Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Hello, I'm tatankatonk and I will be running the Expansion Cup this season. I don't have PMs, so if you have any questions just leave them in the thread, or pop into the irc at #thesuperleague. Good luck picking your feeder teams!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

That's a lot of players who are going to freak out when they realize management isn't turning a blind eye to mysterious vitamins anymore.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

NotThatSamBeckett posted:

Claiming:
1902 Bronchos/Naps
1985 Cardinals
1901 Beaneaters
1902 Reds
1981 Mets
1986 Pirates poo poo, hang on - beaten by a minute

I might be crazy, but I have a half-assed plan!

Include your point values dawg!!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Archie Goodwin posted:

totally awful for no apparent reason

Well, West Virginia was a pretty big reason.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Here's who's on the board so far:

1. Second City Saints (Senerio)
2. Ryleh [sic] Cultists (Cthulhu Dreams)
3. Archie Goodwins (Archie Goodwin)
4. Norfolk Splinter Cells (Ordius)
5. Dublin Leprechauns (Ionnracht)
6. Barrow Daydreamers (gingemidget)
7. Brookline Ted Sox (Mooseontheloose)
8. Antarctic Unspecifieds (blackmongoose)
9. Idaho Potatoes (Grinnblade)
10. Vice City Goose Eggs (Armitage)
11. Revenant Thresholds (Revenant Thresholds)
12. Neds (Ned)
13. ??? Postmodernists (Notthatsambeckett)
14. Portland Bulldogs (Outrunner)
15. Great Googly-Mooglies (TheGoog)

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 5, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

What year is your Speaker?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

:siren: Trade Offer :siren:

Tigres de San Juan receive:
1935 Jimmie Foxx

Rlyeh Cultists receive:
1978 Mike Schmidt
2011 Jose Valverde

Forgive us, Mike. We will never forget you.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Before you make this ground-breaking trade, tatankatonk, I'd like to remind you of five very crucial facts.

1. '35 Foxx can't play third.
2. The only other third baseman on your roster is Richie Hebner.
3. You really can't be sure that you're going to win that auction for Miguel Cabrera, and if you don't, then your third baseman, under this trade, will be Richie Hebner.
4. If your starting third baseman is Richie Hebner, then you are going to get relegated.
5. If you are relegated, your obit is going to be the equivalent of 10 pages of me telling you what a bad trade this was.

I know. I know. Things are being sorted out.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

:siren:Trade Offer!:siren:

'65 Harmon Killebrew

Antarctic Unspecifieds receive:
'43 Bill Dickey

OR

'65 Harmon Killebrew
'65 Earl Battey

Antarctic Unspecifieds receive:
'01 Ivan Rodriguez

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Do NOT listen to mrnoun! He is an agent of the great Satan, Matt Keough!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Also, I mean, there's the Rodriguez deal. Whichever one he wants. But mrnoun's offer is definitely worse, he's not even offering you a catcher, which is what you need, AND he wants three players? Goodness gracious.

e: I didn't even notice he's trying to steal Hornsby from you :laffo:

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 6, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

mrnoun posted:

The Luna Landers offer:
1934 Gabby Hartnett
1970 Jim Fregosi

The Antarctic Unspecifieds offer:
1965 Harmon Killebrew
1965 Earl Battey

:psyduck:

That is one of the worst trades I have ever seen. Jesus.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

The Tigres are 1.5 games out of the division lead. The Senor Goodtimes division is incredibly volatile and competitive. I am not overly concerned about having to hold on to Mike Schmidt, the greatest 3rd baseman of all time, if that's what it comes down to.

Expansion owners, do you love the Yankees? The Knicks? The Celtics? All of those horrible, rich teams with their unbelievably annoying fans? That's who the Luna Landers are. Support the little guy. Deal with the Tigres.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Would you trade Jimmie Foxx for a random nameless third baseman who's hitting .170 with a .530 OBP?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Hey, new owners! I need a couple of spare relief pitchers. Nothing fancy, just somebody serviceable. Hit me up and we can trade spare parts.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Trade Offer:

2002 Billy Koch

Philadelphia Longshots receive:
1978 Larry Bowa

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

The Tigres-Longshots trade is approved. Useless reliever for useless infielder!

More useless than Jose Valverde? Impossible!!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

All right, let's call it.

