Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
In the early days of the Super League, Smasher Dynamo was visited by a man who claimed to be from outer space. A planet of rock and roll, to be specific, where disputes were settled by awesome jams and only the grooviest could thrive. Smasher knew immediately that this "spaceman" was just the sort of lunatic that would make for a perfect Super League owner.

The Goog accepted the invitation graciously, and built a team that, for being put together by a psychopath who insisted that he subsisted on nothing but the power of rock, was actually quite good. His Great Googly Mooglies were among the very best teams in the Super League, but they were bested by the Framingham Fillies, and missed the playoffs. This was before the days of the Gauntlet, or of guaranteed advancement; by missing the Super League playoffs, the Mooglies were cast out of the Super League.

The Goog returned for Super League III, insisting that he had found a way to make his Mooglies even Greater; this version, however, was a pale imitation of the original Great Googly Mooglies, and they were relegated in their inaugural season. The Goog's second attempt at reclaiming glory came in the form of the London Calling; though they boasted an impressive offensive assault, the Calling were relegated as well.

With the relegation of the Calling, and the humiliation that befell the Greater Googly Mooglies, The Goog took a long sabbatical from the Super League. Some say that he returned to his home planet, Googopolis; others say that he just picked up an extra shift at the record store. Regardless, he was not seen for many months. Many thought he was gone forever, but their fears--or perhaps their hopes--were not realized. The Goog returned, appearing before Smasher Dynamo just as he had at the very beginning, insisting that the Great Googly Mooglies would return for the newest season of the Super League!

There's just one small problem: I can't remember the actual makeup of the roster for the life of me, and Google is being less than helpful in finding it. Hopefully Smasher has it on file...somewhere. In the meantime, read EVEN MORE about the Mooglies right here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

If you can get four more people, then yeah, to clarify, you can start a second corporate team.

Are incoming expansion owners eligible to have an ownership stake in this second community team?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The Pungry, Pungry Pippoes
1. Pungry
2. The Goog (probably)
3. TKBomber7285

No probably about it. I'm in.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Pungry, Pungry Pippoes have changed our name, and we have a roster! In honor of one of the men to to torture Paul Bearer, we are now the Rated R Superstars!

Teams used: 2009 Cardinals, 1919 White Sox, 2006 Blue Jays

C 2009 Yadier Molina
1B 2009 Albert Pujols
2B 1919 Eddie Collins
SS 2009 Brendan Ryan
3B 2006 Troy Glaus
RF 1919 Shoeless Joe Jackson
CF 2006 Vernon Wells
LF 2009 Matt Holliday
DH 2009 Troy Glaus

BN 2009 Skip Schumaker
BN 2009 Colby Rasmus
BN 1919 Happy Felsch
BN 2006 Bengie Molina
BN 2006 Aaron Hill
BN 2006 Gregg Zaun?
BN 2009 David Freese
BN 2006 Alex Rios

SP 1919 Eddie Cicotte
SP 2009 Chris Carpenter
SP 2009 Adam Wainwright
SP 1919 Lefty Williams
SP 2006 Roy Halladay
SP 2006 AJ Burnett

RP 2009 Ryan Franklin
RP 2006 BJ Ryan
RP 2009 Trever Miller
RP 2006 Scott Downs
RP 2006 Justin Speier

Edit: This roster is approved by The Goog, 20% owner

The Goog fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 6, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The information is approved by The Goog, 20% owner.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

This post serves as a public record of the enacted bylaws of the Rated R Superstars.

TRADING BYLAW #1: Trading Approval Thresholds
PASSED AUGUST 7, 2012 WITH APPROVAL FROM THE GOOG, SENERIO, CTHULHU DREAMS AND PUNGRY

Any owner may propose a trade of the Superstars’ assets to any other team(s). These trades require a majority vote of the Superstars' ownership to be approved. If one of the Superstars’ owners is also the owner or part-owner of another team involved in the trade, that owner may not vote on the trade; approval of this trade would then require a majority of all non-conflicted ownership holders. If there is a tie among the non-conflicted owners, the trade would not be approved.

Revisions to this rule, including elimination of this rule, must be supported with just cause and be approved by 80% of the Superstars' ownership.

OWNERSHIP BYLAW #1: Distribution of Shares
PASSED AUGUST 7, 2012 WITH APPROVAL FROM THE GOOG, SENERIO, CTHULHU DREAMS AND PUNGRY

Ownership of the Superstars will be divided into 100 shares, with each share representing an equal stake in the ownership of the team. Each of the five initial owners (TKBomber7285, Pungry, Cthulhu Dreams, The Goog, Senerio) is issued 20 shares. Owners may trade, sell, auction, donate, surrender, and in any other way divest themselves of their shares in any way they see fit. Shares may not be destroyed except in the methods specified by this bylaw, or by order of the commissioner of the Super League.

