Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

With the draft finalised, and because I haven't done it in a while, have a roster!

Pitching
#1: Jack McDowell
#2: Sandy Koufax
#3: Pete Alexander
#4: Cy Young
#5: Jeff Teresau
Closer: Rob Dibble
Setup: Stan Williams
Short Relief: Robb Nenn
Short Relief: Kazuhiro Sasaki
Middle Relief: Eri Yoshida
Long Relief: Burleigh Grimes

Lineup and Batting Order
#1: Duke Snider (CF)
#2: Al Simmons (LF)
#3: Lou Whitaker (2B)
#4: Babe Ruth (RF)
#5: John Olerud (1B)
#6: Scott Rolen (3B)
#7: Ed Delahanty (DH)
#8: Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
#9: Ted Simmons (C)

Bench
Mark Bellhorn
Darren Daulton
Jose Cruz
Mark Grace
Lloyd Moseby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Viscount Slim posted:

We certainly do need to replace Presidente, and Schilling, too. Happily, we have these new picks. Wait, we ended up with Bob Welch? Oh, gently caress me.

Anyway, I think it should be Tom Seaver at fourth starter, Bob Welch at fifth. Al Simmons back in left, McCovey at first.

CVE posted:

Approved.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

factorialite posted:

I'm in the market for anyone that plays in the center of the field (Pitching/C/SS/CF).

I have a Jimmie Foxx/Randy Johnson/Smokey Joe Wood for sale.

EDIT:

About-face.

I want your Jimmie Foxxes. I'll trade anyone on my team not named Jimmie Foxx for them.

I have a surfeit of outfielders, and a spare catcher for that matter. Mayhaps we can do business?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Comancheros! You desperately need a catcher, i have Roseboro in my minors who fills a role. Let's talk!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Bring in Bellhorn and Cruz for the week to rest the tired Cabrera and Simmons.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Cabrera goes back to SS I guess. Did Bellhorn get enough time in that Cabrera is no longer tired? I don't want him to be in pain for naught...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

kw0134 posted:

Trade Bait
My Barry Bonds is injured and I'm in the midst of a hot streak. I'd like to, finally, make it into the playoffs or at least a bye to the next season. To that end, I'm offering up Sir Barrold Bonds of 1999 vintage, first pick in his dispersal draft, for comparable greatness. Preference will be in CF, catcher, or pairs of corner outfields.

NEW OWNERS! You will get a chance to take him completely healed up and ready to mash taters. There is NO waiting, he is refreshed for you and your expansion cup aspirations if you submit a winning offer.

Would you take Duke Snider and Johnny Roseboro?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

kw0134 posted:

Snider's good but Roseboro is org fodder.

Anyone else take your eye? Bearing in mind that the Legacy players are naturally off-limits.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Well, gently caress. Move Cruz in for Simmons then...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Moseby goes in to give Snider a rest when we aren't playing the Cultists.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

When this season is over, this will make one hell of a film! Rest Snider for Moseby this week and, since Bellhorn is injured and I have no back-up 3rd baseman, Rolen will have to grin and bare it. Move Dave Smith in for Stan Williams. Are any of my rotation in need of a rest Smasher?

Owners! Apparently I need a bench infielder, and I have talent on my bench on offer. Nothing fancy, let's just get poo poo done.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

TKBomber7285 posted:

The Rated R Superstars have agreed to a trade with the South Bolton Easy W's.

Superstars get
Dan Plesac
Stan Williams

Easy W's get
Howard Johnson

Dan Plesac will take John Rocker's spot as setup man while Stan Williams will replace Joquiam Benoit in short relief. We will promote David Freese to take the extra roster spot from Howard Johnson's departure.

Approved. Move HoJo in at 3rd for this week.

ForeverBWFC fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Oct 25, 2012

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Grimes to #5, everyone else moves up one.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Hey, I made some sample banners for new teams that commemorate past secondary title reigns, I'm not sure that I'll make any more unless people want them, though.