Registration is over!

tatankatonk

Time for you to get to work.

Gotcha.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

The Tigres are going to bow out of the Foxx/Schmidt trade.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Having to make these rosters by hand has me hating these new teams already, so kill half of them.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

1.B
2.D
3.B
4.D
5.A
6.B
7.A
8.C
9.D, Pete Rose through 2012, Barry Bonds if he doesn't make it in in 2013
10.A
11.A
12.B
13.A
14.B
15.D

The Hover-Mazda's navigation software will never withstand the EMP storms that roll across Iowa. Get on your cyber-horse, befriend the commutants, and have them lead you to the raiders. Once you've got the infosphere back, use its hidden powers to redirect the EMP storms towards the UP, preventing Severn's robot hordes from ever crossing into America.

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Aug 10, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

:siren: Trade Offer: :siren:

2004 Armando Benitez
2004 A.J. Burnett
2011 Dan Runzler

Oxbridge Mathematicians receive:
1943 Joe Gordon

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Ordius posted:

Trade Bait
I need pitching of all types. I have a boatload of hitting. I've got John Olerud with a career OPS+ of 129. I've got the Saint of Bellhorn. I've got Jim Rice, Hall of Famer LF with an OPS+ of 137. Mike Greenwell, with a career BA over 300 and a career OPS+ of 121. Just tell me what you're interested in.

I'm interested in Bellhorn and Rice, what years are they? I've got a lot of pitching to offer, I'd be willing to offer a #4 or #5 guy for Bellhorn, and obviously a lot more pieces for Rice.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Ordius, can you post your roster with the years next to your players?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Ordius posted:

If you have an email address, I can send you the roster file.

tatankatonksl@gmail.com

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Goog, what year is your Bagwell?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

The Goog posted:

My Bagwell is 2001. He also finds my team's brand of psychedelic funk to be much to his liking; you may find it difficult to persuade the Mooglies to part with him.

No I mean he wasn't on your roster and I had to make a new one.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Expansion Cup!: Opening Day

: Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Opening Day, which will kick off the sixth annual Expansion Cup! Teams will test their stuff against other hopefuls, and either be awarded fabulous prizes or the cold reassurance that their team is awful! We're starting things off with a series between two teams: the Rlyeh Cultists, and the Norfolk Splinter Cells. I'm Eddie Murray, and my co-host is my Tigres de San Juan teammate, and Hall of Fame third baseman, Mike Schmidt.
: Hi, Eddie. Aren't you excited? This is my favorite time of the year!
: Yes, the Expansion Cup is a fun time for all involved.
: What? Expansion Cup? No, it's Shark Week! Sharks!
: Focus on your job, Mike. Today's two teams are Splinter Cells and the Cultists. Both of these teams are based around a core of solid hitting.
: Yeah. The Cultists are more built around power, though, while the Cells have the better contact hitters. Foxx, Hornsby, Banks, and all the rest mean the Cells' pitching staff is going to have to be really sharp to win this three-game series. Thankfully, they've got a solid one.
: Actually, they Cells just traded away Bill Donovan for...basically nothing.
: Seriously? New owners just shouldn't trade with veterans. The Cells still have Clemens to start the series off, so let's see if he can smother the Cultists' lineup.
: And the Cultists have Randy Johnson! Let's watch.

: drat! Blanked by Randy Johnson. Well, at least the Cells can walk away knowing they were beaten by the best.
: Hopefully Johnson can pitch like that the entire season. He's 38, and Curt Schilling is 35, so injuries and flameouts are going to be worrying Rlyeh all season long.
: It's why you try and get aces in their prime, Eddie. Hey, did you know sharks continually shed their teeth and grow new sets, and that some sharks can grow up to 35,000 teeth in a lifetime?
: Where did you get that pamphlet? Put it away and talk about the game!
: A guy was handing them out just now. I told you it was Shark Week, right?
: Shut up about sharks!
: Fine. For a second there, I thought CthulhuDreams had shot himself in the foot by putting his power-hitting team in a huge stadium. Well, I still think he did, actually. When you've got that many great hitters, put them in a place where they can get as many balls over the fence as possible. Who're the starters for the next game?
: Curt Schilling for the Cultists, and Ed Summers for the Cells. The Cells left a bunch of runners in scoring position stranded on the bases last game. Let's see if they can be more effective this time around.