Creation of new shares must be approved by 100% of the Superstars’ ownership, except as laid out in Ownership Bylaw #2. Allocation of unowned shares must be approved by 80% of the Superstars’ ownership. If any share of the team is unowned for more than one calendar week, the share(s) will be destroyed.

Revisions to this rule, including elimination of this rule, must be supported with just cause and be approved by 80% of the Superstars’ ownership.

OWNERSHIP BYLAW #2: The 49% Rule
PASSED AUGUST 13, 2012 WITH APPROVAL FROM THE GOOG, SENERIO, CTHULHU DREAMS, PUNGRY AND TKBOMBER7285

No person, team, organization or other entity (“person”) may, directly or indirectly, control more than 49% of the ownership shares of the Rated R Superstars.

If a person comes into control of more than 49% of the Superstars' ownership, new shares will be automatically created and allocated to the other Superstars owners, in proportion to their possession of ownership shares, so that the person who had acquired more than 49% ownership sees their ownership share reduced to 49%.

Revisions to this rule, including elimination of this rule, must be supported with just cause and be approved by 80% of the Superstars' ownership.

Ownership Bylaw #1 is hereby amended. The first sentence of the second paragraph now reads “Creation of new shares must be approved by 100% of the Superstars’ ownership, except as laid out in Ownership Bylaw #2.”

BROOKLYN BRUISER BYLAW: The Idiot Rule
PASSED AUGUST 7, 2012 WITH APPROVAL FROM THE GOOG, CTHULHU DREAMS AND PUNGRY

The Superstars will not, under any circumstances, challenge the New York Macho Men without approval by 100% of the Superstars’ ownership.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 14, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Rated R Superstars

The Rated R Superstars have passed a trading bylaw, governing how their owners will propose and approve trades. The bylaw reads as follows:

quote:

Any owner may propose a trade of the Superstars’ assets to any other team(s). These trades require a majority vote of the Superstars' ownership to be approved. If one of the Superstars’ owners is also the owner or part-owner of another team involved in the trade, that owner may not vote on the trade; approval of this trade would then require a majority of all non-conflicted ownership holders. If there is a tie among the non-conflicted owners, the trade would not be approved.

This bylaw was passed with approval by The Goog, Senerio, Cthulhu Dreams and Pungry.

Also, the Superstars passed a bylaw regarding the division of ownership shares:

quote:

Ownership of the Superstars will be divided into 100 shares, with each share representing an equal stake in the ownership of the team. Each of the five initial owners (TKBomber7285, Pungry, Cthulhu Dreams, The Goog, Senerio) is issued 20 shares. Owners may trade, sell, auction, donate, surrender, and in any other way divest themselves of their shares in any way they see fit. Shares may not be destroyed except in the methods specified by this bylaw, or by order of the commissioner of the Super League.

Creation of new shares must be approved by 100% of the Superstars’ ownership. Allocation of unowned shares must be approved by 80% of the Superstars’ ownership. If any share of the team is unowned for more than one calendar week, the share(s) will be destroyed.

This bylaw was passed with approval by The Goog, Senerio, Pungry and Cthulhu Dreams.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 7, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Oh, and one more thing for the Superstars!

quote:

The Superstars will not, under any circumstances, challenge the New York Macho Men without approval by 100% of the Superstars’ ownership.

This one was approved by me, Pungry and Cthulhu Dreams after Senerio went to bed, but it was his idea in the first place. I think.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

You know, brothers, it occurs to me that I may have been presumptuous. I came into this thread filled with enthusiasm and shouted, for all to hear, that the original Great Googly-Mooglies were making a comeback. I had the essence of rock and roll coursing through my veins, and I didn't slow down my cosmic exuberance long enough to give the Mooglies a proper introduction, for those who might not have been around for our first interstellar tour:

Teams Selected: 1911 Philadelphia Athletics, 1934 Cleveland Indians, 2009 Cleveland Indians

Home Stadium: I've played many venues in my time, some you wouldn't believe even if I described them. My favorite, though, is a little green patch of grass in a backwards hick town called Boston. Fenway Park.

DH Preference: Let me ask you something, friend: Did you ever see a six-legged pegasus try to play a seven-handed guitar? It's the damnedest thing, really. Hilarious. Godawful music, though. DH, please.

