Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

: Okay, let's..

: I. LOOK. GOOD.

: :gonk:

: Ey, chico, it musta been one of these wacky alien drugs, but I woke up this mornin', an' I grew lots and lots of hair. Man, I gotta go back an' get those drugs. I could make mucho dinero sellin' that on the black market cuz there ain't no way the FDA would approve somethin' that came from the deepest parts of the galaxy.

: Whatever.

: I suppose we should do this baseball thing too. I prefer making lots of money but I guess we should continue. Good job decidin' on Pedro Martinez but we still need offense, mang. Here's our updated preferences or somethin'

1st round: 1994 Pedro Martinez or best hitter available
2nd round: 1972 Willie Stargell or best reliever available

: Or we could just move the picks if an offer is good enough. I got no problem with either choice really. We're gonna have t' improve somehow with da Dubbyas, da Bubbleheads, an' the Landers upcomin'. We can do dis, let's make a move up the standings.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

: Startin' one of the toughest stretches in th' Super-League at 2-4 ain't a good start. Mudholes/Potatoes/Dubbyas/Bubbleheads/Mudholes Again/Potatoes Again/Landers/Bubbleheads again..

Yeah I'm gonna take th' Astro Cycle out again and I'm gonna get fuckin' wasted. We better start thinkin' about the Guantlet with that schedule.

: I dunno if this matters, but we drafted 1994 Pedro Martinez and 1972 Bob Johnson.

: Don't we already have a Bob Johnson?

: Yes and it turns out he sucks when it comes to the Super League. He was honestly better in the Expansion Cup, but he ain't working out. This guy is a relief pitcher. Might have gotten hurt at some point which explains the short career, but he's probably better than Papa Grande V. Hell, we might as well just pitch Big Daddy V in that spot.

: I see. Well, let's make some moves, mang.

Rotation:

1) Jim Bunning
2) Juan Marichal
3) Pedro Martinez
4) Frank Tanana
5) Doug Fister

Send Jose Valverde to AAA and just slide in Bob Johnson in his spot, I suppose. Lineups:

vs. left handed pitchers (DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) RF Al Kaline
3) DH George Bell
4) CF Indian Bob Johnson
5) LF Ken Williams
6) 2B Robinson Cano
7) 3B Buddy Bell
8) C Hank Severid
9) SS Tony Fernandez

vs. right handed pitchers (DH)

1) 1B George Sisler
2) 2B Robinson Cano
3) CF Indian Bob Johnson
4) LF Ken Williams
5) RF Al Kaline
6) DH George Bell
7) C Have Severid
8) 3B Buddy Bell
9) SS Tony Fernandez

Looks like we should move either Urban Shocker or Doug Fister, and Jose Valverde. If any of joo guys need pitchin', we need offense, preferably of the SS/3B/LF/CF/C variety. Give Stevie B a call.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

: Worthless. The whole lot of 'em, mang.
Simple changes: Urban Shocker gets swapped with Doug Fister. Cano gets a real short rope now that we actually put him in the lineup. Two weeks? One? No reason to tolerate failure at this point, eh.

Might be time to get Indian Bob Johnson a new home up in th' countryside. He looks like he needs a wide open field to play in on Aunt Jemima's farm. He's available for anyone that wants him.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

: A'ight, chicos, listen up and listen good. This trade? It was made in the other thread but I may as well post it here too.

the Vice City Goose Eggs send 2008 1B/DH Todd Helton to the Mighty Oneida Spooners for their unused CF 1979 Amos Otis

Once the trade is confirmed, put Otis on the bench for now, as we lack a speedy kinda guy off the bench. I don't want to have him start but it looks like if Indian Bob continues to struggle, he's gonna get scalped. Ha ha.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

: Well, it appears that our lineup's been sent to the barrios to learn how to hit. I don't think that makes a lot of sense, unless Johnny wants them to be beaten up by gangs or something.

Amos Otis is only a 72, which is a bit disappointing. Thought he was solid enough to have a place on a bench as a pinch hitting power bar or pinch runner. Not worth the challenge, since his role is pretty much what it's going to be. I would challenge Cano/Bob Johnson/Ken Williams, because they should be considerably better offensively, but it looks like after tomorrow's update they'll be out the door instead.