: Short answer: Yes! Ed Summers pays the Cultists back with a great one run, nine-inning performance! Curt Schilling held the Cells to just one run through the sixth, but then a monster 3-run homer by Mike Piazza blew the game wide open and sent Schilling packing. Good news for the Cells, who tie the series up at 1-1.
: Good show by the Cells. Of course, it's too early to know whether Summers will be any good, but any time you can coax a performance like that out of a knuckleballer, it's a good thing. You know what they normally say: "Try to win with the knuck, you're gonna get fu-"
: Wait, what are you eating?
: Shark honey. Want some?
: Sharks...don't make honey.
: That's not what those vendors outside the stadium said!
: Goddamnit, Mike! I keep telling you not to buy from those guys! They're not licensed! If you get botulism again, I'm not driving you to the hospital this time.
: Shark honey is very real, Eddie, and very good! It's the best thing since...hrk...ggh...
: Are you choking? Whatever. Next game has Zack Greinke starting for the Cultists, and a 41-year old Tom Seaver starting for the Cells! Let's see who starts the year off by taking home a series!

: Well, that was decisive. Tom Seaver pitches a complete game despite his age, and the Cells obliterate the Cultists, taking the series 2-1!.
: Oh god...I thought I was dying...
: The Cultists are going to have to address the fact that they're in a huge stadium even though their baserunners aren't particularly fast, and that most of their hitters are sluggers, not speedy contact hitters. The Cells, on the other hand, are going to have to deal with the fact that they just gave up three very good players for a handful of crap!
: Uggh...Eddie...hey, Eddie...
: What.
: For a second there...I thought I was...finished, hahaha...
: God. Well, that wraps up our somewhat misleadingly titled, three-day long Opening Day series! See you on Wednesday, when we'll be going over the entire month of April!

Next: Springtime for Hitler the new owners! The custom avatars are added! Shark Week continues on!

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Expansion Cup Injury Report - May 1st

Hakata Runnin' Ramen
Moises Alou, LF - Caught under a bus overturned by rioting fangirls - 27 days
Kelly Johnson, 2B - Hit by bullet train - 170 days

Idaho Potatoes
Scot Shields, RP - OD'ed on potatoes - 27 days

Lombard Street Gumshoes
Sal Maglie, SP - Asked too many questions - 11 days
Darrell Porter, C - Saw something he shouldn't have - 173 days
Willie Mays, CF - Forget it Archie, it's the Super-League - 10 days

Norfolk Splinter Cells
Mike Boddicker, SP - Failed to guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex - 131 days

Oxbridge Mathematicians
Brian Wilson, RP - Strained beard - 4 days

Polyarny Postmodernists
Willie McGee, CF - Deconstructed - 22 days

Rated R Superstars
Chris Carpenter, SP - Leapt from third-story window after seventh consecutive committee meeting - 10 days

Rlyeh Cultists
Gabby Hartnett, C - Accidentally looked at a Shoggoth - 9 days

St. Paul Bearers
Gaylord Perry, SP - Hunger Strike - 12 days

Vice City Goose Eggs
Ken Williams, LF - Abducted by Great Pumpkin - 26 days

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Archie Goodwin posted:

Mean streets, indeed.

However, I, uh, don't have Darrell Porter on my team? '78 Downing and '87? '91? Don Slaught (from the Ws) should be my only catchers.

How deep does this conspiracy go?? fixed.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

cbx posted:

Just out of curiosity, that seems like an awful lot of injuries. Are you sure your injury slider is set to -50%?

I've got it at -40%, as per Smasher's instructions.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Expansion Cup!: April

: Remember, owners: roster changes will be in effect starting after this update, so keep your panicking to yourselves.
: Hey, when do we see the Splinter Cells play again?
: Why, did you like seeing their style of play?
: What? Uh, I guess. I just like seeing Ichiro...Ichiro...

If you're wondering why you went 10-6, it's pretty simple: you didn't get nearly enough production out of your infield, and Doak is not a super-league ace.

A lineup anchored by Frank Thomas and a pitching rotation anchored by the '93 Braves' pitching staff? You're the favorite to win the division.

I don't hate it he thought, panting in the cold air, the iron New England dark; I don't. I don't! I don't hate it! I don't hate it!