25-Man Roster:

C 2009 Victor Martinez
1B 1934 Hal Trosky
2B 1911 Eddie Collins
SS 2009 Asdrubal Cabrera
3B 1911 Frank "Home Run" Baker
RF 2009 Shin-Soo Choo
CF 1934 Earl Averill
LF 2009 Grady Sizemore
DH 2009 Travis Hafner

BN 1911 Jack Lapp
BN 1911 Stuffy McInnis
BN 1934 Joe Vosmik
BN 1911 "Lightning" Amos Strunk
BN 1985 Joe Carter (acquired in Super Draft II)

SP 1934 Mel Harder
SP 2009 Cliff Lee
SP 1911 Eddie Plank
SP 1911 Chief Bender
SP 1934 Monte Pearson

RP 2009 Rafael Betancourt
RP 1987 Tom Henke (acquired in Super Draft I)
RP 2006 Brandon League (acquired in trade with Rated R Superstars prior to Super League VII)
RP 2009 Chris Perez
RP 2009 Justin Masterson
RP 2009 Ted Lilly (acquired in trade with Rated R Superstars prior to Super League VII)

Minors:

1911 Bris Lord
1911 Danny Murphy
2003 Kenny Lofton (acquired in trade with Detroit Switchblades on July 22 in Super League I)
1934 Belve Bean
1934 Lloyd Brown
1978 Bill Lee (acquired in Super Draft II)
2009 Matt Herges
2009 Tony Sipp
1911 Cy Morgan
2009 Joe Smith

Lineups:

vs RHP

1. Eddie Collins 2B
2. Shin-Soo Choo RF
3. Earl Averill CF
4. Travis Hafner DH
5. Home Run Baker 3B
6. Victor Martinez C
7. Grady Sizemore LF
8. Hal Trosky 1B
9. Asdrubal Cabrera SS

vs LHP

1. Eddie Collins 2B
2. Home Run Baker 3B
3. Earl Averill CF
4. Travis Hafner DH
5. Joe Carter LF
6. Victor Martinez C
7. Joe Vosmik RF
8. Hal Trosky 1B
9. Asdrubal Cabrera SS

NOTE: Please use Jack Lapp as the personal catcher for Mel Harder. On days Lapp starts, Victor Martinez should play first base and bat sixth, with Lapp catching and batting eighth. Hal Trosky would ride the bench.

Pitching Rotation:

SP1. Mel Harder
SP2. Cliff Lee
SP3. Eddie Plank
SP4. Chief Bender
SP5. Monte Pearson

LR Ted Lilly
MR Justin Masterson
SR Chris Perez
SR Tom Henke
SU Brandon League
CL Rafael Betancourt

Strategy:

Hit and Run: 0
Sacrifice Bunt: -5
Squeeze Play: 1
Trying for extra bases: 1
Stealing Bases: 0
Aggressively Tagging Up: 2
Pitch Outs (to prevent stolen bases): -2
Giving Intentional Walks: -3
Pitching Around Good Hitters: -2
Bringing the Infield In: -3
Guarding the Lines: -1
Making Cutoff Throws: 0
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: 0
Bringing in Pinch Runners: -1
Bringing in Defensive Replacements: 0
Starting Pitchers on Short Rest: -1
Letting pitchers pitch throw trouble: 0
Letting Pitchers rack up high pitch counts: 2

The Goog fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 10, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Rated R Superstars have approved a logo change!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

:frogsiren: Trade offer pending approval from Rated R Superstars Owners

Postmodernists get '19 Ray Schalk (unused, Rated R Superstars)

Rated R Superstars get '02 Charlie Hickman and '81 Dave Kingman

As one of the owners I approve this trade.

As 20% owner, I approve.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Rated R Superstars have elected to add some ivy or neck braces or something to the center field wall at The Spear, thereby changing visibility from good to fair.

As 20% owner, I approve of this decision.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Superstars have been busy; they've also approved a trade!

Great Googly Mooglies get: 2009 Ted Lilly, 2006 Brandon League

Rated R Superstars get: 1934 Odell Hale, 2009 Jhonny Peralta

Seeing as I am owner of the Mooglies, I did not vote on this for the Superstars. It passed with approval from Bomber, Senerio and Cthulhu Dreams.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Question 1

I want my team...

C. To not completely suck.

The Mooglies' first tour was so good, and so very nearly great...but five seasons is a long time, man. The League's changed. I've changed. We've all changed. I just hope that this reunion doesn't end in demise.

Question 2

The core of a successful Super-League team is...

B. Its pitching

You need to hit, of course. You need to draft well, make good trades, and not do anything Marauder wants you to do without consulting at least three other people. But if you can't get a guy out when you need to get a guy out, you've got nothing.

Question 3

Your team is middling. But, if you take a certain risk, it may become a contender, or may be relegated after the season. If you do nothing, your team will probably survive, but certainly won't win a championship. Do you...

A. Take the risk! Death of glory!

We only get one life. In most things, we only get one shot. If you've got a chance to go to the dance, boy, you've got to take it. It's the reason that all of my teams have accepted the Commissar's Cup Challenge every year. As long as you'vbe got those dice in your hands, you've got a chance. All you have to do is roll.

