allow that to happen. I'm the hero this team needs. Look, I have a cool Astro-Cycle!

: You have to admit, that thing is pretty bad rear end. Unless we make a couple of killer trades, and we probably should look into upgrading at 2nd base or shortstop, this is our final team:

Teams Selected:

1985 Toronto Blue Jays (3)
1922 St. Louis Browns (2 - replaces 1921 St. Louis Browns)
1958 Detroit Tigers (2)
2008 Colorado Rockies (2)
1983 Texas Rangers (1)

Team Name: Vice City Goose Eggs

Team Logo (150x150 preferred):

Home City: Vice City, Florida (for Mogul purposes, it's Ft. Lauderdale)

Home Stadium: Tommy Vercetti Memorial Stadium

Custom Stadium
Attendance: 44,000
Grass field
Retractable Roof
Left Field Foul Pole - 333 feet
Left-Center Field Power Alley - 371 feet
Center Field - 404 feet
Right-Center Field Power Alley - 366 feet
Right Field Foul Pole - 327 feet

DH Preference: Yes, please.

28-Man Roster:

C Ernie Whitt - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
C Hank Severeid - 1922 St. Louis Browns
1B George Sisler - 1922 St. Louis Browns
1B Todd Helton - 2008 Colorado Rockies
2B Marty McManus - 1922 Washington Senators
3B Buddy Bell - 1983 Texas Rangers
3B Rance Mulliniks - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
SS Troy Tulowitzki - 2008 Colorado Rockies
SS Tony Fernandez - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
OF Ken Williams - 1921 St. Louis Browns
OF Lloyd Moseby - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
OF Al Kaline - 1958 Detroit Tigers
OF Jesse Barfield - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
OF Matt Holliday - 2008 Colorado Rockies
SP Dave Stieb - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
SP Jimmy Key - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
SP Urban Shocker - 1922 St. Louis Browns
SP Jim Bunning - 1958 Detroit Tigers
SP Rick Honeycutt - 1983 Texas Rangers
RP Tom Henke - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
RP Frank Lary - 1958 Detroit Tigers
RP Hank Aguirre - 1958 Detroit Tigers
RP Jose Valverde - 2011 Detroit Tigers
RP Frank Tanana - 1983 Texas Rangers
RP Tom Morgan - 1958 Detroit Tigers
AAA OF George Bell - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
AAA 1B Cecil Fielder - 1985 Toronto Blue Jays
AAA SP Ubaldo Jimenez - 2008 Colorado Rockies

C Hank Severeid is Urban Shocker's personal catcher

25 in the majors, 3 in the minors

Lineups:

vs. left handed pitchers (no DH)

1) SS Troy Tulowitzki
2) 1B George Sisler
3) CF Al Kaline
4) LF Matt Holliday
5) RF Jesse Barfield
6) 3B Buddy Bell
7) C Ernie Whitt
8) 2B Marty McManus
9) Pitching Spot

vs. right handed pitchers (no DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) CF Lloyd Moseby
3) SS Troy Tulowitzki
4) LF Ken Williams
5) RF Al Kaline
6) C Ernie Whitt
7) 3B Rance Mulliniks
8) 2B Marty McManus
9) Pitching Spot

vs. left handed pitchers (DH)

1) SS Troy Tulowitzki
2) 1B George Sisler
3) CF Al Kaline
4) DH Todd Helton
5) RF Jesse Barfield
6) LF Matt Holliday
7) 3B Buddy Bell
8) C Ernie Whitt
9) 2B Marty McManus

vs. right handed pitchers (DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) CF Lloyd Moseby
3) LF Ken Williams
4) RF Al Kaline
5) SS Troy Tulowitzki
6) DH Matt Holliday
7) C Ernie Whitt
8) 3B Rance Mulliniks
9) 2B Marty McManus

Pitching Rotation:

1) Dave Stieb
2) Jim Bunning
3) Urban Shocker
4) Jimmy Key
5) Frank Tanana

Closer: Tom Henke
Short Relief: Jose Valverde
Short Relief: Hank Aguirre
Middle Relief: Tom Morgan
Middle Relief: Rick Honeycutt
Long Relief: Frank Lary

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

Hit and Run: -1
Sacrifice Bunt: -3
Squeeze Play: -3
Trying for extra bases: 0
Stealing Bases: -1
Aggressively Tagging Up: 0
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): +1
Giving Intentional Walks: +1
Pitching Around Good Hitters: +2
Bringing the Infield In: +1
Guarding the Lines: +1
Making Cutoff Throws: +2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: 0
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +1
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: 0
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +1

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

tatankatonk posted:

I'm interested in Bellhorn and Rice, what years are they? I've got a lot of pitching to offer, I'd be willing to offer a #4 or #5 guy for Bellhorn, and obviously a lot more pieces for Rice.