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and I could have killed 'em all, I could kill you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go.

Also, your setup man and closer pitched a combined total of 4.1 innings this month, so, good job, Leprechaun starters.

Monte Pearson is killing it! He won't keep this up, though.

Don Sutton and Pedro Martinez having incredible Aprils really pulled your acorns out of the fire, but your other pitchers better bring their numbers down or you're going to be looking down the business end of a sub .500 record real quickly.

Poor Potatoes. They can never seem to catch a break. You really need a better first baseman in the worst way.

Willie Mays is out for two weeks, so don't expect any miracles. The rest of this team is boring, so hurry up and make a poisonous rivalry with another team already!

On any given day in real life, Andrew McCutchen is either the best or second best center-fielder in baseball. The problem is that Mogul loves established players over modern, young players, so he's probably not going to be the elite force you expected him to be. You also have a good middle of the lineup, but your terrible rotation is going to make any efforts on their part moot. Upgrade your pitching!

Cobb and Ichiro are hitting like demons right now, making Cabrera's job easier. Miggy's glove is absolutely god-awful at third, though. I think I saw about ten balls go past him when I watched the Cells play the Cultists. If you can find a third-baseman and another #5 starter to replace the fallen Boddicker, you'll have a really strong team, and you'll need it, because you're going to be fighting the Cultists for first place for the rest of the season.

: Ichiro...

Nobody on your team is hitting! Or at least they're not hitting like they should be hitting, so give it another month before freaking out. Wilbur Cooper is a fastball-reliant pitcher who has no power and can only muster 87 going over the plate. He's going to get clobbered until you replace him.

Here's the team nobody expected to become a juggernaut, because I doubt anyone but you realized how loving fast your baserunners are. Ignoring Darrell Porter, the slowest speed in your starting lineup is 89, and the lowest contact rating is 88. Add in your deadball pitchers and your giant foggy monstrosity of a ballpark, and you've got probably the most exciting and dangerous team in the Cup.

Am I sad that the two SAS posters' teams are doing poorly? Yes, because SAS posters are usually cool, and more importantly, they don't micromanage their teams like crazy and give me a ton of work. Your biggest problem is that you have one elite hitter in Yaz, two good hitters in Tejada and Ashburn, and then a bunch of players who can't contribute against this level of competition.

Blyleven pitched out of his head in April, and he might be able to sustain an elite ERA like that, but the back end of your rotation is pretty rough, and your bullpen has been horrendous in the limited time it's gotten. The good news? There's no way your lineup remains this inert, so expect better things from them in the future.

To be honest, I'm just not sure you have enough talent to hang in there in your division. You've only got three position players with a rating above 90. Still, your pitching staff is pretty good even if it's anchored by the supremely unreliable Vida Blue, and stranger things have happened than a team with good pitching upsetting its division, so keep your hopes up.

I'm pretty sure Trever Miller's ERA just broke some Super-League records. But don't let that distract you, because you've got bigger problems. Namely, you really need an upgrade at catcher and center field, probably the two rarest commodities in the league. And I really doubt AJ Burnett is going to turn it around, or that a knuckleballer like Cicotte is going to be able to maintain a sub 4.00 ERA for long.

Does this make your retooling the weird mirror opposite of a panic trade? You might have just hosed up a good thing, but hey, I'm sure adding the Big Train and Big Six can't exactly make things worse, right? Right?

Hey, the back of your lineup looks just like the Tigres! Except it's not made up of a bunch of HOFers, so I'm not expecting them to turn it around or be anywhere as cool as Mike Schmidt. Keep the faith with Matthews, obviously.

You guys have put together a nice little team, but it's essentially a bunch of really talented also-rans. Marichal and Perry are dependable enough, but old Doyle Alexander is worrisome, to say the least. Why the hell aren't you playing Biggio at second? Was that my screw up, or yours?

Is Jim Bunning the most underrated Super-League ace ever? I think it's safe to say yes.

: Jesus, that took forever. Game[s] of the Week writeups coming soon!

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Aug 16, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Sorry for any mixups, they'll be corrected in the next update. Just for clarification: the Taggart League hasn't been playing with a DH, but I accidentally took screenshots of their "with DH" lineups.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

That looks great, Cthulhu. I'll work with you on it tomorrow, and everyone can expect the update by tomorrow evening at the latest.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Expansion Cup!: May

: Cthulhudreams has been kind enough to write up a script that provides you both cuts down on our workload and gives you stat nerds more to chew on. There are still some bugs to work out, though, so don't freak out if something is wrong. Vice City and Norfolk didn't work with the script this week, so they get the old information.

