Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Okay, let's try this again:

Here's the thing. Most of the current owners are going to get relegated, and that's a bummer. For that reason, if at least five owners decide they want to work together to build a new expansion team, I'll let it happen.

But wait, there's more! These owners will retain an ownership interest in the new team even if their current team survives into next season!

Why do I do this? Because as entertaining as it has been to watch you guys try to destroy each other, I'm pretty sure watching you work together would be even funnier. So, let's make this happen.

Also, up for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

I am no longer away in the land of nod, so I shall also approve.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

All Owners!
As some of you may be aware, the Super League was built on the back of an existing LP of BM, based around the Cubs (of which Smasher is a long-suffering fan). "What does this have to do with me?", you may ask? Simple, dear friend, there exists a motley crew, a band of five players known simply as "The Legacy". I, ForeverBWFC, have taken it upon myself to re-assemble this band of brothers, but I need your help to do it.

The Legacy
Darren Daulton (C)
Mark Grace (1B)
Kazuhiro Sasaki (RP)
Jack McDowell (SP)
Mark Bellhorn (IF)

As you can see, I am 2/5 of the way to completing my task. If you can help me, fellow owners, to fulfil my destiny, I will see to it that you are richly rewarded. My team is the Eazy W's, and I am open to trade offers (and even willing to pay above the odds to achieve my goal).

Help the SL come full circle, help the Legacy to be rebuilt.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I have mark grace. What are you willing to pay?

You want a leftie reliever? I have Dave Righetti just moved to the minors. He was my closer for 5 seasons, when I reached the play-offs in four of them.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Archie Goodwin posted:

Daulton for Slaught?

Deal.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Archie Goodwin posted:

Daulton for Slaught?

Also note in the future, that his full title is "Detective Don Slaught, P.I.".

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ry'Leh Cultists Offer: Mark Grace

Eazy W's Offer: Dave Righetti

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

kw0134 posted:

Confirming the St Paul Bearer's trade.

Also confirming.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

The Goog posted:

:siren: Trade! :siren:

Great Googly-Mooglies get: 2009 Cliff Lee, 1968 Dick McAuliffe
South Bolton Eazy W's get: 2009 Asdrubal Cabrera, second round dispersal draft pick (from Saints)

The W's accept

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

kw0134 posted:

St Paul Bearers
Would like to rectify the issue at 2B by moving Biggio there if I can find the rest of my co-owners to sign off. :ohdear:

Agreed

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

gingemidget posted:

'Tis a fantastic day for the people of Barrow-in-Furness! Roger Peckinpaugh shall plague us no longer! Irn Bru and Jaffa Cakes for everyone!

Shame your rugby team's crap :colbert: !

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Goddamnit Bearers! I know I own part of you, but also I got your pick, so could we do a little worse please?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Using pick #29, and supposing we survive the final round of the gauntlet, the Easy W's submit the following list of draft preferences:
1951 Yogi Berra (FHQ)
1975 Joe Morgan (NEW)
2004 Jeff Kent (FHQ)
1978 Mike Schmidt (SJT)
2001 Alex Rodriguez (SJT)
1982 Robin Yount (DRC)
1999 Robb Nen (HIL)
1997 Robb Nen (NEW)
1982 Rollie Fingers (FHQ)
1968 John Hiller (MCB)
1972 Mike Marshall (FHQ)
1989 Jeff Montgomery (NEW)

If by some chance all of these are gone, then we would like the best available pitcher instead.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

That is extremely frustrating.