Saint Bellhorn is from 2003 Cincinnati, and Jim Rice is of the 1986 Boston Red Sox. I don't know if I'm gonna move Rice, though. I'd need a new LF plus some pitching to do so, since he is now my starter out there. Bellhorn would require a new backup infielder plus an arm.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I Approve of that survey.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 11, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The finalized roster, lineups and rotation for the Rated R Superstars:

C: 1998 Ivan Rodriguez
1B: 1965 Harmon Killebrew
2B: 1997 Chuck Knoblauch
3B: 1985 Wade Boggs
SS: 1998 Derek Jeter
LF: 1966 Frank Robinson
CF: 2001 Andruw Jones
RF: 1954 Larry Doby
DH: 2003 Vladimir Guerrero

BN: 2009 Jhonny Peralta
BN: 1911 Jack Lapp
BN: 1996 Matt Williams
BN: 2006 Vernon Wells
BN: 1911 Larry Gardner

SP: 1928 Grover Cleveland Alexander
SP: 2009 Chris Carpenter
SP: 2006 Roy Halladay
SP: 2006 AJ Burnett
SP: 1965 Steve Carlton

RP: 2011 Joaquin Benoit
RP: 2009 Chris Perez
RP: 2009 BJ Ryan
RP: 1978 Tug McGraw
RP: 1986 Jesse Orosco
RP: 2009 Jason Motte

MINORS

1910 Jim Delahanty
1919 Happy Felsch
1934 Odell Hale
1985 Howard Johnson
2001 John Rocker

DISABLED LIST

2009 David Freese
1998 David Cone
2009 Chris Perez

BATTING ORDER

vs RHP

1. Wade Boggs 3B
2. Chuck Knoblauch 2B
3. Harmon Killebrew 1B
4. Vladimir Guerrero DH
5. Frank Robinson LF
6. Ivan Rodriguez C
7. Andruw Jones CF
8. Larry Doby RF
9. Derek Jeter SS

vs LHP

1. Wade Boggs 3B
2. Chuck Knoblauch 2B
3. Harmon Killebrew 1B
4. Vladimir Guerrero DH
5. Frank Robinson LF
6. Ivan Rodriguez C
7. Andruw Jones CF
8. Vernon Wells RF
9. Derek Jeter SS

NOTE: Please have Jack Lapp be the personal catcher for Grover Cleveland Alexander.

PITCHING ROTATION

SP1. Grover Cleveland Alexander
SP2. Roy Halladay
SP3. AJ Burnett
SP4. Steve Carlton
SP5. Chris Carpenter

LR Jason Motte
MR Tug McGraw
SR Brandon League
SR Jesse Orosco
SU Joaquin Benoit
CL BJ Ryan

As 20% owner, I approve of this roster.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 23, 2012

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

The Goog posted:

Me too.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

Lineups and pitching rotation for the Oxbridge Mathematicians. Full team information plus strategies are here.

-Hitters (14)

Dick Dietz (ATL '73) (from trade)
Buster Posey (SFG '11)
Jack Clark (SLC '85) (from trade)
Jay Bell (KCR '97)
Pablo Sandoval (SFG '11)
Arky Vaughan (PP '40)
Vince DiMaggio (PP '40)
Miguel Cabrera (FM '04)
Carlos Beltran (SFG '11)
Jose Canseco (TBDR '99)
Joe Gordon (NYY '43) (from trade)
Fred McGriff (TBDR '99)
Zack Wheat (BD '11)
Chick Stahl (BOS '02) (from trade)

-Pitchers (11)

SP Tim Lincecum (SFG '11)
SP Babe Adams (PP '19)
SP Wilbur Cooper (PP '19)
SP Matt Cain (SFG '11)
SP Josh Beckett (FM '04)

CL Brian Wilson (SFG '11)
SU Sergio Romo (SFG '11)
SR Jeremy Affeldt (SFG '11)
MR Ramon Ramirez (SFG '11)
MR Rick White (TBDR '99)
LR Madison Bumgarner (SFG '11)

-Minors (3)
Mike Sweeney (KCR '97)
Mike Lowell (FM '04)
Bob Elliott (PP'40)

-Lineups

Against LHP
2B Joe Gordon
DH Jose Canseco
3B Pablo Sandoval
LF Miguel Cabrera
1B Jack Clark
SS Arky Vaughan
CF Vince DiMaggio
RF Carlos Beltran
C Dick Dietz

Against RHP
2B Jay Bell
CF Vince DiMaggio
3B Pablo Sandoval
1B Miguel Cabrera
DH Fred McGriff
SS Arky Vaughan
RF Carlos Beltran
LF Zack Wheat
C Dick Dietz

