Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Moose made a good point; I'll vote for 24 teams with the stipulation that owners dropping out of contact before SL7 get priority cuts. I'd rather have attentive owners of bad teams than halfway decent teams with nobody steering the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

factorialite posted:

Mark Bellhorn Division
Finger Lakes Phoenixes
Great Googly-Mooglies
Juneau Juggernauts
Norfolk Splinter Cells

Could you make a more monstrous division?
Needs more Oranges.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Oranges vote B, partly because we rely on that wildcard to make the playoffs and partly because we hate change.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I need starting pitching, don't care about the price, make me offers.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

mrnoun posted:

I'd be interested in your Scott Rolen. What would you want for him?

I'd do it for Three-Finger Brown & Antonelli from your minor leagues just to keep him from a homecoming in Rochester.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

mrnoun posted:

Can't do it for two starters unless you throw in an arm from your end, I wouldn't have an injury replacement for emergencies.

I can throw in Liriano, a spare arm is all I've used him for and he's not awful at it. If you prefer someone else, don't hesitate to ask. This is a deal I want done.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

mrnoun posted:

Okay, I think we're making good progress here. Two things:

A) I feel like Three-Finger is the most valuable piece being exchanged in this trade, so I need a good variety of stuff in return. To be fair, you seem quite willing to provide, so it looks like a deal is very possible.

B) One of the guiding principles of the Super League is "You can never have too many Tim Teufels."

Given the above, I feel I can reasonably offer the following trade:

Florida Oranges get:
1908 Mordecai Brown
1948 Johnny Antonelli

Luna Landers get:
1998 Scott Rolen
2006 Fransisco Liriano
1991 Tim Teufel from your '91 Mets feeder
Florida Oranges 2nd round Super Draft pick

I still feel like you're getting a bit the better of the deal, but given Brown's struggles with my defense, I can afford to part with him.

I like where it's going, but I really don't want to give up a draft pick because I'm almost always in the middle of the pack & I need to start building depth at some point.

What would it cost me to not give up that second-round pick? I'll consider any pitcher I have.

Unrelated note after further review my team is not very useful and it needs a lot of work to be where I want it to be so everybody make trade offers at me until I figure out what I'm doing. In a nutshell I have power hitters so I should move in the walls, but my pitching isn't good enough to last in slugfests, so I should bring in groundball pitchers except my infield defense is awful and that would lead to smallball slugfests, so I should go big outfield and flyball pitchers because my fielders aren't terrible out there but that mitigates my power hitting...

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 21, 2012

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

mrnoun posted:

Well, to be honest, I'd rather have a right-handed pitcher than Liriano, but I thought that might be asking too much. Your Coveleski is the baby 1912 version, right?

Landers offer:
1908 Mordecai Brown
1948 Johnny Antonelli

Oranges offer:
1998 Scott Rolen
1912 Stan Coveleski
1991 Tim Teufel

If you'd rather go with a reliever, I'd take Eck instead of Coveleski, and I'd at least have to think about Nathan or Wagner.

How would you feel about Nathan & Liriano instead of Coveleski? Giving up one of the starters I used to get to the postseason last year is counter-intuitive to improving my rotation.

Alternatively I'd consider 1991 David Cone, but I'd like another pitcher from you to offset losing a former 19-game winner.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

mrnoun posted:

Landers offer:
1908 Mordecai Brown
1948 Johnny Antonelli

Oranges offer:
1998 Scott Rolen
2006 Francisco Liriano
2006 Joe Nathan
1991 Tim Teufel

Oranges accept.

Rotation:
Brown
Falkenberg
Welch
Cone
Santana

Coveleski down to AAA for right now.
:siren:Smasher!:siren:
I need a ruling on whether I'm over the limit on deadballers.
double edit: and yes I realize I just put another team's #5 as my ace, deal with it.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 21, 2012

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Oranges bid Rico Petrocelli & Pat Collins for ** 1994 Pedro Martinez

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Smasher Dynamo posted:

oldskool
theacox
Armitage
blackmongoose

I demand more collateral from you.

I throw in Andy Van Slyke!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Let's move Viola back to AAA & bring Falkenberg up to be #5. Pedro can sit in AAA for a week while I see how the rotation does without him.
Look at that team ERA! :syoon:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Summon me a hall-of-famer!
Mathews off the bench to 3B, Pujols to 1B, Morneau to DL & call up Petrocelli to inevitably replace Mathews when his ancient body breaks down spell him.

And thank your lucky stars I don't have another second baseman or I'd move Lajoie over there and then I'd actually have competent fielding in the middle of my infield.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Well, Welch being not good was bound to happen eventually. Unfortunately I've really bolstered my rotation as of late!

New rotation:
Brown
Santana
Cone
1994 Pedro Martinez from AAA (send Bob Welch down to AAA to make room)
Falkenberg

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Staub to the bench, let's see what...Beltran can do.

New rotation:
Brown
Martinez
Santana
Falkenberg
Cone (:argh:)

Oranges in the market for left-handed reliever. Willing to rent self out as hired gun in challenge in exchange for one.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Congratulations Smasher!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Not nearly as good as mine.

Mine's not for sale but I will offer you either Coveleski or Falkenberg, and I'd consider throwing in 1991 David Cone but I'd need some sort of starter in compensation for that addition to replenish the back end of my rotation/minor leagues.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:suicide:
Pujols to 3B, Morneau back to 1B and he better know how to hit this time.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

OK, Pujols to third & Staub to play 1B.