Wait 'till you become a proper SL coach, then the frustration means something :colbert:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Line-up and Roster
Starting Line-up and Batting order
  1. Duke Snider (CF)
  2. Al Simmons (LF)
  3. Lou Whitaker (2B)
  4. Babe Ruth (RF)
  5. John Olerud (1B)
  6. Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
  7. Kirk Gibson (DH) (in inter-league play, remove Gibson and have the pitcher/pinch hitter at #9)
  8. Scott Rolen (3B)
  9. Ted Simmons (C)

Bench:
Mark Bellhorn (IF)
Lloyd Moseby (OF)
Darren Daulton (C)
Mark Grace (1B)
Terry Puhl (OF)

Rotation:
#1: Jack McDowell (R)
#2: Sandy Koufax (L)
#3: Pete Alexander (R)
#4: Cy Young (R)
#5: Jeff Tesreau (R)

Bullpen
Set-up: Stan Williams
Closer: Robb Nen
Mop-up: Kazuhiro Sasaki
Short Relief: Dan Plesac (L)
Short Relief: Dave Smith (R)
Middle Relief: Eri Yoshida
Long Relief: Burleigh Grimes

Minors
Vic Raschi (Pitcher)
Johnny Roseboro (Catcher)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I look forward to finishing third again. It's becoming my thing!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Viscount Slim posted:

I wish to propose the following finalized roster for the Bearers:

Lineup

SS 34 Luke Appling
RF 04 Lance Berkman/71 Bobby Bonds
1B 71 Willie McCovey
LF 34 Al Simmons
3B 43 Stan Hack
CF 71 Willie Mays
C 79 Ted Simmons
2B 91 Craig Biggio

Bench

OF 86 Dale Murphy
IF 39 Joe Cronin
1B 91 Jeff Bagwell
UT 43 Phil Cavaretta
C 11 Victor Martinez (catches for Marichal)

Pitchers

SP 71 Juan Marichal
SP 06 Mordecai Brown
SP 71 Gaylord Perry
SP 34 Ted Lyons
SP 91 Curt Schilling

CL 86 Bruce Sutter
SU 86 Gene Garber
SR 71 Steve Hamilton
SR 99 Roberto Hernandez
MR 86 Paul Assenmacher
LR 43 Lon Warneke

Minor Leaguers

IF 43 Eddie Stanky
SP 43 Claude Passeau
OF 91 Kenny Lofton

Trade Offers

We have Bill Nicholson, right fielder from the 1943 Cubs, available for trade - OPS+ of 166, and 132 for his career; .309/.386/.531 that year.

We also have two copies of Ken Oberkfell (79 and 86), if any of you need a utility infielder with good patience. Can play 2B/3B well, and SS in a pinch.

Looking for pitching and a solid backup catcher.

I approve

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I propose that Martinez steps in to cover for Simmons for the duration of his injury, and that a trade or loan deal be made for another back-up catcher. So as to avoid rumours of bias, I am not proposing a deal, but I am making it known that I have Daulton and Roseboro as spares.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Thank you noun for doing that, sincerely :golfclap: !

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

As I seem to be one of two owners who've made a post about the Bearers since the league kicked off, I take half the credit and propose we change nothing!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Tesreau threw a no-hitter? Nice going lad, have a few awful American lagers on me!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Did you know that over one half-dozen people read this thread daily? And 7.5 people can't be wrong!

Dynanmo League Week 4 Injury Report

We have a new Intercontinental Champion!

Fukuoka Finger-Bangers
Joe Williams (SP) (Teach you to abandon my thread!) - 69 days

St. Paul Bearers
Luke Appling (SS) (Hamstring Muscle Breached Fiduciary Duty!) - 30 days

I even remembered just now to rate this thread a 5 :eng101: !

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Viscount Slim posted:

Good thing we drafted Joe Cronin after all. He should start for now.

Approved

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

The W's put up Lloyd Moseby and a second round pick on *** '89 John Franco.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Nice one lad!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

The W's bid their 1st and 2nd round picks on ** '02 Ed Delahanty

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

wikipedia posted:

"Delahanty died when he was swept over Niagara Falls in 1903. He was apparently kicked off a train by the train's conductor for being drunk and disorderly. The conductor said Delahanty was brandishing a straight razor and threatening passengers."

Oh gently caress yes this sounds like a bloke I can use! Slot Delahanty in at DH. Also, Smasher, you'd better show some love to Skeleton Warriors or so help me God I will challenge one star teams every loving week!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

BrooklynBruiser posted:

:siren: BEARERS OWNERS :siren:

For the love of all that is holy, we need to send Ted Lyons to the minors and replace him with Claude Passeau.