As an Englishman, I am fixated on recapturing former glory, so this sounds good to me! Bring the gold back to Bolton lads!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Grace comes in for Olerud this week, make Daulton Cy Young's personal catcher!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Daulton in for Ted Simmons this week, then Daulton becomes Cy Young's personal catcher (take two!). Rolen and Olerud back in at 3B and 1B respectively. Snider comes back in at CF, Moseby to DH. Delahanty goes to SS for the week, give Cabrera a much needed week off.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

But if you're just feeling outclassed, don't be. The Super-League really doesn't require that much knowledge of baseball. I mean, yes, you look at someone like CthulhuDreams, who is some sort of sentient spreadsheet, and you think 'wow, that guy really knows what he's doing...except about Riggs Stephenson, I'm not sure what that's about', but most owners aren't like that.

To take me as an example, I showed up with no baseball knowledge and some cricket knowledge, nearly damned a play-off team and have now lucked into a team composition that's winning my division by seventeen. If I can do it, anyone can!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

ForeverBWFC posted:

Daulton in for Ted Simmons this week, then Daulton becomes Cy Young's personal catcher (take two!). Rolen and Olerud back in at 3B and 1B respectively. Snider comes back in at CF, Moseby to DH. Delahanty goes to SS for the week, give Cabrera a much needed week off.

Smasher, why do you hate my rotation of players? I try to rest them and you only seem to want to hurt them!

Ted Simmons back in at Catcher, Daulton becomes Young's personal catcher. Delahanty in at SS for the week, Moseby to DH, Snider to CF. Olerud and Rolen return to their positions.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

How do they say "the screenshots are taken well before the update" in Boltonese?

Is 'bloody' used? I bet bloody is used.

"Stop bein' such a soft oval office, it's my game and your players'll sleep when I bloody tell 'em they bloody can, aurite?!" Would be an accepted translation.

If Cabrera is no longer sore, move him back in at SS and move Delahanty to 2B. If he is still sore then keep up stopgap measures for another week.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Revenant Threshold posted:

Beltran in for Klein. That's the streak of non-injuries since Vaughan broken, but a week off isn't terrible.

That said, nothing wrong with a nice black pudding. Of course, I also like haggis, so.

One of my players also fell ill a while back for the same reason. Maybe the Yanks don't like a proper Full English?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Delahanty moves to 2B for the week to give Whitaker a rest, Cabrera comes back in at SS.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

I think one of the main reasons the new breed is falling so far behind the old guard that the loving Splinter Cells can win is twofold: The good feeders are drying up, and the older teams have had up to six seasons to fill the gaps their feeder teams had with trades.

Giving EC teams access to better feeders, or just more points worth of feeders, would address this I reckon. Give them 12 points of feeders instead of ten so they can patch their own gaps and they should be at about the level of a 2-3 season veteran.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

You are all talking American with your Draft System thingymajiggies and I am officially lost...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Mosesby to the DL, Delahanty to DH, Whitaker to 2B.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Delahanty to SS, Cabrera to the bench, Howard Johnson to DH.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Smasher, is it possible to check if Pete Alexander's injury was stat-changing?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Last time I get to use this banner, sigh...

Line-up
  1. Duke Snider (CF)
  2. Al Simmons (LF)
  3. Lou Whitaker (2B)
  4. Babe Ruth (RF)
  5. John Olerud (1B)
  6. Scot Rolen (3B)
  7. Lloyd Moseby (DH)
  8. Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
  9. Ted Smimmons (C) (Daulton is Cy Young's personal catcher)

Bids!
Smith and a 2nd round pick for Orosco
Grimes and a ratings challenge for Carlton
Ratings challenge and Stoddard for Gardener

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Executive Decision time!
Today is my birthday, which means in the next couple of hours or so I will probably get quite tipsy and/or merry (two of the lesser known dwarfs). With that in mind, assume all bids I make tonight are a mistake, and don't confirm them 'till tomorrow please, thanks Smasher!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Will my Pete Alexander be fit and ready for the bobblehead series?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Let's listen to Smasher, Ruth to DH and Moseby to RF!

