Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012
Okay, I think I'll take a shot at this.

I'd like the 2007 Reds for 1 point, the 2003 Mariners for 3 points, the 1986 Red Sox for 4 points and the 1910 Tigers for 3 points. That should be 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012
Okay. Here's my attempt at a team.

Team Name: Norfolk Splinter Cells

Team Logo:

Home City: Norfolk, VA

Home Stadium: Clancy Field (Military-themed Great American Ballpark from Cincinnati, OH)

DH Preference: Sure, if I can. If not, no sweat.

28-Man Roster: Will post tomorrow.

Sliders: I got to figure those out still.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012
Team Name: Norfolk Splinter Cells

Team Logo:

Home City: Norfolk, VA

Home Stadium: Clancy Field (Military-themed Great American Ballpark from Cincinnati, OH)

DH Preference: Sure, if I can. If not, no sweat.

28-Man Roster:
From the Reds: David Ross, Adam Dunn, Josh Hamilton, Ken Griffy Jr, Joey Votto, Mark Bellhorn.
From the Mariners: John Olerud, Bret Boone, Carlos Guillen, Ichiro Suzuki, Edgar Martinez, Shiggy Hasegawa, Rafael Soriano, Kazuhiro Sasaki, Armando Benitez.
From the Red Sox: Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens, Oil Can Boyd, Tom Seaver, Joe Sambito, Bruce Hurst, Rich Gedman.
From the Tigers: Jim Delahanty, Sam Crawford, Ty Cobb, Bill Donovan, Ed Summers, George Mullin.

Sliders: I got to figure those out still.

Ordius fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 4, 2012

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012
Can I trade players from my team with the established teams now, Smasher?

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

cbx posted:

Ordius: I want Ty Cobb. If you're interested in trading, what are you looking for? I have some great starting pitching (I don't think Oil Can Boyd is gonna pan out for you and I don't know what your backup plan is...), and whatever else might tickle your fancy. Let me know.

Ty Cobb is one of the best hitters of all time. You're going to have to blow me away.

If I'm being optimistic, I'm looking for a modern pitcher to replace a deadballer, a comparative top CF and a cherry on top, so.

Cobb can go for that Doug Fister, Mickey Mantle, and... Roger Maris.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

cbx posted:

Don't you already have a poo poo-ton of outfielders on your roster? I'm giving away two of my best in this deal, plus a decent pitcher, when you could just pull from your feeders and have a competent outfield. I'd want something more from this. If I'm giving up both Mantle and Maris, then I want Sam Crawford thrown in, along with Tom Seaver.

I need to think this over. I'm not sure about losing Crawford for Maris, even though I've got a smaller ballpark and Maris has more power.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Here we go.

Roster:
Starting 9

Cobb RF
Suzuki LF
Boggs 3B
Griffy Jr DH
Hamilton CF
Olerud 1B
Guillen SS
Ross C
Boone 2B

Bench

Crawford OF
Dunn LF
Bush IF
Delahanty IF
Votto 1B
Martinez 1B/DH
Bellhorn IF

Pitching:

Clemens SP
Summers SP
Donovan SP
Hurst SP
Seaver SP

Benitez CL
Sasaki SU
Soriano SR
Sambito SR
Hasegawa MR
Mullin LR

Bullpen Bench
Boyd SP

Sliders
Hit and Run and Bunt/Squeeze sliders up to +4
Defensive Replacement slider down to -3

Trade Bait
I need pitching of all types. I have a boatload of hitting. I've got Adam Dunn from 2007 before he hit his career low, I've got Edgar Martinez with an OPS+ of 141 and a career OPS+ of 147, I've got John Olerud (unless I win the auction bid, in which case Martinez and Olerud are gone) with a career OPS+ of 129. I've got rookie Joey Votto, I've got the Saint of Bellhorn. I've got Jim Rice, Hall of Famer LF with an OPS+ of 137 and Dwight Evans, All-Star RF with an OPS+ of 131 and a multiple Gold Glove winner. Mike Greenwell, with a career BA over 300 and a career OPS+ of 121. Seriously. LOTS of hitting. Just tell me what you're interested in.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Archie Goodwin posted:

Seems like a fortuitous overlap. I'm interested in most of those guys, honestly, so let's do a few swaps?

e: I think I'd prioritize Evans/Rice/Votto, because Big Donkey Dunn isn't quite a fit for my team, sadly, and I'm not using a DH. 2003 Gar Martinez in the field might be optimistic.