Mornacale! I still am interested in moving Doug Fister, but I was looking over your feeder teams and I couldn't seem to find a center fielder/left fielder/shortstop that you're not using that would be an offensive upgrade over Johnson/Williams/Tony Fernandez. Jason Kendall from the 2004 Pirates is intriguing to replace Whitt on the bench but I don't know if I'd want to move Fister for him, especially considering the way his ankle blew up that one time in real life and how Mogul would reflect that. Let me know what you are willing to do!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Why did it have to be someone useful? drat it Baseball Mogul can be so cruel.

Before I decide my next move, is there any lasting damage?

Armitage fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 18, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

User 129114 posted:

I definitely don't have an SS to spare, as the position is one of the weaker ones on my squad. In the outfield, Jason Bay has a decent power bat and can steal a few bases. I'm willing to consider parting with Boog Powell, but he's enough of a wild card that I'd really like to see what he does in Expansion League.

I think Kendall is a pretty solid catcher, enough so that I have my top two guys ('32 Lombardi and '68 Freehan) on the trading block. Messing around, he seems to grade out relatively like his real 2004 self: very good contact skills, a decent eye, no power (because of that drat injury), decent glove, reliably healthy (600+ PA every season from 2000-06).

While Jason Bay makes me ill that particular one might be enough of an upgrade over a slumping Ken Williams. Unfortunately at the moment Marichal dying for three weeks makes trading Fister a tricky proposition.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

I feel like we'd be flirting with .450 if anyone was hitting. Maybe I am an optimist.

Anyway, send down Wilbuh and put Kaat into the "rotation." Send down Eric Davis, call up Damon, and rest Bernie with him for the week.

We need some gritty, hard-boiled spirit, so mix Detective Don Slaught into a platoon at catcher.

Welcome to my world when it comes to the whole hitting thing.

Anyway, quick post, no time for effort!

Vice City Goose Eggs

No news about Marichal being broken is good news, I suppose. Juan Marichal to the DL, Doug Fister to the rotation. Fister's gonna have to pull off some of his Expansion Cup magic!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Dunno where Stevie B or John Lackey have run off too this time. Smasher informed me that the W's and Cultists are on deck, and.. welp.

Gonna make a few lineup changes, even though I know this week has the potential to be very ugly.

1925 CF Indian Bob Johnson is still available, and likely could be a decent DH for one of you guys. Also, 2010 2B Robinson Cano is now available. We risked Frank Tanana in a challenge, and it just hasn't worked out. We're still mainly looking for a 2B/SS/CF. 2011 SP Doug Fister will be back on the block once Juan Marichal returns from injury.

: Hey. HEY.

... Oh great.

: Look. I was in the lineup for you guys in the Expansion Cup, and you nearly won it all. You removed me and sent me to AAA, and you guys really suck. Coincidence?

.... Yes. You're not a good hitter, Marty.

: Screw you! Use me or get relegated!

Fine. Marty McManus gets called up, and Tony Fernandez gets sent to AAA.

vs. left handed pitchers (DH)

1) CF Amos Otis
2) 1B George Sisler
3) RF Al Kaline
4) DH George Bell
5) LF Matt Holliday
6) 3B Buddy Bell
7) C Hank Severid
8) 2B Nellie Fox
9) SS Marty McManus

vs. right handed pitchers (DH)

1) CF Amos Otis
2) 1B George Sisler
3) LF Matt Holliday
4) RF Al Kaline
5) DH George Bell
6) C Hank Severid
7) 3B Buddy Bell
8) 2B Nellie Fox
9) SS Marty McManus

Also slider changes:

Stealing Bases: 0
Bringing in Pinch Hitters: +2

Armitage fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 20, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Vice City Goose Eggs

I told Smasher I wouldn't be changing my lineup so much!

Rance Mulliniks gets slid in the lineup at Buddy Bell's spot.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Well.

The kids ain't coming back to this mess. John Lackey is off in outer space somewhere getting high on life and space dust, Big Daddy V is stuck, and Stevie B made enough money to cover his debts and is now free to make fun 80s dance music again. I'm alone again. Naturally. Facing relegation for the third time simply sucks.