Sure, why not :)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Armitage posted:

: Okay, folks, it looks like we're gonna need a little bit of help, and we're not the only ones. Smasher's got writer's block when it comes to the CYOA, and we really don't want Smasher to finish that CYOA so he can write funny jokes and injury reports and all that good stuff. In fact, if it gets really bad, we might have to resort to desperate measures.

It's time to get the ball rolling on trades, and first of all, we have the following dudes on the block: '22 LF Ken Williams, '08 1B Todd Helton, '08 LF Matt Holliday, '35 CF Bob Johnson. What we're looking for in return are: Left fielders, catchers, third baseman, maybe even a center fielder. Good defense is a plus! Are we looking to move draft picks? Not exactly. If the Mudholes have started to come around then there's always that risk that we might end up with a killer draft pick, so it's going to have to take a killer offer to get our picks away from us. If we make the proper moves, then more trading is to come!

Lloyd Moseby,Kirk Gibson and Terry Puhl, all outfielders, are available for trade. As is Roseboro.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

The W's would like to use a ratings challenge on Sandy Koufax
Sandy Koufax is, unquestionably, an élite pitcher, even by Super League standards. Though his career was comparatively short (he retired at age 30), during the seasons 1961-1966 he won the Cy Young award unanimously three times. He pitched the eighth perfect game in baseball history and three no-hitters, and his strike-out rate was the seventh-highest in history when he retired. He won the triple crown in each of his Cy Young seasons and won MVP in '63.

The Koufax playing for the W's is from 1961, the start of his extraordinary peak, with 269 strikeouts in 255 innings and an ERA of 3.5 (ERA+ of 122). Comparatively, in SLVII, Koufax has pitched 32 innings with 27 strikes and has an ERA of 5.51. Compare this to his IP/K ratio in Super Leagues I-VI and it's clear he's either on a bad streak or he's been given a bad roll this year.

This is further exacerbated by the W's home turf being extremely left hand friendly, so if anything his stats should be inflated, not tumbling.

In conclusion, Uncle Smasher, I'm sorry I was mean about your cartoons, can I have my old Sandy back please? I miss him...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

ToiletofSadness posted:

Your former Drysdale has been similarly awful for me this season, but ~6 starts isn't really a large enough sample size so your challenge is probably going to get shut down.

If it's a bad roll, it's a bad roll and that's what the challenges are there for. Also, that Drysdale's fate was to secure the Legacy, now that's achieved he no longer has a purpose. He's an empty shell of a man, pitching half-hearted balls in a vain attempt to fill the void in his soul...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Viscount Slim posted:

gently caress me rigid. OK, Bearers Owners! I propose we accept both the Comanchero and Phoenix offers, because we really need loving pitching, if Sarsaparilla throws in Todd Worrell for a bullpen patch.

Approved

Revenant Threshold posted:

Well, I have a pubescent Mike Sweeney, so... no.

If it's a back-up catcher you're after, then I have a perfectly serviceable Roseboro that you can make an offer for good sir!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

kw0134 posted:

Rochester Generics
I guess I'll have to give the ball to Niekro unless we can limp by on a four pitcher rotation until Brown gets back. And I'll have to wait until the draft to fix catcher, I guess. Or the next expansion cup for my next team :sigh:

Approve the Bearer's trades damnit! :colbert:

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Okay, so remind me of what the offers are again?

Viscount Slim posted:

What if I were to bounce Hoyt to short relief and swing Crowder out to the rotation?

Well, the trade with the Phoenixes was open for choice/discussion, but gently caress it, I guess.

It was, with the Comancheros: Jeff Bagwell for Dennis Martinez and Todd Worrell;
with the Phoenixes: Kenny Lofton for Chris Young.

I'm not thrilled, but we have to get this done. I believe ForeverBWFC and CVE, as well as, implicitly, I have approved. kw0134 or Bruiser?

There ya go!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Everyone else; i'm in the market for a backup catcher. Extra bonus points if he can also play SS, if that's even possible of a decent player.