Question 4

Is Marauder evil?

D. Yeah, man, dude's totally evil.

So loving evil.

Question 5

The thesis of Moneyball is that it is incumbent on ballclubs to forever seek out market inefficiencies in order to give their team the best return on investment. What is the greatest market inefficiency in the Super-League today?

D. If I know what it is, wouldn't it be important for me not to publicize that information?

Back on my planet, we have a saying: The purple moon's tides rise on their own; only the moon knows why, and only the moon needs to. The Super League is much the same, in that there's crazy poo poo like a purple moon and everything's loving insane.

Question 6

My team sucks. What the gently caress went wrong?

A. I hosed up.

I really think the London Calling could have been something. It made me smile to see them successful in their challenge. But man, those "greater" Mooglies were just...ugh. When I think of the things that could have been done, even sitting out a year, if I had just brought these men back in the first place...it makes a man weep.

Question 7

The best player of all time was...

E. Barry Bonds

Babe Ruth and Walter Johnson never faced a black man in their life. Josh Gibson, tragic though the circumstances were, never faced a white man. Ted Williams couldn't run or play defense to save his cantankerous old rear end. Barry Bonds did it all, and he did it better than anyone else. If you want to blame him for taking advantage of a horribly unregulated system, then that's fine. But every other player was playing by the same rules, and Barry Bonds was better than all of them.

Question 8

My ideal castle is...

C. Atop a floating island that glides along with the win, never stopping in any place for too long.

This life is fleeting, as are so many things. Nothing is permanent, nor should it be.

Question 9

The biggest Hall of Fame Snub is...

D. Marvin Miller

It's not even close. It's disgusting that Marvin Miller isn't in the Hall of Fame. There are players that should be enshrined and aren't, of course. All of the other candidates named have an excellent case, and I can name a dozen more that haven't, didn't or won't get the consideration and recognition that they deserve. But Marvin Miller's exclusion is a slap in the face of the MLBPA, and of every other union in the country.

Question 10

The best sci-fi franchise is...

E. The notion that Marvin Miller shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame

I am SO ANGRY ABOUT IT.

Question 11

Should Chicago forgive Steve Bartman?

C. You're totally going to kill all of teams that picked 'yes', aren't you?

It's not nice to pick on the weak and ignorant, Smasher.

Question 12

If the Sun is one, and the Moon is two, then what is the Earth?

Earth is a rock with some pretty good tunes and more drugs than a man would think can exist. Beyond that, who cares?

Question 13

Will the new season of Community suck?

A. 'Suck' is a strong word, it probably won't be quite as good, as it depended a lot on the sensibilities of Dan Harmon to work properly, but it will still be competent enough. It'll still be canceled, though.

This, except much more negative. And if they sneak in another Subway episode I might kill someone.

Question 14

Out of all of the idiotic characters Smasher has created, the one I'd want most on my team is...

A. St. Mark Bellhorn

Part of the reason for this is that I must constantly repent for hating Mark Bellhorn when he was on the Red Sox in 2004. Another part is that a competent backup infielder is worth more than a constantly striking out DH and a 16-year-old knuckleballer. Plus his character's more fun.

Question 15

What was the point of this?

A. It's complicated!

It mostly involves him wanting us to amuse ourselves so he can have the rest of the day off, though.

Bonus Essay Question

Smasher, when you're done with that, can I get a hit? Thanks, dude.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Senerio posted:

Trade!
Saints offer:
First and Second Round Super-Draft picks, and Second Round Expansion Draft Pick.
Mooglies offer:
1911 Harry Krause

I figure this is ripping him off a bit, but he was fine with it.

Approved. Guy on my feeders who I had no intention of using for three draft picks seems like a fine trade to me.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Edit: Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 11, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Up-to-the-minute roster of the Great Googly-Mooglies!

25-Man Roster:

C 2009 Yadier Molina
1B 2001 Jeff Bagwell
2B 1997 Chuck Knoblauch
SS 1984 Cal Ripken, Jr.
3B 2001 Chipper Jones
RF 2009 Shin-Soo Choo
CF 1934 Earl Averill
LF 2003 Vladimir Guerrero
DH 1939 Hank Greenberg

BN 1911 Stuffy McInnis
BN 1912 Chief Meyers
BN 2009 Mark DeRosa
BN 2004 Andruw Jones
BN 2009 Grady Sizemore

SP 1911 Chief Bender
SP 2009 Cliff Lee
SP 2001 Mike Mussina
SP 1998 David Cone
SP 2011 Justin Verlander

RP 1978 Tug McGraw
RP 2009 Kerry Wood
RP 2009 Chris Perez
RP 2009 Kerry Wood
RP 2009 Justin Masterson
RP 1990 Dan Plesac

Minors:

1911 "Lightning" Amos Strunk
1934 Joe Vosmik
1985 Joe Carter
1934 Lloyd Brown
1978 Bill Lee
2009 Joe Smith

Lineups:

vs RHP

1. Earl Averill CF
2. Vladimir Guerrero LF
3. Jeff Bagwell 1B
4. Hank Greenberg DH
5. Chipper Jones 3B
6. Shin-Soo Choo RF
7. Cal Ripken, Jr. SS
8. Yadier Molina C
9. Chuck Knoblauch 2B

vs LHP

1. Cal Ripken, Jr. SS
2. Vladimir Guerrero LF
3. Jeff Bagwell 1B
4. Hank Greenberg DH
5. Chipper Jones 3B
6. Earl Averill RF
7. Andruw Jones CF
8. Yadier Molina C
9. Chuck Knoblauch 2B

Pitching Rotation:

SP1. Justin Verlander
SP2. Mike Mussina
SP3. Chief Bender
SP4. David Cone
SP5. Cliff Lee

LR Justin Masterson
MR Dan Plesac
SR Chris Perez
SR Tug McGraw
SU Kerry Wood
CL Kerry Wood

Change log:
August 12: Removed 2009 Matt Herges from roster; selected 2009 Kerry Wood from feeders
August 12: Traded 1902 Chick Stahl to Mathematicians for 2011 Santiago Casilla; sent 2009 Joe Smith to minors; called up 1911 "Lightning" Amos Strunk
August 16: Sent 1911 Jack Lapp to minors; called up 2011 Alex Avila
August 17: Traded 2009 Asdrubal Cabrera and the Saints' second-round dispersal draft pick to Eazy Ws for 2009 Cliff Lee and 1968 Dick McAuliffe; sent 2006 Brandon League to minors
August 26: Traded a second-round Super Draft Pick to Cultists for 2003 Jose Valverde; sent 2009 Ted Lilly to minors
August 30: Traded 1934 Monte Pearson and 1911 Cy Morgan to the Bengals for 1911 Chief Bender
September 3: Traded 2009 Chris Perez and 2006 Brandon League to the Superstars for 2009 Kerry Wood
September 17: Traded first and third round picks in the Dispersal Draft, 2009 Cliff Lee, 2003 Jose Valverde and 1911 Home Run Baker to the Unspecifieds for a first round pick in the Dispersal Draft
September 18: Removed 1934 Hal Trosky from roster; selected 2009 Mark DeRosa from feeders
September 18: Awarded 1939 Ted Williams as a presumptive selection in the Dispersal Draft; sent 1934 Joe Vosmik to minors
September 19: Awarded 1966 Brooks Robinson from the Dispersal Draft; sent 2009 Mark DeRosa to minors
September 25: Won 1989 Ozzie Smith in challenge; sent 1911 Stuffy McInnis to minors
September 26: Won 1987 Jimmy Key in challenge; sent 2009 Ted Lilly to minors
September 26: Traded 1911 Eddie Collins and a ratings challenge to the Landers for 1984 Cal Ripken, Jr. and a second-round Super Draft pick
September 27: Forfeited 2011 Santiago Casilla and the Saints' first round Super Draft pick in a failed challenge; called up 1934 Lloyd Brown from minors
September 27: Sent 2009 Ted Lilly to the Cultists in exchange for the Cultists taking on a *** challenge
September 28: Traded 1987 Jimmy Key to the Splinter Cells for 1910 Jim Delahanty and a second-round Super Draft pick
September 28: Forfeited 1989 Ozzie Smith and a second round Super Draft pick in a failed challenge; called up 1911 Stuffy McInnis from minors
September 29: Won 2001 Mike Mussina in a challenge; sent 1911 Stuffy McInnis to minors
October 2: Won 1939 Hank Greenberg in a challenge; sent 1911 "Lightning" Amos Strunk to the minors
October 14: Traded 1911 Jack Lapp and 1910 Jim Delahanty to the Superstars for 2009 Yadier Molina; sent 2011 Alex Avila to the minors; called up 2009 Mark DeRosa
October 14: Awarded 2001 Chipper Jones and 2009 Grady Sizemore in the Super Draft; sent 2009 Grady Sizemore to the minors
October 18: Traded 1934 Mel Harder to some expansion owner for 2004 Andruw Jones; sent 1985 Joe Carter to the minors; called up 1934 Lloyd Brown
November 8: Traded 2009 Travis Hafner and 1968 Dick McAuliffe to the Superstars for 1997 Chuck Knoblauch and 2009 Chris Perez
November 14: Traded 1939 Ted Williams, 1911 Chief Bender, 1966 Brooks Robinson and 1998 Bernie Williams to the Superstars for 2003 Vladimir Guerrero, 1978 Tug McGraw, 1998 David Cone and 1990 Dan Plesac

The Goog fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 14, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The following survey is submitted on behalf of the Rated R Superstars.

quote:

Question 1

I want my team...