Revenant Threshold fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Aug 12, 2012

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Second City Saints Lineup and Rotation.
Lineups:
vs. RHP:
CF Carlos Beltran
3B Eddie Matthews
LF Cliff Floyd
RF Vladimir Guerrero
SS Jose Reyes
C Mike Piazza
2B Mark Bellhorn
1B Todd Helton
[Pitcher Slot]
vs. LHP:
2B Willie Randolph
3B David Wright
SS Orlando Cabrera
RF Vladimir Guerrero
LF Hank Aaron
C Mike Piazza
CF Carlos Beltran
1B Joe Adcock
[Pitcher Slot]
Del Crandell is personal Catcher to Spahn and Pizarro.
Pitching Rotation:
Pedro Martinez
Warren Spahn
Lew Burdette
Harry Krause (From Mooglies)
Juan Pizarro

RP Aaron Heilman (2005 Mets) (Short)
RP Terry Fox (1960 Braves) (Short)
RP Brian Fuentes (2003 Rockies) (Mid)
RP Heath Bell (2005 Mets) (Mid)
RP Chad Corder (2003 Expos) (Long)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 12, 2012

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

The Goog posted:

As 20% owner, I approve this roster as well.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

The Bearers-Mathematicians trade is approved.

Also, the OP has been updated.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Whoops.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 12, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3499603&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post406227341

I'm stashing my team details, final rosters, obsessively tweaked batting orders etc in my post on the first page. I link to it here as I overhauled my rosters, batting order and defense in preparation for the Expansion cup.

Please note the 3 man platoon with Rodger Hornsby alternating between 2B and 3B and Pinky Higgins and Larry Gardner covering 3B vs Lefties and 2B vs Righties respectively.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

Tweaked roster, ready for Expansion Cup?

Team Name: St. Paul Bearers

Teams Selected:
1971 Giants (4)
1979 Cardinals (2)
1934 White Sox (1)
1943 Cubs (1)
1986 Braves (1)
1991 Astros (1)

Home City: St. Paul, Minnesota (tempted to be cute and make it St. Paul's Island, but...)

Home Stadium: Percy Pringle Memorial Field The Urn (Candlestick Park)

DH Preference: No.

28-Man Roster:

C 79 Ted Simmons
UT 91 Craig Biggio
1B 71 Willie McCovey
1B 91 Jeff Bagwell
UT 43 Phil Cavaretta
2B 43 Eddie Stankey
SS 34 Luke Appling
3B 43 Stan Hack
IF 79 Ken Oberkfell
LF 34 Al Simmons
CF 71 Willie Mays
CF 86 Dale Murphy
RF 43 Bill Nicholson
RF 71 Bobby Bonds

SP 71 Juan Marichal
SP 71 Gaylord Perry
SP 34 Ted Lyons
SP 86 Doyle Alexander
SP 43 Claude Passeau

Bullpen:
CL 86 Bruce Sutter
SU 86 Gene Garber
SR 71 Steve Hamilton
SR 99 Roberto Hernandez
MR 86 Paul Assenmacher
LR 43 Lon Warneke

AAA 12 Heinie Groh
AAA 91 Curt Schilling
AAA 91 Kenny Lofton

Lineups:
SS Luke Appling
1B Willie McCovey
LF Al Simmons
RF Bobby Bonds
CF Willie Mays
C Ted Simmons
3B Stan Hack
2B Eddie Stankey

Strategy (Rate on a scale from -5 to +5)

gently caress. Me.

Hit and Run: -3
Sacrifice Bunt: -2
Squeeze Play: -2
Trying for extra bases: -1
Stealing Bases: -1
Aggressively Tagging Up: -1
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -2
Giving Intentional Walks: -4
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3
Bringing the Infield In: 0
Guarding the Lines: -1
Making Cutoff Throws: -1
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: -1
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -2
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: +1
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: +2
Letting pitchers pitch throw through trouble: +1

Transactions:
LF 79 Lou Brock for 1912 Heinie Groh (Won in Brony Receivership Auction)
C 71 Dick Dietz for 99 Roberto Hernandez (Oxbridge Mathematicians)

Just missed:
1B 79 Keith Hernandez
4OF 79 George Hendrick
4OF 43 Andy Pafko
COF 86 Ken Griffey Sr
IF 86 Ken Oberkfell
SP 43 Paul Derringer

We're going to have to give Willie Mays frequent days off - short of benching him every other week or something, I'm open to suggestions.

I welcome, indeed, urge, opinions and proposals from the rest of the corporate ownership.