The trade with the Elephants is confirmed.

Ron Cey takes Rance Mulliniks' place in the lineup. Mulliniks to the bench and Buddy Bell to the DL. Phil Niekro in Pedro Martinez' spot in the rotation. Pedro did well enough but deserves a better chance. I don't think I'm done trading yet!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Oct 23, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I propose, 3-3 tie, both Bob Welches are sent to Vice City. At this point it's probably a worse fate for them than being shot into the sun. Though, with the way my offense has been this season, two pitchers are probably somehow an offensive upgrade.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Wasn't just Rance, man. We never got off to any sort of start hitting wise. If guys like Ken Williams, Indian Bob Johnson, and Robinson Cano would have hit, well.. maybe the only difference would be our position in the standings. I will concede that maybe those three guys are probably only average to below average hitters in the Super League.

Anyway, I'm gonna get relegated a third time. This cannot be avoided. However, I do not see the need to be a Mopey Mike about things. I want to go out in a blaze of glory somehow, and I want my obit to be even better than what that CYOA was supposed to be!

Guys.

I want your Bob Welches. I want to form Welchtron, Defender of Whatever. There are apparently four Welches out there, so I don't know who will form the head. Whatever, I want them somehow! If factorialite can try to collect all the Jimmie Foxxes, I want to collect all the Bob Welches!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Talked it over, while Bunning isn't really helping me all that much being stuck on a bad team that can't hit all that well, the return might not be enough. I'll give it some extra thought. I've resigned myself to fate but I at least want to put some solid bodies in the dispersal draft!

I still want Bob Welches though! Bob Welch probably would not be much of an help for Expansion Cup teams come dispersal draft time

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 25, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

oldskool, do you need an outfielder for your Bob Welch? Indian Bob Johnson hasn't worked out and needs a change of scenery.

Also, Juan Marichal comes back this sim, just put him in where Doug Fister is in the rotation and send Fister down to AAA for the rest of the sim.

EDIT: Give me some time to think if I actually do want to do a Johnson/Welch deal. I felt a strange chill for some reason.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 25, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

At least Doug Fister's rebounded kinda okay I guess. Put him in Tanana's spot.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Smasher Dynamo posted:

He's already in your rotation.

Marichal's back, so he should be in my rotation too. Didn't expect Fister to have to stick around. If Marichal isn't then he replaces Tanana

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Buddy Bell is back in the lineup, Ron Cey is sent to AAA. Also I guess you can put Ken Williams back in the lineup at DH over George Bell. If you want to.

I still want Bob Welches, and will be willing to move bench bats for a Welch and other bench bats!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 29, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Except me!

I'd like to think I know stuff about baseball(not as much as the SAS regulars do. Those are smart dudes.), but I haven't picked the right guys for the sim, which is why I'm facing relegation for a third time.

Some of those guys really do sound good on paper, like the '85 Blue Jays. Future owners lurking the thread, take it from me, don't pick the '85 Blue Jays. Just don't. You will absolutely get relegated.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 30, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

tatankatonk posted:

Please don't slander Jimmy loving Key

I lost him before I could get a chance to!

At least I think I found Dave Stieb a good role as long relief. Guy never really worked that well in the SL.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

:siren: Trade Offer

1986 Jim Rice to Goose Eggs for 1935 Bob Johnson.

Confirmed.

One of the many reasons(and believe me, there are many) why I couldn't capitalize on my EC success is out the door. Didn't have the patience to deal with his struggling and should have been gone weeks ago.

Jim Rice in LF, Matt Holliday to DH.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Vice City Goose Eggs

Should have shuffled my pitching staff a little bit. We ain't worthy of having a banner in our post, or characters, funny puns, or good players. We are worthy of Bob Welch.

Frank Tanana is healthy, so put Tananarama in the rotation at #3 over Doug Fister, sliding Phil Niekro to the #4 spot, where he can continue to blow. Twisted Fister gets sent to the bullpen, taking Danny Darwin's spot, who gets sent to AAA to die a hilarious death.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

2003 Ichiro isn't Baby Joe Carter who was about 3 seasons away from being a big time contributor. I'm okay with it if Smasher is.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

[Vice City Goose Eggs

Yes to wild cards. Still thinking of how to even the playing field to make Smasher's life easier.