B. To be remembered.

We have a chance to do what was said could not be done. Can five men , each of different backgrounds, and each with a Super League team of their own to manage, come together to make another Super League team that is equal to all the rest? It seems preposterous. And yet, here we stand, on the brink of the expansion cup, with a roster and a plan and a DREAM. The Rated R Superstars, in all honestly, will probably never be champions of the Super League. But we WILL go down in history! We WILL BE REMEMBERED.

Question 2

The core of a successful Super-League team is...

C. Its owner's owners' cunning

We five minds are capable of feats that one alone simply cannot match.

Question 3

Your team is middling. But, if you take a certain risk, it may become a contender, or may be relegated after the season. If you do nothing, your team will probably survive, but certainly won't win a championship. Do you...

D. Oh, God! What do I do? Tell me what to do!

Seeking counsel from others is natural. It is wise. But in the Super League, it can create vulnerability. Asking another owner for advice is akin to putting up a sign that says “Exploit me! Get me to do what you want me to do!” But what the Superstars have is unique. When one of us is indecisive, he needs not turn outward; he can turn inward. We can be our own advisers. We can be our own counsel. We can come together and decide the best course of action without letting anyone else in on the fact that we were indecisive in the first place.

Question 4

Is Marauder evil?

D. Yeah, man, dude's totally evil.

It should be noted, though, that he looks more evil than he is because everyone else around him is a bunch of idiots.

Question 5

The thesis of Moneyball is that it is incumbent on ballclubs to forever seek out market inefficiencies in order to give their team the best return on investment. What is the greatest market inefficiency in the Super-League today?

A. Defense. Too many teams have put absolutely brutal defenders in the field and then been shocked when their pitching falters as a result.

Question 6

My team sucks. What the gently caress went wrong?

A. I We hosed up.

Let's be honest: There’s every chance that having five guys try to run one team will end in misery, torment, failure and, ultimately, relegation. If that happens, we will have only ourselves to blame.

Question 7

The best player of all time was...

E. Barry Lamar Bonds

Question 8

My ideal castle is...

D. Inside a mountain, mostly hidden from view and wholly impregnable for any would wish to take it from me.

We keep our thought processes hidden. We keep our strategies hidden. We keep our debates hidden. So, too, should we keep our castle hidden.

Question 9

The biggest Hall of Fame Snub is...

C. Jeff Bagwell

Question 10

The best sci-fi franchise is...

E. Galaxy Quest

That's the one with Sigourney Weaver's chest, right? Yeah, that.

Question 11

Should Chicago forgive Steve Bartman?

C. You're totally going to kill all of teams that picked 'yes', aren't you?

Question 12

If the Sun is one, and the Moon is two, then what is the Earth?

A. Zero

When humankind breathed its first breath, it looked to the skies. Man saw first the sun, then, at night, the moon. The sun is one, the moon is two, but Earth--the place where it all began--is zero.

Question 13

Will the new season of Community suck?

A. 'Suck' is a strong word, it probably won't be quite as good, as it depended a lot on the sensibilities of Dan Harmon to work properly, but it will still be competent enough. It'll still be canceled, though.

Question 14

Out of all of the idiotic characters Smasher has created, the one I'd want most on my team is...

C. Eri Yoshida

We were going to choose death, but then we saw Yoshida's stats.

Question 15

What was the point of this?

E. All of the above

Bonus Essay Question

John Constitution turned toward the setting sun, taking a long drag off of his cigarette. If he had more, he would have tossed this one away ages ago; however, this being the last one he'd smoke before reaching Iowa, he wanted to make it last as long as he could. As his thoughts drifted toward the Infosphere, Constitution lowered himself onto the Hover-MaSPEAR! SPEAR! SPEAR!

Edge is cashing in his Money in the Bank!

Edge is the World Heavyweight Champion!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dyu50SCxc

This survey is approved by The Goog, 20% owner.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Aug 11, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The finalized roster, lineups and rotation for the Rated R Superstars:

C: 1998 Ivan Rodriguez
1B: 1965 Harmon Killebrew
2B: 1997 Chuck Knoblauch
3B: 1985 Wade Boggs
SS: 1998 Derek Jeter
LF: 1966 Frank Robinson
CF: 2001 Andruw Jones
RF: 1954 Larry Doby
DH: 2003 Vladimir Guerrero

BN: 2009 Jhonny Peralta
BN: 1911 Jack Lapp
BN: 1996 Matt Williams
BN: 2006 Vernon Wells
BN: 1911 Larry Gardner