Play-off Roster

Batting:
#1: John Olerud (1B)
#2: Duke Snider (CF)
#3: Lou Whitaker (2B)
#4: Babe Ruth (DH)
#5: Scott Rolen (3B)
#6: Lloyd Moseby (RF)
#7: Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
#8: Al Simmons (LF)
#9: Ted Simmons (C) Daulton will catch for Cy Young still.

Bench
Mark Grace (1B)
Saint Bellhorn (IF)
Jose Cruz (OF)
Darren Daulton (C)
Howard Johnson (3B/Lefty pinch hitter)

Pitching
#1: Jack McDowell (R)
#2: Sandy Koufax (L)
#3: Cy Young (R)
#4: Jeff Tesreau (R)
Setup: Rob Nenn
SR: Dave Smith
SR: Kazuhiro Sasaki
MR: Eri Yoshida
LR: Burleigh Grimes

May I wish good luck to all those competing in the gauntlet, I've been there and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Pick Em!

Pick the winners, games (out of 5) and final
South Bolton Eazy W's vs. [b]Chicago Bobbleheads
in 6

Despite voting against me, I feel compelled to tell you that the Bobbleheads winning in 6 games in a 5 game series is pretty loving unlikely...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Expansion Cup Owners!
I want your draft picks, so hit me up with what you'd like in return and let's get to trading!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Viscount Slim posted:

Submitted for Discussion because Someone Has To, the

Bearers Gauntlet Roster!

SS Luke Appling
CF Kenny Lofton
1B Willie McCovey
RF Lance Berkman/Bobby Bonds
LF Al Simmons
C Ted Simmons
DH Willie Mays
3B Stan Hack
2B Craig Biggio

C Victor Martinez (Catches for Marichal)
IF Joe Cronin
OF Dale Murphy
UT Phil Cavaretta

#1 Mordecai Brown
#2 Juan Marichal
#3 Gaylord Perry
#4 Curt Schilling
Mopup Ted Lyons
Closer Bruce Sutter
Setup Todd Worrell
Short Relief Roberto Hernandez
Short Relief Steve Hamilton
Middle Relief Paul Assenmacher
Long Relief Tom Seaver

Looking forward to a corporate obituary consisting of crickets and unintelligible muttering.

Sure, whatever, my apathy dissuades me from arguing...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

mrnoun posted:

the Daydreamers hoped to become the first British in Super-League history to not be astonishingly disappointing!

I will end you...

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Roster and Batting Order
#1: Lou Whitaker (2B)
#2: John Olerud (1B0
#3: Duke Snider (CF)
#4: Babe Ruth (RF)*
#5: Ed Delahanty (DH)*
#6: Scott Rolen (3B)
#7: Al Simmons (LF)
#8: Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
#9: Ted Simmons (C)**

* - Platoon Delahanty and Moseby. When Moseby's in the line up he plays at RF and Babe Ruth plays at DH.
** - Daulton catches for Young and Alexander

Bench:
Lloyd Moseby (OF)
Darren Daulton (C)
Mark Bellhorn (IF)
Mark Grace (1B)
Howard Johnson (3B)

Pitching
#1: Jack McDowell
#2: Sandy Koufax
#3: Pete Alexander
#4: Cy Young
#5: Jeff Tesreau
Set-up: Robb Nen
Short Relief: Dave Smith
Short Relief: Kazuhiro Sasaki
Middle Relief: Eri Yoshida
Long Relief: Burleigh Grimes

Minors
Kirk Gibson (OF)
Ron Perranoski (P)
Terry Puhl (OF)

Trade Bait
A small selection of players who could do you some good, I am open to offers for others as well. I am looking for catching and left-handed pitching of all kinds.