Of course my roster changes won't make his life easier. Luis Tiant takes Bunning's place in the rotation. Send Frank Lary to the most wonderful place on earth, AAA so Dave LaRoche can hopefully step in and be somewhat decent.

Ichiro Suzuki takes over in CF and leads off. Amos Otis moves to RF and bats 9th. Al 'Ow' Kaline rests on the bench this week and Rance Mullinicks goes to help the AAA team explore the deepest darkest parts of space. If he can get his Astro Cycle back, that is.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Vice City Goose Eggs

Let's at least finish strong somehow. We ain't gonna make it. There's gonna be 25 dead.. and 400 pall bearers. Nya ha ha ha. Nya ha ha, ha ha ha.

Both line ups have Al Kaline back in RF. move him to third and set everyone else back a spot. Ken Williams replaces Jim Rice in LF, and Robinson Cano gets a chance to prove he does not suck by replacing Nellie Fox at 2B.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

At least we didn't lose 100 games! Closed out the season rather strongly, even came within one run of becoming the new World Heavyweight Champion, but that ain't gonna matter in the Guantlet. Gonna post a very fitting song regarding my own opinion on our chances to survive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90ngH2anxQ

With that said.

Hey, you almost won the Expansion Cup! What happened? What went wrong?

The better question is, what didn't go wrong?

- Rance Mulliniks and Buddy Bell are suitable Expansion Cup players. Super League? Maybe not.

- Guess I didn't play Marty McManus enough?

- Even Jim Bunning underperformed. At least the guys I got in the trade performed well to close out the season.

- Losing Troy Tulowitzki and Jimmy loving Key to John Lackey and the California Unspecifieds hurt. Tulo probably would not have made a ton of a difference. Jimmy loving Key was an '85 Blue Jay, so it was no big loss after all.

To all future owners of Super League teams, stay away from mid 80s Blue Jays teams.

- Urban Shocker and Doug Fister let me down, man. Came up huge in the EC, not so much in the SL.

- Robinson Cano wasn't really the offensive upgraded I needed in the lineup until it was too late.

- Take some walks, guys.

- Indian Bob Johnson.

What would happen, God forbid, if you actually survived? Ain't gonna happen. Would be awesome to shock the world. If it does? I dunno. Get a real third baseman? Shortstop? Let's take it one step at a time until then, hope we do Smasher a few favors along the way so we would at least deserve a module or two in the obit.

What's next once you get relegated? I dunno. Try to build my self confidence back up so I can at least get around to plan a Super League Wrestling LP. Succeed where various Wrestlehut 2K folks have failed. Lots of quality LPs in this subforum though, the bar is rather high.

Now, with that said, let's shut up and post lineups.

Rotation:

1. Juan Marichal
2. Luis Tiant
3. Frank Tanana
4. Urban Shocker
5. Phil Niekro

Bullpen:

Closer: Tom Henke
Setup: Regular Bob Johnson
Short relief: Dave Stieb, Dave LaRoche
Middle relief: Hank Aguirre
Long relief: Doug Fister

Ernie Whitt is Frank Tanana's personal catcher.

vs. right handers (no DH):

1. CF Ichiro Suzuki
2. 1B George Sisler
3. RF Al Kaline
4. LF Ken Williams
5. 2B Robinson Cano
6. 3B Buddy Bell
7. C Hank Severid
8. SS Marty McManus
9. Pitcher

vs. right handers (no DH):

1. CF Ichiro Suzuki
2. 1B George Sisler
3. RF Al Kaline
4. LF Ken Williams
5. DH Matt Holliday
6. 2B Robinson Cano
7. 3B Buddy Bell
8. C Hank Severid
9. SS Marty McManus

vs. left handers (no DH):

1. CF Amos Otis
2. 1B George Sisler
3. RF Al Kaline
4. LF Matt Holliday
5. 2B Robinson Cano
6. 3B Buddy Bell
7. C Hank Severid
8. SS Marty McManus
9. Pitcher

vs. left handers (no DH):

1. CF Amos Otis
2. 1B George Sisler
3. DH Al Kaline
4. LF Matt Holliday
5. 2B Robinson Cano
6. RF Ichiro Suzuki
7. 3B Buddy Bell
8. C Hank Severid
9. SS Marty McManus

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

theacox posted:

Hey don't steal my thunder!