I propositioned you with Roseboro, was he not good enough to elicit a response?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I'm sorry, I didn't see that post. Having had a look at the guy, it would largely depend on what you were looking to get for him. Do you have any areas in particular you'd like to strengthen, or is there someone in particular you're interested in?

Honestly, no one on your team (bar Romo, who I'm assuming isn't for sale) appeals to me. However, my team is having an unprecedented start, and this means that my pick is unacceptably low. What I propose is this:

Roseboro and the W's 1st round pick for The Mathematicians 1st and 2nd round picks

This way you use your 2nd round pick on an acceptable back-up catcher (a fair trade considering the catching pool in this draft) and you keep your 1st round pick too, it's just lower. Knowing how desperate you are, I could be a lot harsher, I'm sure you'll agree.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Ballot!

Dynamo League

Catcher
[ x ] Yogi Berra (Unspecifieds) (.301/.336/.476, 5 HRs 0.5 WAR)

First Basemen
[ x ] Albert Pujols (Oranges) (.299/.375/.480, 6 HRs 1.0 WAR)

Second Basemen
[ x ] Ray Durham (Daydreamers) (.290/.351/.485, 8 HRs 0.8 WAR)

Third Basemen
[ x ] Eddie Mathews (Saints) (.320/.418/.580, 9 HRs 1.5 WAR)

Shortstops
[ x ] Honus Wagner (Unicorns) (.315/.361/.478, 2 HRs 2.2 WAR)

Left Fielders
[ x ] Al Simmons (Bearers) (.290/.333/.464, 6 HRs 0.7 WAR)

Center Fielders
[ x ] Jim Edmonds (Imperialists) (.309/.387/.486, 7 HRs 0.5 WAR)

Right Fielders
[ x ] Tony Gwynn (Generics) (.389/.417/.517, 4 HRs 1.9 WAR)

Designated Hitters
[ x ] Frank Thomas (Losers) (.349/.417/.568, 7 HRs 1.9 WAR)

Manager
[ x ] The Merry Marauder (Bangers) (Combined five finals appearances, two championships)

Smasher League

Catchers
[ x ] Josh Gibson (Potatoes) (.272/.335/.521, 10 HRs 0.5 WAR)

First Basemen
[ x ] John Olerud (Eazy W's) (.325/.418/.562, 8 HRs 2.1 WAR)

Second Basemen
[ x ] Lou Whitaker (Eazy W's) (.308/.386/.505, 8 HRs 3.6 WAR)

Third Basemen
[ x ] Wade Boggs (Juggernauts) (.387/.437/.495, 1 HRs 1.6 WAR)

Shortstops
[ x ] Derek Jeter (Bobbleheads) (.341/.382/.453, 4 HRs 0.5 WAR)

Left Fielders
[ x ] Al Simmons (Eazy W's) (.287/.335/.421, 4 HRs 0.1 WAR)

Center Fielders
[ x ] Joe DiMaggio (Landers) (.399/.473/.632, 7 HRs 1.8 WAR)

Right Fielders
[ x ] Vladimir Guerrero (S'Stars) (.335/.360/.582, 11 HRs 1.8 WAR)

Designated Hitters
[ x ] Babe Ruth (Eazy W's) (.264/.371/.479, 8 HRs 0.4 WAR)

Manager
[ x ] ForeverBWFC (Eazy W's) (Assembled Legacy, may be is insane)

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Round #1: Either of the top two relievers, or Best Player Available
Round #2: BPA

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Viscount Slim posted:

Given our rising (plummeting?) draft position, it now behooves us to go SP in both rounds, starting whoever we get immediately in 4th and 5th slots.

We also need to platoon Lofton and Murphy in center, start Appling at SS, and use Worrell at setup. Dennis Martinez is a patch for the injured Passeau.

Approved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

In order to rest the players marked as "sore" or "tired", perform the following changes for this week only. Moseby and Gibson come in for Simmons and Snider, Bellhorn for Whitaker and Mark motherfuckin' Grace comes in for Olerud.