Analysis: The middle of your lineup is struggling valiantly to keep your team afloat, but you don't have much outside of Fielder, Braun, and Musial. Your starters have managed to piece together some respectable work, except Gallardo, who needs to be jettisoned immediately. Outside of some masterclass swindling on your part, you're going to be looking at a talent deficit all season.

Analysis: Pitching isn't your problem. Nobody except McGriff is hitting above .300. That's your problem, and Arky Vaughn is in a coma after someone mysteriously attacked him in the library, so the Crime Dog is going to be busy investigating the seamy underbelly of English academia.

Analysis: Your pitchers are looking longingly at the visiting team's dugout. They get run support, so why can't we, they ask. That's when you turn your head away, so they can't see your tears.

Analysis:

Analysis: Good news! Blyleven will continue to reliably rock your opponent's poo poo. Bad news! Old Willie Stargell is not a starting first baseman, or a #3 hitter.

Analysis:The 2011 Texas Rangers do not seem to be the world-beaters one might have assumed. You're probably not this bad, so hang in there and try to catch up to your Pythag.

Analysis:All the marginal trades in the world can't change the fact that the toughest team in your division has Walter Johnson, Christy Mathewson, Rogers Hornsby, Jimmie Foxx, and Tris Speaker, and you don't.

Analysis: Have you ever just said gently caress it while playing Baseball Mogul, and you use commissioner mode to get all your favorite players while you boost their ratings to 100? This sort of feels like that. Barring your team plane crashing into the side of a mountain in the Andes and your players having to resort to cannibalism in a tragic but stirring portrayal of the resilience of the human spirit, we'll see you in the playoffs.

Analysis: You know what would help? Lots and lots of performance enhancing drugs, and also a better shortstop and left fielder.

Analysis: Haunted by the ghost of Harmon Killebrew! Allison and Waner are the obvious problems, but nobody on your team is scoring enough.

Analysis:Gaylord Perry! Needs more strikeouts, though, or his ERA is going to shoot up. Unless your masters conspire to give you more talent, though, you're doomed to come in second after Polyarny.

Analysis: I'm not going to lie, I was shocked when I saw your record. And then I remembered you were in the easiest division, and that you're barely squeaking by in games, judging by your run differential. If your pitchers can keep up the good work, hopefully your runners can score enough to get you a division title.

Analysis Sain is a pimple on the face of an otherwise sterling rotation. You also need a new leadoff hitter. Tris Speaker is pretty good at that sort of thing, I hear.

Analysis: A much better month gives you the division lead. Like the Daydreamers, you're slightly outperforming your pythag, so hopefully Hero of the People, First-Class Orlando Cepeda can continue to hit like Babe Ruth.

Analysis::siren: Bullpen alert!:siren:

:siren: Bullpen alert!:siren:

Analysis: Our bodies are given form from the midst of nothingness. Existing where there is nothing is the meaning of the phrase "Form is emptiness." That all things are provided for by nothingness is the meaning of the phrase, "Emptiness is form." One should not think that these are two separate.

Analysis: I have nothing to add, Grinnblade, because your team is an abomination unto God and Man, and also Francisco Rodriguez has been pretty good so far. The rest of your team, well, uh, fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Analysis: You know what? The Long Goodbye (1973) is criminally underrated. Elliot Gould did a really stellar job, very understated performance. You've got more talent than Barrow, and you'll probably start pulling ahead soon.

Analysis:Mike Piazza was worth it after all!

Analysis: Jim Bunning continues to be great, and you've got a winning record in a winnable division. McManus and Moseby are going to kill you, though.