SP: 1928 Grover Cleveland Alexander
SP: 2009 Chris Carpenter
SP: 2006 Roy Halladay
SP: 2006 AJ Burnett
SP: 1965 Steve Carlton

RP: 2011 Joaquin Benoit
RP: 2009 Chris Perez
RP: 2009 BJ Ryan
RP: 1978 Tug McGraw
RP: 1986 Jesse Orosco
RP: 2009 Jason Motte

MINORS

1910 Jim Delahanty
1919 Happy Felsch
1934 Odell Hale
1985 Howard Johnson
2001 John Rocker

DISABLED LIST

2009 David Freese
1998 David Cone
2009 Chris Perez

BATTING ORDER

vs RHP

1. Wade Boggs 3B
2. Chuck Knoblauch 2B
3. Harmon Killebrew 1B
4. Vladimir Guerrero DH
5. Frank Robinson LF
6. Ivan Rodriguez C
7. Andruw Jones CF
8. Larry Doby RF
9. Derek Jeter SS

vs LHP

1. Wade Boggs 3B
2. Chuck Knoblauch 2B
3. Harmon Killebrew 1B
4. Vladimir Guerrero DH
5. Frank Robinson LF
6. Ivan Rodriguez C
7. Andruw Jones CF
8. Vernon Wells RF
9. Derek Jeter SS

NOTE: Please have Jack Lapp be the personal catcher for Grover Cleveland Alexander.

PITCHING ROTATION

SP1. Grover Cleveland Alexander
SP2. Roy Halladay
SP3. AJ Burnett
SP4. Steve Carlton
SP5. Chris Carpenter

LR Jason Motte
MR Tug McGraw
SR Brandon League
SR Jesse Orosco
SU Joaquin Benoit
CL BJ Ryan

As 20% owner, I approve of this roster.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 23, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Bearers! Craig Biggio is a nice asset to have, but calling him a catcher is silliness. The model you have was his last year behind the plate, and he allowed 126 runners to steal on him; if you put him back there for any amount of time, you're going to find that walks and singles are almost always two-base affairs.

My Mooglies, meanwhile, are in desperate need of bullpen help. The arms we have are either too young or just not good enough to be counted on; what I need more than anything else is someone solid, who I know I can rely on to not completely suck. I propose to send you 2011 Alex Avila in exchange for 1999 Roberto Hernandez.

EDIT: The Mooglies have also made a last-minute roster move; I'll take a cue from Cthulhu Dreams and keep an updated roster post here.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 12, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Mooglies accept. This trade works in two ways: It helps mend my bullpen, and it lets me have "Lightning" Amos Strunk on the roster. That's a win just from his name alone.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

Goog, what year is your Bagwell?

My Bagwell is 2001. He also finds my team's brand of psychedelic funk to be much to his liking; you may find it difficult to persuade the Mooglies to part with him.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Rated R Superstars have passed another ownership bylaw!

quote:

OWNERSHIP BYLAW #2: The 49% Rule

No person, team, organization or other entity (“person”) may, directly or indirectly, control more than 49% of the ownership shares of the Rated R Superstars.

If a person comes into control of more than 49% of the Superstars' ownership, new shares will be automatically created and allocated to the other Superstars owners, in proportion to their possession of ownership shares, so that the person who had acquired more than 49% ownership sees their ownership share reduced to 49%.

Ownership Bylaw #1 is hereby amended. The first sentence of the second paragraph now reads “Creation of new shares must be approved by 100% of the Superstars’ ownership, except as laid out in Ownership Bylaw #2.”

TLDR: Nobody can own more than 49% of the Rated R Superstars.

In accordance with Ownership Bylaw #1, this rule required an 80% vote to pass; it received 100% approval from the Superstars' owners. As 20% owner, I approve this new bylaw.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Superstars

Lefty Williams will auto sub in from his long relief position won't he?

Just in case it doesn't automatically happen, let's move Lefty Williams to the rotation until Carpenter heals, then put Carpenter back in when he's healthy.

Approved by The Goog, 20% owner.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Hey, that Alex Avila has a notably higher rating than I'd expect. Please swap him and Jack Lapp, and let's see how he does. Thanks!

Edit: This change is now reflected in my roster post.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 16, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

In the interest of making minor transactions as quick and painless as possible, the Rated R Superstars have authorized myself and TKBomber7285 to speak for the team on the following matters:

- Injury replacement
- Batting order configuration
- Pitching rotation configuration

Any move that one or the other of us orders regarding these matters should be considered to be approved by 100% of the Superstars' ownership.

As 20% owner I approve this measure.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

:siren: Trade! :siren:

Great Googly-Mooglies get: 2009 Cliff Lee, 1968 Dick McAuliffe
South Bolton Eazy W's get: 2009 Asdrubal Cabrera, second round dispersal draft pick (from Saints)

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

These changes are reflected in my roster post, but I will note them here as well.