'72 Ted Simmons - His bat is good enough but with my groundball pitching his defence just isn't up to my standards. If you want a 1-9 that can swing a bat then you can definitely do worse

'86 Kirk Gibson - An outfielder and reliable bat, maybe not superstar quality but he'll definitely fill a gap and can certainly play a role in most teams.

?? Terry Puhl - Like Gibson, not quite as good (but cheaper)

?? Johnny Roseboro - A bench catcher who bats leftie and would make a good platoon partner for your rightie catcher.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

mks5000 posted:

Oh hi, it's me again

With my recent acquisition of Ozzie Smith, I am now elbow deep in Shortstops, and still have another position I'm looking to upgrade. Basically, I want an everyday center fielder, and am willing to part with the following to get one.

1995 SS Derek Jeter
1972 OF Bobby Murcer
AND my Supplemental round pick (66)

I also have decent relief pitching depth in my feeders, so feel free to look around. As always I am willing to negotiate. PM me or post in the thread, and I may be on IRC later tonight.

How does Kirk Gibson sound?

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

CraigK posted:

New Orleans Mashers Trade Block

'64 Jim Fregosi - Didn't hit worth a drat for me, but rolled an 86/95 and could wreck poo poo in the Super League.

'10 Cliff Lee - My lovely defense let him down, but is a 91 OVR and doesn't give up many dingers and will pitch very well if you have an average defense behind him.

not Dick Allen - Dick Allen is Ours and You Can't Have Him

Looking for OFers, basically.

I have fond memories of Cliff Lee... Take my Kirk Gibson!

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

In the absence of anything better, we will take '11 John Axford. Roster and trade bait post to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

ForeverBWFC posted:

Roster and Batting Order
#1: '86 Lou Whitaker (2B)
#2: '99 John Olerud (1B0
#3: '61 Duke Snider (CF)
#4: '26 Babe Ruth (RF)*
#5: '02 Ed Delahanty (DH)*
#6: '04 Scott Rolen (3B)
#7: '29 Al Simmons (LF)
#8: '09 Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
#9: '82 Ted Simmons (C)**

* - Platoon Delahanty and Moseby. When Moseby's in the line up he plays at RF and Babe Ruth plays at DH.
** - Daulton catches for Young and Alexander

Bench:
'25 Lloyd Moseby (OF)
'93 Darren Daulton (C)
'03 Mark Bellhorn (IF)
'03 Mark Grace (1B)
'85 Howard Johnson (3B)

Pitching
#1: '93Jack McDowell
#2: '61 Sandy Koufax
#3: '?? Pete Alexander
#4: '03 Cy Young
#5: '12 Jeff Tesreau
Closer: '90 Rob Dibble
Set-up: '97 Robb Nen
Short Relief: '88 Dave Smith
Short Relief: '01 Kazuhiro Sasaki
Middle Relief: '?? Eri Yoshida
Long Relief: ?? Burleigh Grimes

Minors
'86 Kirk Gibson (OF)
'11 John Axford (RP)
'?? Terry Puhl (OF)

Trade Bait
A small selection of players who could do you some good, I am open to offers for others as well. I am looking for catching and left-handed pitching of all kinds.

'72 Ted Simmons - His bat is good enough but with my groundball pitching his defence just isn't up to my standards. If you want a 1-9 that can swing a bat then you can definitely do worse

'86 Kirk Gibson - An outfielder and reliable bat, maybe not superstar quality but he'll definitely fill a gap and can certainly play a role in most teams.

?? Terry Puhl - Like Gibson, not quite as good (but cheaper)

?? Johnny Roseboro - A bench catcher who bats leftie and would make a good platoon partner for your rightie catcher.

Added the years I know, the others require me to do some digging and/or researching I'm a bit too tired/apathetic to do atm.