I'm interested in LaRoche. The availability of Evans and Votto are currently tied up in an auction bid, but I still have Rice available.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Archie Goodwin posted:

Fine with LaRoche for Evans.

Okay, let's trade.

The Splinter Cells jettison the services of Mr. Dwight Evans and approve the contract buyout of Mr. LaRoche.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Here we go.

Roster:
Starting 9

Cobb RF
Rice LF
Boggs 3B
Cabrera 1B
Piazza C
Griffey Jr DH
Crawford CF
Bush SS
Delahanty 2B

Bench

Suzuki OF
Guillen IF
Olerud 1B
Bellhorn IF
Ross C

Pitching:

Clemens SP
Summers SP
Donovan SP
Hurst SP
Seaver SP

Benitez CL
Sasaki SU
Soriano SR
LaRoche SR
Hasegawa MR
Mullin LR

Bullpen Bench

Boyd SP
Putz RP

Sliders
Hit and Run and Bunt/Squeeze sliders up to +4
Defensive Replacement slider down to -3

Trade Bait
I need pitching of all types. I have a boatload of hitting. I've got John Olerud with a career OPS+ of 129. I've got the Saint of Bellhorn. I've got Jim Rice, Hall of Famer LF with an OPS+ of 137. Mike Greenwell, with a career BA over 300 and a career OPS+ of 121. Just tell me what you're interested in.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

tatankatonk posted:

I'm interested in Bellhorn and Rice, what years are they? I've got a lot of pitching to offer, I'd be willing to offer a #4 or #5 guy for Bellhorn, and obviously a lot more pieces for Rice.

Saint Bellhorn is from 2003 Cincinnati, and Jim Rice is of the 1986 Boston Red Sox. I don't know if I'm gonna move Rice, though. I'd need a new LF plus some pitching to do so, since he is now my starter out there. Bellhorn would require a new backup infielder plus an arm.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

tatankatonk posted:

Ordius, can you post your roster with the years next to your players?

If you have an email address, I can send you the roster file.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Very well. Cabrera to 1st Base, Guillen to 3rd Base, Donie Bush to Shortstop. I had a go with Cabrera at 3rd, but apparently it hasn't worked out.

Also, please allow Mr. Mullin to take the 5th spot in the rotation, and bring up Oil Can Boyd to the Long Relief position. Thanks.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Is it possible to get my defensive stats posted? I only have the batting and pitching stats, and I'd like to see how the old timers are doing in the field, as well as how Ichiro is handling left field.

Oh, also. Could you put in JJ Putz in Shiggy's spot, and put Oil Can Boyd in long relief, and move George Mullin to Boddicker's spot in the rotation? I had requested these changes last update, but it seems as if they weren't made.

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

While losing hamilton isn't exactly "optimal", the news that the expansion gauntlet isn't happening at least means that I have free liscense to experiment!

New Lineup v. both:

RF Reggie Jackson
1B Don Mincher
C Mike Napoli
3b Adrian Beltre
2B Michael Young
LF Nelson Cruz
CF Ken Berry (until Monday gets back, then put him in)
P
SS Elvis Andrus

Aparicio is demoted to AAA to call up Andrus.

As for pitching - Neftali Feliz and Alexei Ogando temporarily move to the 4 and 5 slots, with Wood/John going to middle relief.

On the trade front, I'm still looking for an Outfielder or Shortstop of the competent variety, if anyone has one they are willing to part with.

I have Jim Rice (92) and Mike Greenwell (91/96) that are both Left Fielders. What would you consider parting with?

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012
Not particularly, but Mike Adams and that injured Josh Hamilton would.

Edit: Cthulhu just conned factorialite out of his best two pitchers, do you really want to trade with him?

Ordius fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 20, 2012

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012
He's 2011 Texas, Armitage. Go get your own. ;)

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

I'm not super interested in trading Hamilton. Expansion cup results aren't what i'm going for here!

Am willing to put up Adams if the deal is right, though.

Sorry, then. I'm not giving up a HoF-caliber LF for just a bullpen arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ordius
Aug 4, 2012

Nerokerubina posted:

Well what's why I was offering an SP in the first place :v:

You offered Wilbur Wood. That doesn't quite cut it for proven SL performer Jim Rice. The only reason I'm not using him is because Ichiro fits better with my leadoff strategy.