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 20, 2012

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Injury Report*

Hakata Runnin' Ramen
Ted Simmons, C - Tried to commit ritual suicide after equipment manager died, claiming a loyal retainer should not outlive his master - 141 days

Lombard Street Gumshoes
Don Slaught, C - Team doctors rushed to Darrell Porter's room after monitors reported heart failure, only to find Don Slaught, who claimed he had been with the team the whole time! - 0 days, roster fixed for real this time

Madison Mudholes
LaTroy Hawkins, RP - Bereavement leave after death of pet pig, 11 days

Oxbridge Mathematicians
Arky Vaughn, SS - Choked on biscuit while watching television, then was beaten by Fred McGriff in an effort to stage a crime to drum up interest in a "Crime Dog" reality show, 26 days

Poughskeepie Superbas
Josh Hamilton, LF - The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men, 189 days

*All injuries visible on overview screen but not listed here are like 4 days or less in duration

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Expansion Cup: June!

Analysis: You're officially hopelessly behind in the standings. The good news is that your problems are pretty clear-cut: You need a super-league quality center-fielder, and few more dependable starting pitchers. With your record, you'll be getting some high picks in the draft, so hang on to them for dear life!

Analysis: A good month! Lincecum is pitching like the ace he isn't anymore in real life, and the rest of your staff is doing laudable jobs as well. Jay Bell isn't really working out at second or as a leadoff hitter. You're in the most competitive division in the Cup, so another good month like this and you might find yourself in the lead for good.

Analysis: Del Ennis is about to be busted for steroid use any second now, but until he is, keep riding the dream! The top of your rotation is working miracles right now, but you're never going to break out of the cellar as long as your lineup remains this barren.

Analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCRae5mRoRE

Analysis: The Superstars turning into a good team overnight pretty much kills any hope for the postseason. Again, there's a silver lining, as your needs are pretty simple. A better outfield and better back of the rotation guys, and you'll be set.

Analysis: What went wrong? It probably has to do with that lineup: Just not enough talent to compete with the better teams, and a crucial injury to Josh Hamilton at exactly the worst time possible. Trade up or down in the draft, so that you either get more players to patch up more holes, or a super-elite player that can carry your anemic lineup.

Analysis: Not surprisingly, adding four elite players results in a very good month. A.J. Burnett remains, though, and do you really want to lose every fifth game because of him?

Analysis: A challenger for the division title has arisen, and you'll be locked in combat with the Superstars for the rest of the season. Jimmie Foxx is languishing in the #2 hole. Put somebody, or two somebodies, ahead of him so his power isn't wasted.

Analysis: Those trades certainly helped you, but with Piazza out for the season, you're probably done. And why does Mogul hate HOF third basemen so much??

Analysis: Your rotation is underperforming, and you're being outscored by an alarming amount. Find another hitter, or die!

Analysis: Come back when you're not currently being auctioned off.

Analysis: Well, the Gumshoes are determined to make it a race. And I don't care if he's the only shortstop you've got, Peckinpaugh is murdering your loving lineup!

Analysis: Kevin Brown's out for two months? Well, you weren't going very far with that infield anyway. Your best bet right now is to tank and draft a better 2B, SS, and 3B. Not that I endorse tanking, of course.

Analysis: Uh, did you kill Johnny Hopp and steal his luck, or something? You're either going to plummet spectacularly or continue to inexplicably win games.

Analysis: Bagwell is slumping like crazy. Beat the leprechauns, dammit! The Pythagorean will not be made a fool of!

Analysis: Even with all of your injuries, you've still managed to keep within 5 games of the lead. Don't give up, little Runnin' Ramen! The children of Japan are counting on you!

Analysis: Dead on arrival.

Analysis: How are you hanging with the Daydreamers? Well, Willie Mays is the leading MVP candidate, and Nolan Ryan has a SO/9 of 12.31. Hank Thompson remains a complete disaster.

Analysis: Ken Griffey is falling apart, but your biggest problem is outside of your control. Now you have TWO extremely powerful divisionmates, which means that many more losses.

Analysis: Bunning continues his reign of terror. You should spend some of that illicit drug money on a better centerfielder, before Moseby buries you.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

The Goog posted:

If it's quarter after three in the morning, it must be :siren: trading time!!! :siren:

Great Googly-Mooglies get: 2003 Jose Valverde
Ryleh Cultists get: A second-round Super Draft pick, to be determined at the time of the Super Draft. The Mooglies currently own their picks, as well as those of the Second City Saints; the Cultists will receive the later of those two picks.

You know Valverde is bad, right

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Cthulhudreams, you still want Mays for Speaker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Hey St. Paul Bearers: I'll trade you Steve Carlton for your injured Juan Marichal.