Pete Ladd
Mar 9, 2012

Teams Selected:
1901 Boston Beaneaters
1902 Cleveland Bronchos
1902 Cincinnati Reds
1981 New York Mets
1985 St. Louis Cardinals
1986 Pittsburgh Pirates

Home City: Polyarny, Murmansk Oblast, Russian Federation

Home Stadium: The Sub Pen
(Open stadium, poor visibility, artificial turf, 395/418/440/424/405)

DH Preference: Yes! - Well, apparently not.

28-Man Roster:

C Darrell Porter (85 Cardinals)
C Ray Schalk (19 White Sox)
1B Jake Beckley (02 Reds)
2B Nap LaJoie (02 Bronchos)
SS Ozzie Smith (85 Cardinals)
3B Bill Bradley (02 Bronchos)
UT Joe Kelley (02 Reds)
IF Tony Womack (03 Diamondbacks)
LF Barry Bonds (86 Pirates)
LF Vince "Vincent Van Go!" Coleman (85 Cardinals)
CF Max Carey (19 Pirates)
CF "Sliding" Billy Hamilton (01 Beaneaters)
CF Willie McGee (85 Cardinals)
RF Sam Crawford (02 Reds)

AAA Tom Herr (85 Cardinals)
AAA Elmer Flick (02 Bronchos)

Pitchers:

SP Noodles Hahn (02 Reds)
SP Addie Joss (02 Bronchos)
SP Vic Willis (01 Beaneaters) [Schalk catches for Willis]
SP John Tudor (85 Cardinals)
SP Rick Reuschel (86 Pirates)

CL Jeff Reardon (81 Mets)
SU Dr. Mike Marshall (81 Mets)
SR Todd Worrell (85 Cardinals)
SR Jesse Orosco (81 Mets)
MR Bill Campbell (85 Cardinals)
LR Kid Nichols (01 Beaneaters)

AAA Nap Rucker (11 Dodgers)

Lineups:

2B Nap LaJoie
CF Max Carey
LF Barry Bonds
RF Sam Crawford
1B Jake Beckley
3B Joe Kelley
SS Ozzie Smith
DH Vince Coleman
C Darrell Porter

Strategy:

Hit and Run: +4
Sacrifice Bunt: +3
Squeeze Play: +3
Trying for extra bases: +4
Stealing Bases: +5
Aggressively Tagging Up: +3
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -2
Giving Intentional Walks: -4
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -3
Bringing the Infield In: -2
Guarding the Lines: 0
Making Cutoff Throws: +2
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: -2
Bringing in Pinch Runners: +2
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: -1
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: +2
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: +2
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: +3

Left off Roster:
C Tony Peña (86 Pirates)
1B Cesar Cedeño (85 Cardinals)
IF Heinie Peitz (02 Reds)
UT Bobby Bonilla (86 Pirates)
SP Earl Moore (02 Bronchos)
SW John Smiley (86 Pirates)
CF Mookie Wilson (81 Mets)
OF Andy Van Slyke (85 Cardinals)

Transactions:

85 Jack Clark for 19 Max Carey and 11 Nap Rucker (Oxbridge)
81 Dyar Miller for 03 Tony Womack (Ryleh)
02 Hickman and 81 Kingman for 19 Ray Schalk (Rated R)

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Viscount Slim posted:

We're going to have to give Willie Mays frequent days off - short of benching him every other week or something, I'm open to suggestions.
Maybe drop Lofton, and pick up Griffey Sr. to platoon with Mays? Sounds like the easiest way to do this without driving Smasher to distraction. It's not ideal for performance but I just don't see anyway of doing otherwise. I'd guess we demote Joe Kelley to the minors to free up space in the majors.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

In the OP, you have Philly using the 1967 St. Louis Cardinals as a feeder team. That is incorrect. I used the 1967 Boston Red Sox instead.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Bearers! Craig Biggio is a nice asset to have, but calling him a catcher is silliness. The model you have was his last year behind the plate, and he allowed 126 runners to steal on him; if you put him back there for any amount of time, you're going to find that walks and singles are almost always two-base affairs.

My Mooglies, meanwhile, are in desperate need of bullpen help. The arms we have are either too young or just not good enough to be counted on; what I need more than anything else is someone solid, who I know I can rely on to not completely suck. I propose to send you 2011 Alex Avila in exchange for 1999 Roberto Hernandez.

EDIT: The Mooglies have also made a last-minute roster move; I'll take a cue from Cthulhu Dreams and keep an updated roster post here.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
:siren: Trade Offer :siren:
Per discussion, the Oxbridge Mathematicians offer Santiago Casilla (SFG '11) to the Great Googily Mooglies for Chick Stahl (BOS '02).