Cone goes down to minor leagues, and it's time once again for Sweet Music in the Super-League; Viola to #5 in the rotation.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Sweet Music is going back to AAA. Chamberlain to #5 in the rotation, and Coveleski moves to the bullpen into the newly vacated long relief spot.

Lieberthal becomes personal catcher of Falkenberg.

And while I'm at it, bump whatever sliders controlling how long starting pitching stays out there one notch closer towards "Bullpen, what's a bullpen?" because those guys are getting pummeled except for Eckersley who is great and Franco who isn't trusted by the Mogul engine to see any action.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Hey Landers what year is your underperforming Pedro Martinez? I might be willing to trade you my underperforming Mordecai Brown for him.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Dynamo League

Catcher
[ ] Yogi Berra (Unspecifieds) (.301/.336/.476, 5 HRs 0.5 WAR)

First Basemen
[ ] Albert Pujols (Oranges) (.299/.375/.480, 6 HRs 1.0 WAR)

Second Basemen
[ ] Frankie Frisch (Unicorns) (.333/.365/.450, 2 HRs 3.5 WAR)

Third Basemen
[ ] Eddie Mathews (Saints) (.320/.418/.580, 9 HRs 1.5 WAR)

Shortstops
[ ] Alex Rodriguez (Superbas) (.268/.398/.489,11 HRs 2.1 WAR)

Left Fielders
[ ] Rickey Henderson (Gumshoes) (.313/.377/.449, 5 HRs 1.4 WAR)

Center Fielders
[ ] Oscar Charleston (Losers) (.282/.356/.436, 3 HRs 0.3 WAR)

Right Fielders
[ ] Frank Robinson (Losers) (.344/.387/.591,12 HRs 1.8 WAR)

Designated Hitters
[ ] Daniel Bryan (Am. Dragons) (.YES/.YES/.YES, NO HRs STOP IT WAR)

Manager
[ ] ToiletofSadness (Losers) (ECIV Winner, One Vae Victis Title)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Oranges desire best starting pitcher available with both draft picks.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The rest of my #5 starters are a combined 1-8 & my only other option is Coveleski who'd put me over the limit for deadball starters. Joba didn't even lose that start, Neshek blew it and if anybody deserved forgiveness, especially now, it's Pat Neshek.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Please continue to give me another 1994 Pedro Martinez. I could not be more pleased with the initial layout of the draft.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I guess I'll put both my mid-round draft picks on the block, see if anybody's interested in moving. I don't really need anything but better luck, more depth & a fifth starter. Supply me!

Special consideration given for trades involving a Bellhorn.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Not happy with losing Pedro, very happy with gaining LSDock Ellis.

New rotation:
Martinez
Santana
Chamberlain
Falkenberg
Coveleski

Mordecai Brown to long relief.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Charleston & Hornsby

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Brown & Ellis to the minors for right now, Joba deserves a fair chance at #5 starter & I want to see the ratings that mean nothing before making a move.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

...those are all predicted stats, somehow. Nice to know that Brown's 1-6 record should end up with a 10-game winning streak somehow though!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Taffy Time in right field :derp:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gently caress it, Coveleski to extra long relief & a four-man rotation of the other four starters. Anybody hurt long-term is trade bait in the Expansion Cup.

:rolldice: Let it ride.

Also, new lineup:
2B Lajoie
LF Bonds
CF Griffey
3B Pujols
C Mauer
1B Staub
RF Wright
SS Trammell

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bearers!
What's the price on your Craig Biggio? I do have an Eddie Mathews that would bolster your 3B (of which you have no capable backup)...

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

drat it Bearers, I want that Craig Biggio, one of your slack-jawed owners show up and deal him to me.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Viscount Slim posted:

Why are we trading you our starting second baseman? You have LaJoie there? I'm not sure he can play catcher full-time anymore if that's your plan.

Lajoie's a deadballer, which means his defense is godawful. I can jam him at first base and put Biggio at second and greatly improve my defense with essentially a lateral move offensively because Rusty Staub's playing 1B due to a bunch of injuries I never bothered to re-update my lineup for after they concluded.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Beltran can have his spot back.

Kevin Brown to long relief, LSDock Ellis to mopup duty & send Coveleski and Brown to the minors to teach Jeff Innis how to not get injured at the AA level.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I think they were looking to make every team use the DH vs an overwhelmingly unbalanced DH vs no-DH league structure.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

cbx posted:

Welp. Let's put Putz back into the lineup in place of Benitez, give Clemens a break (why the gently caress is he 4-12?) by swapping him and Seaver in the lineup... and let's swap Soriano and Hasegawa.

Roger Clemens is on the trading block.

I'm looking for a comparative pitcher of stature, preferably a Nolan Ryan/Mordecai Brown/Walter Johnson type. Clemens is great, but for some reason he's just not performing well for my team.

Have I got a Mordecai Brown for you!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

cbx posted:

Clemens for Brown, straight up. I'll do it.

I can accept this.

Clemens to AAA because I want to give my newly drafted pitchers a chance to disappoint me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:suicide:
New rotation:
Pedro
Roger
Joba
Coveleski

Santana, sadly, to AAA for right now.

Pujols back to 1B, and Mathews in to take Staub's spot in the lineup & Pujols' former home at 3B defensively.

Whatever slider controls keeping your starters in the game, knock it a notch toward ":derp:BALL ONE GET ME A RELIEVER:derp:"