Dick McAuliffe replaces Asdrubal Cabrera as my starting shortstop, batting ninth against both righties and lefties. The new Cliff Lee takes Brandon League's spot on the roster; League will be sent down to the minors.

New pitching rotation:

SP1. Mel Harder
SP2. Cliff Lee
SP3. Justin Verlander
SP4. Chief Bender
SP5. Cliff Lee

LR Ted Lilly
MR Monte Pearson
SR Justin Masterson
SR Santiago Casilla
SU Chris Perez
CL Kerry Wood

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

As per this trade, the Rated R Superstars need to make some roster moves. They are reflected in this post, but I will try to sum them up here.

- Andruw Jones takes Charlie Hickman's spot on the roster and starts in center field

- Vernon Wells moves to the bench

- John Rocker takes Lefty Williams' spot on the roster

- 2009 Trever Miller sent down to minors, 2006 Justin Speier called up

- 2006 Alex Rios called up from the minors to replace Dave Kingman

- 1919 Happy Felsch selected from feeders, placed in the minors

- New lineup against lefthanded pitchers:

1. Eddie Collins 2B
2. Matt Holliday LF
3. 2006 Troy Glaus 3B
4. Albert Pujols 1B
5. 2009 Troy Glaus DH
6. Andruw Jones CF
7. Joe Jackson RF
8. Yadier Molina C
9. Odell Hale SS

- New bullpen configuration:

LR Justin Speier
MR Ryan Franklin
SR Jason Motte
SR John Rocker
SU Scott Downs
CL BJ Ryan

As a reminder, the Superstars have authorized me to make these changes without requiring majority approval from the other owners.

The Goog fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Aug 20, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Why don't we wait for Angry_ed to accept the trade in-thread before I sign off on this latest trade that appears to serve no benefit other than making me do more work.

I don't know, I guess it puts Dave Kingman in the next dispersal draft too, but mainly nothing.

Sorry for jumping the gun, Smasher. He and I negotiated and agreed to the deal over PM, so I'm confident that he'll approve it shortly. Otherwise I'll just look silly. :ohdear:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Expansion owners!

Did your feeder teams have a ton of hitting, but no pitching? Have injuries ravaged your rotation? Are you unafraid of the notion of accepting someone who until very recently called themselves a Brony?

The Great Googly-Mooglies are here to help! Our starting rotation currently contains 1911 Chief Bender, 1934 Mel Harder, 2011 Justin Verlander, and not one but TWO iterations of 2009 Cliff Lee. We also have the 1934 vintage of Monte Pearson, for those of you who are looking for a more economical option for your rotation.

What do we want? I'm glad you asked. The Mooglies' rotation is stacked, but the lineup is a little less so. Specifically, we're looking to upgrade at the shortstop and corner outfield spots. We could also use a good shutdown reliever and an offensive upgrade over Home Run Baker at third base.

So, if you have a surplus of bats, but need a pitcher, drop me a line!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to make people who only follow this thread aware of this trade:

Dorchester Phantoms receive: 1919 Eddie Cicotte
Rated R Superstars receive: 1928 Grover Cleveland Alexander

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Rated R Superstars have updated their roster and lineups to reflect tonight's trades; that post can be seen here.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

I'm a little confused by the stat screens, simply because everything looks like full-season numbers. Or, in cases like BJ Ryan, three seasons' worth of numbers. 170 innings for a fragile closer in three months? :wtc:

EDIT: Wait; it looks like the stats shown are predicted, rather than actual. Maybe it's a problem with the script?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Armitage posted:

Vice City Goose Eggs

I don't understand why Lloyd Moseby needs to be in my lineup. First offer of anything gets him.'

Putting Ken Williams on the block too.

Mooglies offer 1934 Lloyd Brown. Hey, you said anything!

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Dangit. Well played, Marauder.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

If it's quarter after three in the morning, it must be :siren: trading time!!! :siren:

Great Googly-Mooglies get: 2003 Jose Valverde
Ryleh Cultists get: A second-round Super Draft pick, to be determined at the time of the Super Draft. The Mooglies currently own their picks, as well as those of the Second City Saints; the Cultists will receive the later of those two picks.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

The Mooglies' updated roster is here. Changes are also below:

* 2009 Ted Lilly to minors
* 2009 Justin Masterson to long relief
* 2003 Jose Valverde to set up
* 2009 Chris Perez to short relief
* Joe Carter and Travis Hafner swap lineup spots against lefthanded pitching

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

tatankatonk posted:

You know Valverde is bad, right

He has a solid rating, put up a good year IRL, and my bullpen is still a pretty bad place. Plus I had an extra pick to trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

I feel as if an invisible noose has just been tied around my neck.