That reminds me, I left off some stuff in my list of things that went wrong:

- The Mudholes would regularly come around, beat us up, and take our cocaine money.

- After putting up MVP-ish numbers in a short period of time in the EC, George Bell turned into a pumpkin in the Super League. Literally.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Nov 18, 2012

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The Vice City Tom Henke was '83, not '85. Still one of the few guys who did a good job. Like '78 Amos Otis, who somehow did okay!

Belated apologies for those we let down in the pick 'em game.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

tatankatonk posted:

With the 18th pick in the draft, the San Juan Elephants select SP Juan Marichal, from 1962.

Take him, my brother. May he serve you well.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

B - Always pay with cash!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Lloyd Moseby does not 'kinda' suck!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

This is the roster full of ham and eggers that will lose lots and lots of games.

Team name: Jacksonville Jobbers

Home City: Jacksonville, Vermont.

Home Stadium: THE JOBBERDOME~! Use the Rogers Centre for this. Dome should always be closed. Too bad we can't simulate the lights in BBMogul, as we should be playing in dimmed lights much like Madison Square Garden wrestling events during the 1980s.

Dimensions if needed:

Left Field Line - 328 feet
Left-Centre Power Alley - 375 feet
Centre Field - 400 feet
Right-Centre Power Alley - 375 feet
Right Field Line - 328 feet

Artificial turf, medium foul grounds.

DH Preference: Got the luck of the draw and put into the DH league.

Teams:

1993 Florida Marlins(1)
1968 Chicago White Sox(1)
1995 Baltimore Orioles(2)
2008 New York Mets(3)
1972 Minnesota Twins(2)
1965 Washington Senators(1)

30 Man Roster!

C Chris Hoiles 1995 Baltimore Orioles
1B Rafael Palmeiro 1995 Baltimore Orioles
2B Rod Carew 1972 Minnesota Twins
3B David Wright 2008 New York Mets
SS Jose Reyes 2008 New York Mets
LF Frank Howard 1965 Washington Senators
CF Carlos Beltran 2008 New York Mets
RF Gary Sheffield 1993 Florida Marlins
Bench 1B Harmon Killebrew 1972 Minnesota Twins
Bench OF Tony Oliva 1972 Minnesota Twins
Bench SS Cal Ripken 1995 Baltimore Orioles
Bench C Brian Schneider 2008 New York Mets
Bench LF Brady Anderson 1995 Baltimore Orioles
Bench 3B Ken McMullen 1965 Washington Senators

SP Tommy John 1968 Chicago White Sox
SP Mike Mussina 1995 Baltimore Orioles
SP Kevin Brown 1995 Baltimore Orioles
SP Johan Santana 2008 New York Mets
SP Bert Blyleveln 1972 Minnesota Twins
RP Bob Locker 1968 Chicago White Sox
RP Pedro Feliciano 2008 New York Mets
RP Billy Wagner 2008 New York Mets
RP Robb Nen 1993 Florida Marlins
RP Trevor Hoffman 1993 Florida Marlins
RP Wilbur Wood 1968 Chicago White Sox

AAA LF Jeff Conine 1993 Florida Marlins
AAA 1B Carlos Delgado 2008 New York Mets
AAA SP Jim Kaat 1972 Minnesota Twins
AAA SP Pete Reichert 1965 Washington Senators
AAA RP Joe Smith 2008 New York Mets

Strategies: Again, sliders neutral

Personal catcher: Brian Schneider is personal catcher for Tommy John

Lineups:

Vs. lefties

1. 2B Rod Carew
2. CF Carlos Beltran
3. RF Gary Sheffield
4. 1B Harmon Killebrew
5. LF Frank Howard
6. 3B David Wright
7. SS Cal Ripken Jr
8. C Chris Hoiles
9. Pitcher Spot

vs. righties

1. SS Jose Reyes
2. 2B Rod Carew
3. RF Gary Sheffield
4. 1B Rafael Palmeiro
5. CF Carlos Beltran
6. 3B David Wright
7. LF Frank Howard
8. C Chris Hoiles
9. Pitcher Spot

vs. lefties w/ DH (just in case)

1. 2B Rod Carew
2. CF Carlos Beltran
3. RF Gary Sheffield
4. 1B Harmon Killebrew
5. LF Frank Howard
6. 3B David Wright
7. DH Rafael Palmeiro
8. SS Cal Ripken Jr.
9. C Chris Hoiles

vs. righties w/ DH (just in case)

1. SS Jose Reyes
2. 2B Rod Carew
3. DH Gary Sheffield
4. 1B Rafael Palmeiro
5. CF Carlos Beltran
6. 3B David Wright
7. DH Frank Howard
8. LF Tony Oliva
9. C Chris Hoiles

Rotation:

1. Bert Blyleven
2. Mike Mussina
3. Kevin Brown
4. Johan Santana
5. Tommy John

Closer: Billy Wagner
Setup: Trevor Hoffman
Short Relief: Bob Locker
Short Relief: Pedro Feliciano
Middle Relief: Robb Nen
Long Relief: Wilbur Wood

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Playoffs rule. It's not a sport, even a fantasy sport, without playoffs.

Not like the Jobbers are making any playoffs anytime ever anyway!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I nearly forgot about Jim Kaat. No wonder I'm going to get relegated for a fourth time!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Jobbers gonna job. Well at least we're going to see another module! Change to come.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Our starting rotation is a bunch of Dolph Zigglers facing a bunch of John Cenas. Gonna give it another month before changes.

With Tony Olivo's career as a jobber looking to last almost as long as Friar Ferguson's did, let's insert the SL equivalent to Jinder Mahal, Brady Anderson into the starting lineup. I guess Jeff Conine can get called up to sit on the bench and tell funny road stories or something.

Vs. lefties

1. 2B Rod Carew
2. CF Carlos Beltran
3. RF Gary Sheffield
4. 1B Harmon Killebrew
5. LF Frank Howard
6. 3B David Wright
7. SS Cal Ripken Jr
8. C Chris Hoiles
9. Pitcher Spot

vs. righties

1. SS Jose Reyes
2. 2B Rod Carew
3. RF Gary Sheffield
4. 1B Rafael Palmeiro
5. CF Carlos Beltran
6. 3B David Wright
7. LF Brady Anderson
8. C Chris Hoiles
9. Pitcher Spot

vs. lefties w/ DH (just in case)

1. 2B Rod Carew
2. CF Carlos Beltran
3. RF Gary Sheffield
4. 1B Harmon Killebrew
5. LF Frank Howard
6. 3B David Wright
7. DH Rafael Palmeiro
8. SS Cal Ripken Jr.
9. C Chris Hoiles

vs. righties w/ DH (just in case)

1. SS Jose Reyes
2. 2B Rod Carew
3. RF Gary Sheffield
4. 1B Rafael Palmeiro
5. CF Carlos Beltran
6. 3B David Wright
7. DH Frank Howard
8. LF Brady Anderson
9. C Chris Hoiles

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I read Jemm as Jem at first and thought that Early Wynn suffered some sort of Truly Outrageous injury

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Jobbers need the following to be respectable come Super League time: Everybody.

Of course, the players I do get in trades will become jobbers. It is their destiny. Speaking of jobbers: Johan Santana, you are pitching like Red Tyler, when the #4 spot is reserved for guys like Riki Ataki. Jim Kaat gets called up to take Santana's #4 spot in the rotation. Santana gets sent down. Santana looks like he had a great roll and yet has an ERA of almost 6, and doesn't seem unlucky. If it was a lack of luck I'd just see if his luck would turn around in June.

Also, lineup wise, all that really needs to be done is make sure Frank Howard never sees the field. Keep him as DH and keep Gary Sheffield in right!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Rocket Cycles are always in style. Always. A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

What if the rocket cycle was made of gyros?